Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon off to Brizzle City

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Didn't he score the goal that got us promoted from the Southern League back in nineteencanteen.

OK: who is going to claim that he helped herd the animals onto the ark?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
3 reasons why this is good news:

1. McCammon's goals are less frequent than Halley's Comet.
2. He is a prima donna and a destabilising influence on the squad.
3. Joe Gatting will get valuable first team experience without learning bad habits off this complete cretin.

I confidently predict he will be playing non-league football inside 2 years.

Good luck to Big Mac, he has been deplorably treated by the most immature section of the Albion support, he always played better than those idiots gave him credit for and his strength and aerial power will cause League 1 defences a lot of problems.

He was an important part of the team that kept us up last year (featuring in nearly all of that 7-game unbeaten run around Christmas time, for example) but had to be sacrificed by McGhee now to free up some cash for a loan signing, as his injury record and goal-scoring rate means the other, younger guys we have are better options for us now.

At times Big Mac didn't do himself any favours with McGhee, the notorious example being Burnley, but I feel the die was cast before his latest disagreements with McGhee and that a decision on his future had long been made before he went on to the phone-in.

That was an unprofessional thing to do of course by Big Mac, but Albion fans admire guts and someone sticking up for themselves, so ironically he really had nothing to lose and, partly because of that, he will be remembered more fondly than the immaturos on here think.

Good luck Big Mac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wardywonderland said:
Was it not the big man that won the pentaly that one us the play off final?

This is a point I think about the general effectiveness of a big targetman.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Sad as it is, Gatting looks our best hope as our supposed ' targetman'

Stick with him and either put CKR or Jakey alongside him

Is he shit then? If not why is it sad? He's big enough, skilfull enough on the brief glimpses I've seen of him and apparently knows where the goal is, so what's the problem?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
Good luck to Big Mac, he has been deplorably treated by the most immature section of the Albion support, he always played better than those idiots gave him credit for and his strength and aerial power will cause League 1 defences a lot of problems.

He was an important part of the team that kept us up last year (featuring in nearly all of that 7-game unbeaten run around Christmas time, for example) but had to be sacrificed by McGhee now to free up some cash for a loan signing, as his injury record and goal-scoring rate means the other, younger guys we have are better options for us now.

At times Big Mac didn't do himself any favours with McGhee, the notorious example being Burnley, but I feel the die was cast before his latest disagreements with McGhee and that a decision on his future had long been made before he went on to the phone-in.

That was an unprofessional thing to do of course by Big Mac, but Albion fans admire guts and someone sticking up for themselves, so ironically he really had nothing to lose and, partly because of that, he will be remembered more fondly than the immaturos on here think.

Predictable and patronising.

You still manage to get a swipe in at those that disagree with you and seem to know more about players than you.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
London Irish said:

Absolutely, I will remember him for his goal against Sunderland that gave us one of our best results of last season. Funny that it is his goalscoring record that is criticised but last season he got one less than Leon Knight in only half a season. But Leon Knight is a quality Championship player and should never be criticised.

Good luck Mark. Hope he does well at Bristol City. He has always been unlucky with injuries at Brighton and we have never seen the best of him as a result.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
LI, that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read all day.

McCammon will be remembered for 2 things:

1. Making an arse out of himself, Harty, the fans and the club by calling the phone-in.

2. For being an absolutely shit footballer.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Pavilionaire said:
LI, that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read all day.

McCammon will be remembered for 2 things:

1. Making an arse out of himself, Harty, the fans and the club by calling the phone-in.

2. For being an absolutely shit footballer.

3. looking like lamar

Uncle Buck said:
Predictable and patronising.

Very predictable and patronising :wave:

Last edited:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rangdo said:
What happened to him being too good to go down a division as he said on the phone in? ???

Presumably he will now score bagfuls for Bristol City, seeing as he's better than League 1 ... in his opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here