Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon off to Brizzle City

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
gerbil said:
Aah it's all coming back to me now!
I remember it well............except the Fatty Taxman thing I didn't know that :eek:

He has had a few issues when we have been out west, shoes tied to the table, tipex on his eye brows, chinese takeaway up his arms, sleeping in a bank etc.

I think Bob the Cod got 2 that day. It was the game where Brady brought Myall back in, having not featured for about a year.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Robins capture McCammon
Friday February 17 2006
Click here to bet on Football with totalbet!

Email Us Chat Forum
Mail article Print article

Bristol City have signed striker Mark McCammon on a one-month loan deal from Coca-Cola Championship outfit Brighton.

McCammon, 27, initially joins the League One outfit on loan but could clinch a permanent move if he impresses at Ashton Gate.

Manager Gary Johnson welcomed the arrival of the former Millwall man, who goes straight into the City squad for Saturday's trip to Bradford City.

"He is good in the air, but he is also quick, strong and willing to work hard by running down the channels. I am very excited about the prospect of seeing him play in our team," Johnson told the club's official website.

"Mark is eager to do well here and knows there is the opportunity to earn a permanent move here."

McCammon, out of contract this summer, has struggled to hold down a regular place at Brighton this term and has been restricted to just nine appearances in all competitions, scoring just once.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
Anyone who saw McCammon's performance against Bognor pre-season will be glad of his departure

I was there. I don't think he played did he.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Les Biehn said:

Well he came on, but to say he played would be debateable

Hit the corner flag with a shot, fell over with only the keeper to beat, tackled McPhee when he was shooting and the bognor fans stood around me were pissing themselves

Edward Scissorhands

Feb 20, 2005
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Best piece of news I've heard all day.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Can someone put a link to this thread on the Brizzle forum? Should wet there apetites. :jester:

Last edited:

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
No problem! We don't need him now we are signing our much-heralded "target man". Yer right! :censored:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
London Irish said:
Good luck to Big Mac, he has been deplorably treated by the most immature section of the Albion support, he always played better than those idiots gave him credit for and his strength and aerial power will cause League 1 defences a lot of problems.

He was an important part of the team that kept us up last year (featuring in nearly all of that 7-game unbeaten run around Christmas time, for example) but had to be sacrificed by McGhee now to free up some cash for a loan signing, as his injury record and goal-scoring rate means the other, younger guys we have are better options for us now.

At times Big Mac didn't do himself any favours with McGhee, the notorious example being Burnley, but I feel the die was cast before his latest disagreements with McGhee and that a decision on his future had long been made before he went on to the phone-in.

That was an unprofessional thing to do of course by Big Mac, but Albion fans admire guts and someone sticking up for themselves, so ironically he really had nothing to lose and, partly because of that, he will be remembered more fondly than the immaturos on here think.

Good luck Big Mac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tosh.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I work with a Brentford season ticket holder who laughed like a DRAIN when we first signed McCammon. He couldn't believe that Brentford had managed to offload him to Millwall a couple of years back, being as he'd been nothing but abject GASH for them in League 1. He was even more incredulous that McCammon was somehow still plying his trade in the Championship when he moved to the Albion, and gave me fair warning about what an utterly useless lump this bloke is. Unfortunately he proved to be absolutely spot on, and it developed into something of a standing joke between us.

Bee's fan: "So how was McCammon on Saturday then ?"
Me: "Oh, Van Basten mate. Van Basten."

Thank christ we've got shot of him. Please don't let him come back.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Les Biehn said:

I've been to many football matches and on only 2 occasions have I heard laughter ring around the ground.

The first time was in 1990 Spurs vs Man City when Gazza took the piss out of Colin Hendry and the second was the Bognor pre-season match when McCammon did an air-shot from 3 yards out.

Useless f***ing twat.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Pavilionaire said:
I've been to many football matches and on only 2 occasions have I heard laughter ring around the ground.

The first time was in 1990 Spurs vs Man City when Gazza took the piss out of Colin Hendry and the second was the Bognor pre-season match when McCammon did an air-shot from 3 yards out.

Useless f***ing twat.

I must have erased it from my memory.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Pavilionaire said:

Useless f***ing twat.

If it wasn't for the fact he was a brighton player i would have told everyone i knew about his performance at Bognor, 45 mins of utter shite....

But was too embaressed

:blush:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here