Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Unfortunately for McGhee football is part of the entertainment business, and if you ain't putting bums on seats then the sack is always possible, no matter what the circumstances the club find themselves in.

He is managing with one hand tied behind his back as regards finance, but he is not getting the best out of the players and that's what bugs me.

Dean Hammond, Jake Robinson, Kuipers, Reid - all have been below par this season.

Crewe, Millwall and Sheff Wed are all piss-poor teams and after last season we should have been able to finish above all 3.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
blockhseagull said:
I haven't yet seen a creditable name who would actually come here

Not now - but in the summer, I have every confidence a proper manager could be tempted. McGhee aside, DK has a pretty decent track record in securing excellent managers.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Repugnant Toad said:
Not now - but in the summer, I have every confidence a proper manager could be tempted. McGhee aside, DK has a pretty decent track record in securing excellent managers.

Maybe, but who ?

i still have faith in McGhee to keep us up...and if we go down i can't think of a better manager that we could get to take us back up

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Repugnant Toad said:
You have though, over and over again - it's just easier to keep trotting out the same old tired lines.

No we have seen people suggest names but they are either not realistic options or are poor choices. I have yet to see a manager suggested who I believe would do a better job than McGhee

Also, regarding your previous post. Why call Mark McGhee a clown or as others do Magoo etc. Why not criticise him but call him by his name. It just undermines any good points you make to call McGhee names.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Repugnant Toad said:

As Yorkie quite rightly says, so you keep saying. MM is a decent manager, yet you seem to disagree with DK's choice. Who's to say that you wouldn't disagree with his choice next time. And as before. Who?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
If we are to go down, but we do it with a fight, I feel McGhee should have time to prove himself capable of giving us a good season in League 1. Performances such as those against Norwich and Watford saw us try our all, but to no avail.

If however, we just turn up and get rolled over each week, then i think there is strong case for sacking him. The players should already be motivated, but at the end of the day it's the managers job to get the performance out of them. Performances like the Leicester one aren't reallly acceptable

So If we lose every game between nwo and the end of the season, McGhee out for sure. But if we fall 2 points short, then i'd stick with him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Pavilionaire said:
Unfortunately for McGhee football is part of the entertainment business, and if you ain't putting bums on seats then the sack is always possible, no matter what the circumstances the club find themselves in.

He is managing with one hand tied behind his back as regards finance, but he is not getting the best out of the players and that's what bugs me.

Dean Hammond, Jake Robinson, Kuipers, Reid - all have been below par this season.

Crewe, Millwall and Sheff Wed are all piss-poor teams and after last season we should have been able to finish above all 3.
It's Hammond's first full season so I fail to see how he's been below par this season. Too early to judge if Baby Jake can do it at this level. Personally I doubt it. Kuipers has been injured most of the season and then loaned out so again you're basing thsi on a very few games. The club would be foolish to sack MM who has a proven record of taking teams up from the 3rd to 2nd tier of football. The critical thing is that we should have got a stiker in and MM knows that been a major failure.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
No we have seen people suggest names but they are either not realistic options or are poor choices. I have yet to see a manager suggested who I believe would do a better job than McGhee

Also, regarding your previous post. Why call Mark McGhee a clown or as others do Magoo etc. Why not criticise him but call him by his name. It just undermines any good points you make to call McGhee names.

There is only a few that do call him magoo.

And out of those so called poor choices who could have done worse this year?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sneaky George said:
It's Hammond's first full season so I fail to see how he's been below par this season. Too early to judge if Baby Jake can do it at this level. Personally I doubt it. Kuipers has been injured most of the season and then loaned out so again you're basing thsi on a very few games. The club would be foolish to sack MM who has a proven record of taking teams up from the 3rd to 2nd tier of football. The critical thing is that we should have got a stiker in and MM knows that been a major failure.

I wish people would also stop babying jake, he is 19 and i bet ckr wished he got the same support if he was as shit as jake has been for most the year.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
KinkyNormanBaker said:
I wish people would also stop babying jake, he is 19 and i bet ckr wished he got the same support if he was as shit as jake has been for most the year.

Jake this, Jake that, South coast Rooney , Darling of NSC. What has he actually done this year bar a goal or two?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Seagull73 said:
As Yorkie quite rightly says, so you keep saying. MM is a decent manager, yet you seem to disagree with DK's choice. Who's to say that you wouldn't disagree with his choice next time. And as before. Who?

Top of the list; Allen, Parkinson.

If not them; Simpson, Tilson, Wilson, Inglethorpe, Calderwood - are you quite sure none of them would be even slightly interested? Of course, we'd be a much more attractive prospect if we'd managed to stay up this year, but nonetheless ...

I give it about an hour before someone else says "Who can replace him - no-one's actually suggested anyone!" ...

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Sneaky George said:

More to the point, we are always going to struggle at this level until Falmer comes along, christ why is it people miss this point (I'm not suggesting you have SG, other people!)??

:angry: :angry:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Repugnant Toad said:

If not them; Simpson, Tilson, Wilson, Inglethorpe, Calderwood - are you quite sure none of them would be even slightly interested? Of course, we'd be a much more attractive prospect if we'd managed to stay up this year, but nonetheless ...

You really think after paying off McGhee we would have the money to pay compo for a manager under contract at another club....no chance

If we sack McGhee the only managers in contention would be those without work...so name some of those who you would like..... Stan Ternant, what pedigree has he got of getting clubs out of league one

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
You are so monotonous and boring. He is clearly saying that we are in a unique situation which is undeniable and that he is working under different circumstances to other managers. Did you see him claim to be perfect?

Personally I think it would be a big mistake to sack Mark McGhee if we go down and believe that Dick Knight realises that. Just because I support Mark McGhee does not mean I agree with everything he says/does. However you pick up on everythig he says/does even if it was right and never admit that he may have done well in the past or gets a decision right now.

Do you not realise how much time you spend going on about the same thing. Anti McGhee people claim that his supporters go on about the clubs problems eg. wages, ground etc but the anti crowd are equally boring. Why not support the team instead of moaning about everything?

But then your constant everything is fine attitude is as boring and it is not questioning things that has got us in this unique situation in the first place.

I do support the team, hence why I let frustration off on here, what is the point, except in unique circumstances of doing it at the game.

See you at Plymouth tomorrow?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Repugnant Toad said:

All of whom are attached to other clubs, although I'm sure that hadn't escaped your notice. You also might not have failed to notice that all the managers DK has employed have been unattached, reason being? Because we can't afford to pay compensation other clubs for their managers.

So, with that in mind, who is available and unattached?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Seagull73 said:
All of whom are attached to other clubs, although I'm sure that hadn't escaped your notice. You also might not have failed to notice that all the managers DK has employed have been unattached, reason being? Because we can't afford to pay compensation other clubs for their managers.

So, with that in mind, who is available and unattached?

Thats what i just said

:lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here