Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon off to Brizzle City

Pavilionaire said:
LI, that's the biggest load of bollocks I've read all day.

McCammon will be remembered for 2 things:

1. Making an arse out of himself, Harty, the fans and the club by calling the phone-in.

2. For being an absolutely shit footballer.

Sure, that's how he'll be remembered by those who got on his back from virtually day one. Most Albion fans are actually more fairminded than you think in their assessments of players and their contributions, it is an illusion that those who shout the loudest and most crudest things speak for the majority.

Uncle Buck said:
Yes Steve, that is you.

:lolol:

No, you, so nerrrrrrrrrrr

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Yeah coz MM really knows a good striker when he sees one:

El Turi, Big Mac, Molango...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Most people thought he was ok after stoke then he go worse and worse.

Like i said to you a while back.

He wasnt SO bad in the air it was the fact he won it then couldnt lay it of to anyone in blue and white.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
LI, I think you'll find most Albion fans think he's shit in almost every aspect of being a professional footballer.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
6. Having Millwall fans singing "Youve got Mark Macammon" on New Years Eve

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
'I've always rated him he's like the Akinbiyi mold big but can score goals with his feet.'

Oh dear, the Brizzle fans are going to be most disappointed...

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
London Irish said:
Good luck to Big Mac, he has been deplorably treated by the most immature section of the Albion support, he always played better than those idiots gave him credit for and his strength and aerial power will cause League 1 defences a lot of problems.

He was an important part of the team that kept us up last year (featuring in nearly all of that 7-game unbeaten run around Christmas time, for example) but had to be sacrificed by McGhee now to free up some cash for a loan signing, as his injury record and goal-scoring rate means the other, younger guys we have are better options for us now.

At times Big Mac didn't do himself any favours with McGhee, the notorious example being Burnley, but I feel the die was cast before his latest disagreements with McGhee and that a decision on his future had long been made before he went on to the phone-in.

That was an unprofessional thing to do of course by Big Mac, but Albion fans admire guts and someone sticking up for themselves, so ironically he really had nothing to lose and, partly because of that, he will be remembered more fondly than the immaturos on here think.

Good luck Big Mac :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I have to agree with this. Well said LI

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ade Akinbiyi knows where the goal is.

Bet LI dont remember his loan spell with us many moons ago :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He was actually rather good. From Norwich I believe.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Ade Akinbiyi knows where the goal is.

Bet LI dont remember his loan spell with us many moons ago :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

He was actually rather good. From Norwich I believe.

I remember him scoring during a 3-0 win at Home Park. Bob the Cod scored from 45 yards, about 100 of us on the terrace in the pissing rain, but did we care.

Liam Brady's Blue and White Army, what a day.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Uncle Buck said:
I remember him scoring during a 3-0 win at Home Park. Bob the Cod scored from 45 yards, about 100 of us on the terrace in the pissing rain, but did we care.

Liam Brady's Blue and White Army, what a day.

I was there.

Didn't Akinbiyi do his somersault thing after he scored?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Icy Gull said:
Is he shit then? If not why is it sad? He's big enough, skilfull enough on the brief glimpses I've seen of him and apparently knows where the goal is, so what's the problem?

No he isn't shit and as good as he is my only worry is he could be playing to soon and too much be expected of him, don't want his confidence to be shattered a la Jakey

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
No he isn't shit and as good as he is my only worry is he could be playing to soon and too much be expected of him, don't want his confidence to be shattered a la Jakey

...and Mcphee

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Uncle Buck said:
Yep.

Then they held us in for about 40 minutes and marched us round the main stand and let us out, except for the Fatty Taxman, who went for a dump and got locked in the ground!!!

Aah it's all coming back to me now!
I remember it well............except the Fatty Taxman thing I didn't know that :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here