Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mayo is starting in center mid

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Last time I saw Mayo play in centre-midfield was against Southampton at St. Marys, and he had a very tidy game indeed.

Shame we lost though...

Haven't you read the last six pages, mayo's sh*t, it's official, our NSC football pundits have said so. These guy's know everything and we know nothing.

He'll do fine

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Last time I saw Mayo play in centre-midfield was against Southampton at St. Marys, and he had a very tidy game indeed.

Shame we lost though...

Was that when Lynch made his debut and had a blinder?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

Shame we lost though...

Last time I saw Mayo play in centre-midfield, he came on for 2 minutes of injury time, got us out of a difficult situation with a good defensive header and then nearly scored a winner at the other end. But ah well, we wouldn't want people to think he serves a purpose, would we?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Who said there won't be encouragement TONIGHT? I've got no intention of having a go at him at the game, and I doubt anyone else will. Doesn't mean we can't discuss a very backward step on here though.

For what it's worth, and what I posted a couple of pages back, I think Mayo will do ok tonight. He'll be no worse than El Abd was last week, and generally won't disgrace himself. It doesn't make the fact that, in 2008, we're still turning to him in MIDFIELD any less depressing though.

You still want to MARRY me then?

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Haven't you read the last six pages, mayo's sh*t, it's official, our NSC football pundits have said so. These guy's know everything and we know nothing.

He'll do fine

NSC has football pundits? That's a new one on me, and there I was ignoring the chimp noises when in fact they were sage words of wisdom!!

:thumbsup:

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
I dont know why you all think so poorly of him, hes been good for us and i still think he can do a job in center midfeild. lets wait untill after the game and then have this convosation

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I dont know why you all think so poorly of him, hes been good for us and i still think he can do a job in center midfeild. lets wait untill after the game and then have this convosation

The reason people speak so poorly of him is because he has performed consistently below the level required of him for sometime now. However this is the fault of managers who have picked him and played him at LB.

I think he looks alright in CM and as a squad player for that position I think he brings some much needed experience and bite to the team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here