Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark McGhee expects to keep his job if we go down

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Finchley Seagull said:
Funnily enough I do not tend to personally attack people and I accept that others might think differently. I also disagree with McGhee's decisions sometimes. However, making mistakes is human not a sackable offence in my book.

If you want to start getting personal then fine. I was honest about going tomorrow when I could have lied because what is the point in that.

The problem I have with this board is the people who will not accept our situation. The people who type 'blah blah blah' as a post when you argue that our circumstances are a factor in our league position. That is not an argument, it is pointless.

But this is the thing, the squad in September had enough about it to hold its place in this league, but due to tactics and other factors from the top we are in a downward spiral and that is down to McGhee.

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
Finchley Seagull said:
Yes as I have yet to see someone who under these circumstances would do a better job and is available.

Statistically even though he would be albions worst manager, he should still keep his job?

So if that is based on the resources arguement, surely hinslewood should feel hard done by when he was sacked, especially as Mcghee has had more money than he did.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
Stan Ternant.

Yeah i see he has been suggested but he did well at Burnley when they had money.... when it dried up and had to work with a limited squad he struggled.

Wouldn't think he would do any better than McGhee under these circumstances

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Yeah i see he has been suggested but he did well at Burnley when they had money.... when it dried up and had to work with a limited squad he struggled.

Wouldn't think he would do any better than McGhee under these circumstances

Not sure they had any money to speak of.

He did well to keep them up and like Coppell with us, last season at Gillingham if he had come in 5 games earlier he may well have kept them up.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
Not sure they had any money to speak of.

He did well to keep them up and like Coppell with us, last season at Gillingham if he had come in 5 games earlier he may well have kept them up.

He had big money to spend at Burnley..he spent over 1mill on Ian Moore and also paid big wages to Ian Wright and Gazza when they were doing well.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
He had big money to spend at Burnley..he spent over 1mill on Ian Moore and also paid big wages to Ian Wright and Gazza when they were doing well.

The Moore money was during the ITV Digital bubble and on Gazza and Wright they were shot term contracts.

I would say he has worked with limited squads and got the best out them, something that is not happening with us at present.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
The Moore money was during the ITV Digital bubble and on Gazza and Wright they were shot term contracts.

I would say he has worked with limited squads and got the best out them, something that is not happening with us at present.

No when the TV money dried up thats when he had to cut the squad size and that was when he began to struggle and eventually Burnley got rid

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
Burnley went up automatically and he kept them up in his 2 or 3 seasons at this level, so not much of a muchness.

Yeah but what i'm saying is he took them up when they had money...and the first season they stayed up they had cash to spend also....he didn't do as well on a limited budget as alot of people think.

When the cash dried up he struggled...and they still had more money than we have now

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
Yeah but what i'm saying is he took them up when they had money...and the first season they stayed up they had cash to spend also....he didn't do as well on a limited budget as alot of people think.

When the cash dried up he struggled...and they still had more money than we have now

But he still did not take them down, ran out of ideas a bit, but then at least he had some ideas to start with.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I'm not saying he is shit.... but hardly a miricle worker and not a wonder manager on limited funds

He is out of work and has been for a while now....that tends to tell you something maybe ?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
But he still did not take them down, ran out of ideas a bit, but then at least he had some ideas to start with.

Neither has McGhee as of yet.

I'm just saying there is no proof he will do that much better than McGhee...if better at all

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
blockhseagull said:
I'm not saying he is shit.... but hardly a miricle worker and not a wonder manager on limited funds

He is out of work and has been for a while now....that tends to tell you something maybe ?

So getting Gillingham, who had a pants squad last season to the last game with a chance of staying up is not a good effort.

He has been out of work since May, that is hardly a while.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Uncle Buck said:
So getting Gillingham, who had a pants squad last season to the last game with a chance of staying up is not a good effort.

He has been out of work since May, that is hardly a while.

But Gillingham spent money also did they not ?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
blockhseagull said:
Neither has McGhee as of yet.

I'm just saying there is no proof he will do that much better than McGhee...if better at all

There isnt going to be any proof he could do better is there, due to the fact He would not have had the same squad etc as mcghee has had this year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here