Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

McCammon off to Brizzle City

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Withdean Wanderer said:
bollocks, the one fit target man we have in the squad shipped out.

I don't care if everyone thinks he's shit, he did well against Southampton and is certainly no worse than anything we've got. Fair enough if we actually looked like getting a new striker in, but it's just not happening is it?

He isn't fit...he said so himself on the phone-in

He also said he thought his own performance against Southampton was dire

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Les Biehn said:
Who's the four?
CKR
Hart
Robinson
Gatting
I hate the misconception that a holding player needs to be big. They need to be strong but that has nothing to do with size, if you have the ability to create space for yourself then you don't need to constantly hold off defenders. You also need alot of skill on the ball and be able to spot/know the runs of the striker.
I think CKR could do this job quite well

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Withdean Wanderer said:
bollocks, the one fit target man we have in the squad shipped out.

I don't care if everyone thinks he's shit, he did well against Southampton and is certainly no worse than anything we've got. Fair enough if we actually looked like getting a new striker in, but it's just not happening is it?

damn right, i really struggle to understand MM and DK.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Billy the Fish said:
CKR
Hart
Robinson
Gatting
I hate the misconception that a holding player needs to be big. They need to be strong but that has nothing to do with size, if you have the ability to create space for yourself then you don't need to constantly hold off defenders. You also need alot of skill on the ball and be able to spot/know the runs of the striker.
I think CKR could do this job quite well

I think it is CKR's weak spot, he is not happy with his back to goal, starts getting his elbows involved too much and spends to much time concentrating on trying to outmuscle his opponent than keeping his eye on the ball

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
blockhseagull said:
He isn't fit...he said so himself on the phone-in

He also said he thought his own performance against Southampton was dire

He isn't 100% fit - but he's fit enough to play a part, certainly - more so than Turienzo anyhow! He's also big and causes problems - noone else does that.

and i don't think he did say that about his Southampton performance, but either way it's my opinion and i thought he did alright

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Withdean Wanderer said:
He isn't 100% fit - but he's fit enough to play a part, certainly - more so than Turienzo anyhow! He's also big and causes problems - noone else does that.

and i don't think he did say that about his Southampton performance, but either way it's my opinion and i thought he did alright

He did say that... i spoke to him in the sportsman before the leeds game, he said he hadn't played 5 games in a row for years and had no match sharpness...said he needed about 8 games to get back to his best

Unfortunatly as nice as the guy was when i spoke to him, we haven't got eight games to wait for him

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
blockhseagull said:
I think it is CKR's weak spot, he is not happy with his back to goal, starts getting his elbows involved too much and spends to much time concentrating on trying to outmuscle his opponent than keeping his eye on the ball

Agree with this and disagree that Hart is a better option. He had a good game against Leeds and since then has been anonymous.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
He'll get mullered if he doesnt perform, city fans are a fickle bunch

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Les Biehn said:
Agree with this and disagree that Hart is a better option. He had a good game against Leeds and since then has been anonymous.

Sad as it is, Gatting looks our best hope as our supposed ' targetman'

Stick with him and either put CKR or Jakey alongside him

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What price is he to score the first goal tomorrow ???

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I almost feel sorry for the Brizzle fans.

I wonder if they know how crap he is.

We must thank them for taking him off out hands.

I suppose it would be good if he scored a few for them and go a permenant deal,but lets face it,it aint gonna happen.

GOOD RIDDANCE McCAMMON:salute:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Gatting, CKR, Robinson, Hart, McPhee, and Turienzo are all better.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Was it not the big man that won the pentaly that one us the play off final?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here