Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Repugnant Toad said:
Top of the list; Allen, Parkinson.

If not them; Simpson, Tilson, Wilson, Inglethorpe, Calderwood - are you quite sure none of them would be even slightly interested? Of course, we'd be a much more attractive prospect if we'd managed to stay up this year, but nonetheless ...

I give it about an hour before someone else says "Who can replace him - no-one's actually suggested anyone!" ...

Funnily enough, I have answered your post on this before and rubbished all of those choices. Frankly, I cannot believe that somebody who wants McGhee out would choose Wilson who is doing worst in an easier job as MK Dons are more able to compete in League 1 than us in the Championship.

As for the others they are all in jobs and doing well. Not only would they cost us but I cannot see most of them wanting to join Brighton. Of your suggestions only Inglethorpe might come and he only has experience of managing in The Conference.

Last edited:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Isn't Terry Butcher manager of Motherwell. Why would he quit them for us and how could we afford the compensation.

As for Ian Holloway, from what I have heard he has lost the QPR fans and been dismissed for the same reason as the anti McGhee crowd use against him.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Finchley Seagull said:
Isn't Terry Butcher manager of Motherwell. Why would he quit them for us and how could we afford the compensation.

As for Ian Holloway, from what I have heard he has lost the QPR fans and been dismissed for the same reason as the anti McGhee crowd use against him.

I would bring him in just to hear Hawseys after match interviews with him

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
So are you going to Plymouth?

I am not going to lie so no I am not going to Plymouth as I cannot afford to. I am going to all but one of the remaining games after Plymouth and will have been to almost 40 Albion games this season though.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
OK.

Well I am sure others will support the team there.

What is your point. I am missing a game. I have never criticised people for missing a game but I do criticise people for having a go at the team performance when they were not at the game. You are obviously running out of arguments!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
What is your point. I am missing a game. I have never criticised people for missing a game but I do criticise people for having a go at the team performance when they were not at the game. You are obviously running out of arguments!

Nope.

You told me to get behind the team, I am doing that by going, are you?

As I have said, it is better for criticism to be levied on here, rather than during the game, but people do not seem to be able to cope with opinions, so go for swipes, so if you can't beat them...

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Nope.

You told me to get behind the team, I am doing that by going, are you?

As I have said, it is better for criticism to be levied on here, rather than during the game, but people do not seem to be able to cope with opinions, so go for swipes, so if you can't beat them...

I do not have a swipe at you for not going to games. All I get irritated about is your inability to admit (and you are not the only one) that Mark McGhee has a difficult job and maybe not all his decisions are bad.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
I do not have a swipe at you for not going to games. All I get irritated about is your inability to admit (and you are not the only one) that Mark McGhee has a difficult job and maybe not all his decisions are bad.

Well I think he is doing a bad job and your inability to on board that people might think differently to you is equally frustrating, but unlike you and a few others, I do try try to avoid attacks, but sometimes it is too easy.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
No points in february, if march follows suit, Mcghee may record albions worst run of form in the clubs history, do you honestly think he should stay on next season if that is the case?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Uncle Buck said:
Well I think he is doing a bad job and your inability to on board that people might think differently to you is equally frustrating, but unlike you and a few others, I do try try to avoid attacks, but sometimes it is too easy.

Funnily enough I do not tend to personally attack people and I accept that others might think differently. I also disagree with McGhee's decisions sometimes. However, making mistakes is human not a sackable offence in my book.

If you want to start getting personal then fine. I was honest about going tomorrow when I could have lied because what is the point in that.

The problem I have with this board is the people who will not accept our situation. The people who type 'blah blah blah' as a post when you argue that our circumstances are a factor in our league position. That is not an argument, it is pointless.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Black Country Seagull said:
No points in february, if march follows suit, Mcghee may record albions worst run of form in the clubs history, do you honestly think he should stay on next season if that is the case?

Yes as I have yet to see someone who under these circumstances would do a better job and is available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here