Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
brightonfan_86 said:
There is plenty of managers out there, who can do a job and keep us up in this division.

So everyone keeps telling the rest of us but we haven't seen a creditable option yet.

Repeating the same posts over and over again doesn't make a good debate. (that applies to both sides of the argument before I get bombarded with public inquiry, LDC and other 'excuses/reasons')

E

enigma

Trigger said:
League two here we come :rolleyes:

For fucks sake we're not gonna go down to League 2. :rolleyes: We're not Rotherham.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Finchley Seagull said:
You do speak some rubbish. So you do not think that players like Henderson, Reid, El Abd, Hinshelwood, Lynch, Hammond, Carole, Frutos, CKR etc are good enough for League 1.

I think they would struggle against alot of the more physical sides and would be outclassed but the top set. I've watched Huddersfield as well this season and they would tear us apart.

Only time will tell.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Goring Gull said:
I think they would struggle against alot of the more physical sides and would be outclassed but the top set. I've watched Huddersfield as well this season and they would tear us apart.

Only time will tell.

They must have improved greatly in the last two years then. Has Andy Booth finally lost some weight?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
brightonfan_86 said:
There is plenty of managers out there, who can do a job and keep us up in this division.

Rubbish, we can't get a striker as it appears nobody wants to come here who are these mystical managers or are you to wound up in Football Manager to realise how the real world works.

As I said the other day the club cannot afford for McGhee to be sacked (as in money) and if he left of his own accord they would just put Bob Booker in charge until the end of the season, very few manager would be interested in a team 5 points adrift in relegation position

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Finchley Seagull said:
You do speak some rubbish. So you do not think that players like Henderson, Reid, El Abd, Hinshelwood, Lynch, Hammond, Carole, Frutos, CKR etc are good enough for League 1.

He has offloaded, as you put it, three senior players. Knight was not pulling his weight, is not Championship quality and sulked when not picked. Despite there being no replacement, I am glad that he has gone. Kuipers has been sent out on loan because he is not as good as Henderson. McCammon has been criticised by all on here for not being good enough anyway.

Were you at the Norwich and Watford games because nobody at those games would claim that McGhee has lost the dressing room. It is complete rubbish. Rotherham and Gillingham have struggled this year because they changed manager, not because they kept faith with their manager.

Nice one Finch, you said what I thought (and not just about Goring Gull spouting rubbish !!)

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Yorkie said:
They must have improved greatly in the last two years then. Has Andy Booth finally lost some weight?

Not really he'd be top of my list for the boot up here though. Well past it.

Probably get lynched for syaing it though

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Goring Gull said:

Only time will tell.

I disagree. Even with the current team we certainly would not go down. I believe that it will be far easier to find a quality striker at League 1 level and our current strikers will score more goals. The midfield, defence and goalkeeper are already good enough to challenge.

History has also shown that there may be a brief turn around with a new manager, it does not necessarily improve your chances long term. Sticking by Mark McGhee will work in the long term!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:

He has offloaded, as you put it, three senior players. Knight was not pulling his weight, is not Championship quality and sulked when not picked. Despite there being no replacement, I am glad that he has gone. Kuipers has been sent out on loan because he is not as good as Henderson. McCammon has been criticised by all on here for not being good enough anyway.

Were you at the Norwich and Watford games because nobody at those games would claim that McGhee has lost the dressing room. It is complete rubbish. Rotherham and Gillingham have struggled this year because they changed manager, not because they kept faith with their manager.

Norwich, wasnt that 3-0?

Thats if said players are not sold as well

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Norwich, wasnt that 3-0?

Thats if said players are not sold as well

Were you not at Norwich because your response suggests not. We competed with them in the first half and despite going down to ten men (harshly) we were the better side in the second half. Only finally beaten by two breakaway goals. To me that showed the spirit of the team to fight against the odds so the result is irrelevant. But obviously being against Mark McGhee you think that he must be doing everything wrong.

To your second point. Despite everything put on here I cannot see us selling anybody unless we get a very good offer. Cannot see any that happening but even if it does there will only be one or two sold.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yep you can go on about showings, unlucky, ref (again) etc but the fact remains it was 3-0 to a team that had not won at home for seven games.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Finchley Seagull said:
Were you not at Norwich because your response suggests not. We competed with them in the first half and despite going down to ten men (harshly) we were the better side in the second half. Only finally beaten by two breakaway goals. To me that showed the spirit of the team to fight against the odds so the result is irrelevant. But obviously being against Mark McGhee you think that he must be doing everything wrong.

To your second point. Despite everything put on here I cannot see us selling anybody unless we get a very good offer. Cannot see any that happening but even if it does there will only be one or two sold.

Sorry didnt see second point.

The only players I can see getting any attention from other clubs are Hammond, Hinsh, Reid and Henderson

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyNormanBaker said:
Yep you can go on about showings, unlucky, ref (again) etc but the fact remains it was 3-0 to a team that had not won at home for seven games.

A team including Huckerby (cost £1 million), Earnshaw (£3 million) Johansson (on loan from Charlton - high wages), Green (England squad member last year), Safri and Doherty. On the bench they had players like McKenzie, Etuhu (who both cost more than our whole squad put together) and McVeigh.

It is a disgrace that Mark McGhee cannot get our expensively assembled squad to beat them. Clearly he should be sacked. Anyway you missed my point which was that there is no way McGhee has lost the dressing room judging by that performance and the Watford game.

E

enigma

KinkyNormanBaker said:
Sorry didnt see second point.

The only players I can see getting any attention from other clubs are Hammond, Hinsh, Reid and Henderson

I'd be surprised if people weren't interested in CKR, Frutos and Carole as well.

E

enigma

Finchley Seagull said:
A team including Huckerby (cost £1 million), Earnshaw (£3 million) Johansson (on loan from Charlton - high wages), Green (England squad member last year), Safri and Doherty. On the bench they had players like McKenzie, Etuhu (who both cost more than our whole squad put together) and McVeigh.

It is a disgrace that Mark McGhee cannot get our expensively assembled squad to beat them. Clearly he should be sacked. Anyway you missed my point which was that there is no way McGhee has lost the dressing room judging by that performance and the Watford game.

:clap:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So I have a choice of backing richie, uncle buck, kev the ape and kinky

or

McGhee, Booker and DK

I might need to give this some thought :glare:

Last edited:

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
"I realise without him i'd be supporting Palace or Pompey as the albion wouldn't exist".

Even of the Albion did not exist, I could NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER support Palace.

I'd rather castrate myself with a blunt, rusty penknife.

:shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself :shootself

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
So everyone keeps telling the rest of us but we haven't seen a creditable option yet.

You have though, over and over again - it's just easier to keep trotting out the same old tired lines.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here