Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Oiii, I made that up. I hope to be singing that come August :)

K Lua Lua
A Brighton Superstar
Runs faster than a car
K Lua Lua

Is better IMHO

I know someone made it up but it stuck in my head!! If we're singing it in August then I honestly believe promotion could beckon

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
1.2m is alot of money for a relatively unproven player (at Championship level). Especially given his injury record and his contract expiring in less than a year. I know his pace is frightening but it doesn't take many hamstring injuries to scupper that. I wouldn't want to pay any more than about 500k up front with some add-ons based on games played ect.

Just not gonna get the player for that. What 'injury record' anyway? He went for a ball to retrieve and got a break - that doesn't make him injury prone, and he has the out-season to get back on track totally.
We know we want him, and he wants to play for us - open arms, pay what they want and realize what that means.
Why should GP be working with a 'difficult personality' again like murray, when there is a lad like KLL willing to put himself out to be here and get along with everyone? We know his skills - even if he is still learning, he's something special - and a player like that can keep other lads happy to be among talent that will take us up the league.
Where we want to be. Kazenga gets us all a little emotional doesn't he?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Anyone saying he is not worth it is talking nonsense IMHO. His pure pace makes him a danger for any defender, however good they are and 1.2mill is a good investment for the future as this lad is going to be special (especially under the guidance of Gus).

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Probably didn't make it clear... that was the line up I was referring to against weaker opposition at home. Realistically, against stronger opposition, I think it will be more like this with the current crop of players...

[CENTRE]Ankergren

Calderon Greer El Abd Painter

Buckley Bridcutt Dicker Lua Lua

Barnes Hoskins[/CENTRE]

...with Noone coming on in the last 30 mins if we need a goal/change of emphasis OR a defensive minded midfielder (currently Navarro) coming on in place of one of the wingers/strikers in order to sit back slightly. Kind of highlights we still need to replace Kishishev for more defensive options.

Anyone know if Buckley is any good defensively like Bennett is? Otherwise we may be very exposed down the right when Calderon bombs forward.

Can't help but think you're getting a bit carried away with yourself. Just who are you referring to when you say 'weak opposition at home ' ?

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
Can't help but think you're getting a bit carried away with yourself. Just who are you referring to when you say 'weak opposition at home ' ?

Doncaster, Derby, Barnsley, Peterborough, Palace... maybe weak was the wrong word to use, but when we need a win we have the players at our disposal to go & get it. I think it speaks volumes when I try to name a line-up and have to try to tone down just how attacking it is... I think we are going to be seeing a lot of goals next season!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
guess my point is a ball has not been kicked in anger yet, and it's a bit big-headed to be referring to these sides as 'weak'.

I think you'll find I said "weaker". There are always weaker & stronger teams in a division, they are some of the weaker ones in my opinion. I am yet to decide whether we fall into the stronger section or somewhere in the middle (depends on signings). Anyway, I'm sure you get my point. I think we have every right to be confident enough to go out & attack those teams.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I do worry if £1.2m is too much and then I realise he is 19 and has scored frequently some of the best goals I've seen in my life. He is also f***ing stupidly quick and skillful.

This makes me think £1.2m would be a BARGAIN.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
I do worry if £1.2m is too much and then I realise he is 19 and has scored frequently some of the best goals I've seen in my life. He is also f***ing stupidly quick and skillful.

This makes me think £1.2m would be a BARGAIN.

I was expecting closer to £800k BUT if £1.2m is the magic number, lets do it!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Just not gonna get the player for that. What 'injury record' anyway? He went for a ball to retrieve and got a break - that doesn't make him injury prone, and he has the out-season to get back on track totally.
We know we want him, and he wants to play for us - open arms, pay what they want and realize what that means.
Why should GP be working with a 'difficult personality' again like murray, when there is a lad like KLL willing to put himself out to be here and get along with everyone? We know his skills - even if he is still learning, he's something special - and a player like that can keep other lads happy to be among talent that will take us up the league.
Where we want to be. Kazenga gets us all a little emotional doesn't he?

He's missed games due to a couple of hamstring injuries whilst playing for us (hence the reason we using him somewhat spairingly at times). He went back to Newcastle after getting a hamstring injury the season before last. I fully accept that the break is a one off. I'm not sure what the difficult personality has got to do with anything to be honest. I'm not disputing he's got a good attitude. I'm not disputing that he is an excitinging footballer. I just feel the price is somewhat inflated.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What 'injury record' anyway?

There was something he was prone to, think it was muscle tightness, maybe in his hamstring. certainly was teh case in his first spell with us, which is why he would play a game, then be rested, then play a game etc, but the reports were that he came back stronger in his second spell. Truth is, he's young and fast, with a body that's still growing and developing, so there will be the odd muscle injury until he properly strengthens up.

For my money, he looked far stronger last season than in his first spell. £1.2m would be money well spent says I.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Lansbury at Norwich last season created a good advert for young English* players in the Championship. The level of the Championship provides a good step up for the talented kids so I'm hoping this comes off.
Come home KLL.

* Presumably KLL could now play for England.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Sung in the style of the C. Ronaldo....He plays on the left.....!

He plays on the left...
He plays on the riiiiiiiiiight.
That boy Kazenga, made your team look shite!! (Repeats)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here