Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My only concern is that a burly defender will have no qualms in breaking KLL's leg after he has been skinned half a dozen times. .

I think that he will get hacked a lot sooner than having skinned a defender 6 times. After the first time he will be a marked man and the hatchet men will target him unfortunately. I remember talking to Ron Harris near the end of his carreer and he told me how he knew he was getting older as the only way he could stop wingers running past him was to bring them down and slow them down.

Most of the old pros can do it without it looking bad so they dont get booked or sent off.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
This is has just brightened up no end what has been a CRAP day at work!

if we get him, with buckley and Nooney....OH MY GOD!!!!

:clap::amex:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think that he will get hacked a lot sooner than having skinned a defender 6 times. After the first time he will be a marked man and the hatchet men will target him unfortunately. I remember talking to Ron Harris near the end of his carreer and he told me how he knew he was getting older as the only way he could stop wingers running past him was to bring them down and slow them down.

Most of the old pros can do it without it looking bad so they dont get booked or sent off.

In today's game Chopper would be given a lifetime ban before we got to Christmas.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Thankfully the game has moved on a lot since then

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the old pros are still capable of hacking him down with out it looking to obvious. Remember watching Sammy Morgan stand on a blokes ankle as he he held his hand out to help him up after he went over.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I think it's also worth mentioning that there are plenty of excellent wingers in The Championship. Lua Lua has done very well for you, but didn't pull up any trees for Doncaster. Of course he's improved since then but he's still not proven at this level.

There are some very good and fast full backs in the division who won't find Lua Lua a huge problem, Nathaniel Clyne being 1 of them.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
I think it's also worth mentioning that there are plenty of excellent wingers in The Championship. Lua Lua has done very well for you, but didn't pull up any trees for Doncaster. Of course he's improved since then but he's still not proven at this level.

There are some very good and fast full backs in the division who won't find Lua Lua a huge problem, Nathaniel Clyne being 1 of them.

The thing is being fast won't be good enough to deal with Kaz. He is a different kind of fast.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Quite enjoy BensGrandads reasoning for not wanting him to sign: he might get hacked. Of course he might get hacked - because he's bloody good! You wouldn't say no to Ronaldo because he might get hacked would you?!?!

The only reason NOT to sign him is if blowing £1.2m on him means we miss out on a really good striker, a Simon Cox type

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
The guy is joining and thats that. Newcasrle have already got Ben-Arfa on the left wing and now they're trying to sign N'Zogbia. Dosen't take a rocket scientist to work out where that leaves Kazenga Lualua.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Quite enjoy BensGrandads reasoning for not wanting him to sign: he might get hacked. Of course he might get hacked - because he's bloody good! You wouldn't say no to Ronaldo because he might get hacked would you?!?!

The difference being that Ronaldo also has the skill and experience to get away from hackers does Kazenga? Dont get me wrong I love to see him play as he excites me more than any other player that we could sign but I do think that unless we have an abundance of money for transfers, signing him could jeopadise us signing an established striker which I consider to be more essential. Which is what you have said in your last sentence.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Heard also that he really doesn't want to leave, sounds like the fee has been agreed but EB is not convinced

I'll cast your mind back to January when we were raping the league, already Champions elect, and he was going at an assist a game, with the ink still drying on his bumper new contract at a club on the up with a new stadium less than 200 days away. He handed in a transfer request when Norwich, a club at the time with no guarantee of promotion came calling. Not a second's hesitation.

Now, they are in the Prem and want to spend seven figures on him. He clearly won't be a bench warmer, for a fee that big at the highest level of English football, he'll be playing. With, and against, the best. And you think now he isn't convinced?

I love EB and an attacking quartet of Kaz, Buckley, EB & Nooney to choose from from game to game would make my knickers fizzy. But face facts, EB would be MENTAL to turn Norwich down now. Double/triple wages and a GUARANTEE of playing in the top flight. He'll be gone by the end of next week, have no doubt about that*.

*DISCLAIMER: If he stays and proclaims his love for Brighton I will happily be proved wrong, more than happily in fact. But I'd be staggered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here