Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo is starting in center mid

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
The sad thing is I am sure he will be ok tomorrow night, and that will mean we get an nsc over reaction of "Mayo was brilliant, he must start the next game." Then, he will start the next game, and the next, getting steadily worse in each one, and before we know it we'll be lumbered with him for another year. Anyone who wants to disagree with me, that's fine, I'm not interested in an argument, but if you seriously think Kerry Mayo in midfield is where we want to/should be in 2008, then I would question your opinion/ambition as much as you question mine.

I don't think anyone is jumping for joy at the prosepct of Kerry Mayo playing in centre midfield tomorrow, but to describe this clubs most loyal servant as non league shit and suggest that you've known it all his career is hardly encouragement is it?

If Kerry Mayo does play (which I for one doubt) he will be playing out of position. You can saying many things about him but he will always give 100%, unlike far more talented wanabees like Knight, O'Callaghan, Kazim Richards etc. He has consistently put his balls on the line for the club despite long spells out if the side. I'm sure he is aware that, if he is playing, he will be there because of a series of injuries and the cock up over the signing of Hammond's replacement. He will still give it is all and good luck to him.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What is wrong with having Kezza starting in Midfield ? Tank in defence , 2KMs in midfield and Fozzy up front what more do you need in terms of experience and maturity ? We need 3 points tomorrow night so DW has to field his best side and pick those who will give 100% regardless.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
He has consistently put his balls on the line for the club despite long spells out if the side.

I fully expect his balls to regularly go over the lines.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about those balls. My bad.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I fully expect his balls to regularly go over the lines.

Oh wait, you weren't talking about those balls. My bad.

:D

Come on everyone - it's not that bad. We have Reid, Fraser, Loft and Dixon on their way back and McFaul getting up to match fitness, plus we have El Abd. It's a temporary solution to a temporary problem (if it's true of course).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
McGhee has left the club, so none of those things will happen :thumbsup:

i dont know. bear in mind we have seen -

savage wide right
el abd centre midfield
whing left back
el abd left back

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Do you believe any of those players you have mentioned are good enough to start EVERY week in the middle of midfield in a league one team? I'd say it's a very permanent and sizeable problem - by far the biggest one we have, because we HAVE to sign a player from outside the club to solve it.
Agree with that but I don't agree that O'Callaghan was ever the solution. Money is the answer, or lack of it.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
It's not about being good enough for this league. Most of our players are good enough for THIS league, maybe not good enough to win it. What I would guess we all aspire to (DK included) is players good enough for the Championship - Ipswich didn't think George was, and only Colchester thought Hammond was. I think we should keep on looking, in the meantime we make do with what we have.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Fair points re Hammond and O'Callaghan, even though I feel O'Callaghan could have done a job for us in the league above. Looking at your first point though, which is that most of our players are good enough for this league, I would ask you this question: How many of the following players would get clubs in league one if we were to release them (and they have to play central midfield)?

Mayo
El Abd
Fraser
Loft
Martot
McFaul
What's the point you're making? They ARE playing in League One - so deal with it.

Do you think we have the monopoly on midfielders you don't rate or something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here