Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon on the phone-in

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
We havn't signed anyone up front. McCammon is our biggest physical threat in the team. He needs to be given a run. He will have poor games but has shown he can have decent ones.

Richie Morris said:
McCammon should NEVER play for this club again.

He blamed the strikers not scoring on the midfielders and then when pressed on that he backtracked and mumbled something like "not just them, defenders can cross as well."

Then picking on the fans?

The same fans whose hard work, money and determination in the face of adversity has kept this club going as well as paying HIS wages.

Tosser.

Interesting to see what the anti Leon Knight brigade have to say about this. Questioning the manager, team mates and fans on the radio, admitting publicly he has fallen out with McGhee and making it quite clear he would rather have been playing for Watford reserves.

Go now.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: My views have been validated because MORRIS completely disagrees with them!

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
David it wasn't a cheap jibe, I really take on board what you say, don't get so anal,if my repsonse really winds you up that much feel free to call me at work,01903 206299.
As for my opinion I know I said, he came on and went about me not having the right to an opinion and his match fitness.
Does my final statement of 'Prove Me Wrong' not re-iterate what my opinion is?

Last edited:

The Great Cornholio said:
Yet again, you single me out from the loads of other people on this thread
I think this is all to do with the difficulties that Harty (Ian) has with the principle of "forgive and forget". In many ways, this is an admirable quality - and it's certainly one that most of us apply to Stanley, Archer and Bellotti. But I think Harty sometimes remembers too much for too long.

I've certainly forgotten what it was that TGC did to upset Harty, but I do remember him moaning at me about it at the time.

The interesting thing about last night will be whether Mark McCammon's comments will get support from his fellow players. I suspect they will. And how long will it take them to forgive and forget Harty? And what will be the consequences?

Watch this space.

Harty said:
David it wasn't a cheap jibe, I really take on board what you say, don't get so anal,if my repsonse really winds you up that much feel free to call me at work,01903 206299.
As for my opinion I know I said, he came on and went about me not having the right to an opinion and his match fitness.
Does my final statement of 'Prove Me Wrong' not re-iterate what my opinion is?

I'm not wound up at all - just intrigued as to why my comments seem to hit home more than the abusive ones. And I'm not doubting your word - just my recollection seems to differ.

Just try and remember, we are all working towards the same goal here.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Harty was SPOT on and McCammon looked like a petty child clutching at straws with his "Come back when you have kicked a ball professionally" rubbish.

Well done Harty.:clap:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Harty, I love the phone in. I doubt there are any that are better across the country. We are so lucky to have someone that is not scared to give their opinion. Last night was something else though. I have never heard you speechless before. :lolol: :lolol:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Would you do it then?, I know I wouldn't, there's some sick bastards lurking around here you know.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Lord Bracknell said:

. Maybe some of us should be loaned out.

i am going out on loan to London Irish and after last night, it may become a permanent move.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
the full harris said:
McCammon came across as if he actually believed he was a good player who was being held back by injuries, poor service, criticism from supporters. The whole phone call was just a list of excuses as to why he is so dreadfull at his job (a job that he gets paid more than MOST of us for, partly paid for by us).

Absolutely spot on! It was a feckin disgrace particularly the suggestion that as we were not "Pro's" we were not somehow entitled to an opinion. It made my blood boil and it he should never wear the stripes again. I thought Harty handled it quite well with the exception of trying to coax him in to criticising the midfield. I also felt sorry for Kerry who must have been squirming in embarasment and had to siton the fence a bit a Mac is still his team mate at this point in time.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
dave the gaffer said:
i am going out on loan to London Irish and after last night, it may become a permanent move.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

We're being loaned out to London Irish in a couple of weeks for the Newcastle Game, see you there Dave???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Isnt really an insight into the fact that Magoo cant coach and that our youth team are better organised, more creative, better set pieces etc etc

Lord Bracknell said:
I think this is all to do with the difficulties that Harty (Ian) has with the principle of "forgive and forget". In many ways, this is an admirable quality - and it's certainly one that most of us apply to Stanley, Archer and Bellotti. But I think Harty sometimes remembers too much for too long.

I've certainly forgotten what it was that TGC did to upset Harty, but I do remember him moaning at me about it at the time.

The interesting thing about last night will be whether Mark McCammon's comments will get support from his fellow players. I suspect they will. And how long will it take them to forgive and forget Harty? And what will be the consequences?

Watch this space.

This was the post in question, I believe :-

You can take the man out of the fanzine but ......

Still looking for scandal where there is none. Trying to be controversial for the sake of it. And saying we would struggle to get 10000 today. Even if it is true, which I don't believe BTW, banging on about it plays into the hands of the Nimby arguments. Will make no difference to the PI but will give them sucker.

Oh well. Here's to 3 points and 2 bottles of Firestoker. Diet goes out the window tonight. Even my PC gets a night off from burning DVD's!

Ironically enough, in a thread started by Morris entitled Ian Hart - a bit of a tossbag? That's why I'm always intrigued that myself and THPP were singled out and not Scoop himself.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I don't think it's a case of supporting Harty over McCammon or vice versa.

Harty is entitled to an opinion about MM, and Big Mac is entitled to defend himself.

For football players everything is famine and feast, I recall after beating Plymouth in August some were talking about a play--off chance. The next minute someone is desribing CKR as a Twat.

Both are way off the mark.

But surely we all agree it is GREAT RADIO, Harty is now the Howard Stern of SCR.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
My Mum has just phoned and says I can invite Mark McCammon round for tea next Thursday. Do you think this will put an end to the matter?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Fair play to the useless one, he proved to me that he does care that the majority of Albion fans think he is a waste of space.

Maybe that will spur him on to do better when he drops down a division or two.

Oh, and as for WHINGERS (who pay your f***ing wages), when we actually chanted you NAME at Shewsbury, you turned your back on us, FACT.

I'd certainly tell you to f*** OFF to your face.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

Harty said:
My Mum has just phoned and says I can invite Mark McCammon round for tea next Thursday. Do you think this will put an end to the matter?

If he comes round can you slip some of that magic juice that bobby and wardy drink in it:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here