Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Goring Gull said:
I realise without him i'd be supporting Palace or Pompey ;)

You're winking but i sense you mean it

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Some days, i go to work, sit and talk to other people who are partially interested in my inane comments and offer ill-held emotional advice to people on a football website. At times, i go to the toilet and do a poo that i'm too embarassed to reveal to others. They smell it and feel a bit sick and i pretend i saw someone fat walk away from the offensive spot smiling in anal victory. I answer the phone if i recognise the number, but worry if its hidden or disguised so remain silent. In my head, i don't always trust everyone else here and i never make a round of teas or coffees, which is cheap and sly.
If i was my own manager, i'd sack me or make myself wear a shame-fuelled hat.

Meade's_Ball said:
Some days, i go to work, sit and talk to other people who are partially interested in my inane comments and offer ill-held emotional advice to people on a football website. At times, i go to the toilet and do a poo that i'm too embarassed to reveal to others. They smell it and feel a bit sick and i pretend i saw someone fat walk away from the offensive spot smiling in anal victory. I answer the phone if i recognise the number, but worry if its hidden or disguised so remain silent. In my head, i don't always trust everyone else here and i never make a round of teas or coffees, which is cheap and sly.

Meade's Ball is magic,
He wear's a shame fuelled hat.
And when he goes for a dump,
He says a fat bloke did that!

:clap2: :clap2:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'am tending to agree with the people who say that DK goes missing when times are hard.

He loves the glory of standing in the centre circle he should have to do the hard bits too.

I just feel it would not hurt for him to have a fans forum or even go on Harty's phone in...... he should be explaining why we haven't signed a striker..not MM

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Meade's_Ball said:

:clap2: :clap2: Its so good to have you back in full working order ! Can I suggest that you now flog the bike and go by car ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So you want him to stand revelling in the centre circle when things aren't going well? To what end?

You say he goes missing, I say he puts in that extra time doing things you don't see or hear him doing. Do you want him to come out and say 'look, really, I've been working very hard. No, honest...'

The club has explained why it hasn't signed a striker - it's just that you appear to have a problem believing it. So what does the club do then - go on a PR campaign until you are convinced?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The chairman making a statement when things are going wrong usually means 'the dreaded vote of confidence'

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
If he gets sacked then I think it's a f***ing disgrace. At the start of the season we were favourites to go down, at the start of last season we were favourites to go down. McGhee managed to keep us up with the shit resources we have at this club last year, we should be expecting to go down. I honestly don't think any other manager could've done any better than McGhee has at this club.

So, we go down, we sack McGhee, bring in some unknown new guy - I don't really think that's going to solve anything. At least we know where we are with McGhee and we know he has been successful at that level in the past.

People seem to think that just because this is the club they support that it should be successful, unconditionally. Well take a look around, we haven't got any money to spend on players, we're playing at a shit athletics track stadium, we're forced to sell our best players and we don't even know if Falmer will ever happen.

If we do go down then McGhee deserves at least a chance of getting us out of there - I think sacking him now, or at the end of the season would be extremely premature. I honestly believe, although I know many of you won't, that McGhee is still the man for this job and I'm 100% behind him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But with this squad we COULD have stayed up.

Look at Plymouth..we SPANKED them earlier in the season, completely outplayed them and could have won 7v0.

They are going to stay up comfortably while we finish a likely bottom.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
blueandwhitearmy said:
If he gets sacked then I think it's a f***ing disgrace. At the start of the season we were favourites to go down, at the start of last season we were favourites to go down. McGhee managed to keep us up with the shit resources we have at this club last year, we should be expecting to go down. I honestly don't think any other manager could've done any better than McGhee has at this club.

The problem was we should have been comfortably mid table last season but McGhee let the rot set in after some cracking results namely the 2-1 victory at Sheffield United and only by good fortune i feel did we manage to stay up, DK should have acted when things started to go wrong then instead it's been allowed to carry on this season un abaited.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The Large One said:
So you want him to stand revelling in the centre circle when things aren't going well? To what end?

You say he goes missing, I say he puts in that extra time doing things you don't see or hear him doing. Do you want him to come out and say 'look, really, I've been working very hard. No, honest...'

The club has explained why it hasn't signed a striker - it's just that you appear to have a problem believing it. So what does the club do then - go on a PR campaign until you are convinced?

No there are alot of unanswered questions about money, the LDC appeal and all i'm saying in you only see and hear from Dick when he has good news.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The other interesting aspect of the McGhee saga is...with all this talk of loyalty, would he do the same if another offer came in?

That's less likely now given the results, but still possible. And he's well pissed off with everything from the finances, the facilities at both the ground and training, player rows, a moaning crowd, results..if another offer came in would he go? I think he would, and I wouldn't entirely blame him.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tooting Gull said:
The other interesting aspect of the McGhee saga is...with all this talk of loyalty, would he do the same if another offer came in?

That's less likely now given the results, but still possible. And he's well pissed off with everything from the finances, the facilities at both the ground and training, player rows, a moaning crowd, results..if another offer came in would he go? I think he would, and I wouldn't entirely blame him.

Well if he reads NSC then I wouldn't blame him. However, NSC is not the voice of Brighton and Hove Albion as has been said so often before.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
blockhseagull said:
No there are alot of unanswered questions about money, the LDC appeal and all i'm saying in you only see and hear from Dick when he has good news.

That isn't true. I went to two forums last year.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Yorkie said:
That isn't true. I went to two forums last year.

But hasn't been anything since the appeal was announced... i'm just saying as he says we are the lifeblood of the club if people are wanting answers maybe they should get them

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
" Those are the sort of statistics which usually have fans calling for the manager's head but the Withdean faithful have demonstrated an understanding of the difficulties McGhee faces.

The only opposition so far has come from a vocal minority on radio phone-ins and website chatrooms. "

What a load of shit. What did he do, go round and ask every fan at the Withdean if they wanted McGhee in or out and ask whether they useNSC or ring the phone in? :shootself

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
blockhseagull said:
But hasn't been anything since the appeal was announced... i'm just saying as he says we are the lifeblood of the club if people are wanting answers maybe they should get them

Do you mean the LDC appeal? That is between LDC and the Government. The club cannot do anything except to defend ourselves because we have been named as defendants. There is nothing to answer that hasn't already been covered in previous forums/public inquiry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here