Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
No chance of 'A'... Gus signed Noone & was quoted saying at the same time that he still wants Lua Lua. They are both in his plans. I am under the impression that Buckley will be mainly used as a winger, or part of a front 3 so there is only room for 2 of Lua Lua, Noone & Buckley in the starting line-up without one of them dropping in to the behind the striker role, which we may do when we are playing weaker opponents at home.

Ankergren

Calderon Greer El Abd Painter

Bridcutt Dicker

Buckley

Noone Hoskins Lua Lua

Shaping up nicely with what we've got so far (assuming we sign KLL & not taking injuries into account). The fact that Barnes, Elphick, Sparrow & Navarro don't make the team & we are yet to sign a new striker (I'm expecting 2) and a centre back, means our bench is going to be VERY strong.

Certainly an attacking line up. I'd rather see only 2 of Noone, KLL & Buckley starting (if KLL signs), and a more robust midfielder to join Bridcutt and Dicker winning the ball back. With that attacking 4 you've shown, we may score a lot....but so will the other team!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Certainly an attacking line up. I'd rather see only 2 of Noone, KLL & Buckley starting (if KLL signs), and a more robust midfielder to join Bridcutt and Dicker winning the ball back. With that attacking 4 you've shown, we may score a lot....but so will the other team!

It'll be like Peterboro this season, scoring shed loads and leaking shed loads

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

Probably didn't make it clear... that was the line up I was referring to against weaker opposition at home. Realistically, against stronger opposition, I think it will be more like this with the current crop of players...

[CENTRE]Ankergren

Calderon Greer El Abd Painter

Buckley Bridcutt Dicker Lua Lua

Barnes Hoskins[/CENTRE]

...with Noone coming on in the last 30 mins if we need a goal/change of emphasis OR a defensive minded midfielder (currently Navarro) coming on in place of one of the wingers/strikers in order to sit back slightly. Kind of highlights we still need to replace Kishishev for more defensive options.

Anyone know if Buckley is any good defensively like Bennett is? Otherwise we may be very exposed down the right when Calderon bombs forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Given the choice I would sooner see Buckley on the right, based on his reputation, and Noone on the left as I think that he a little lsower than Lua Lua but his delivery and contribution to the game is better and then sign another proven front line striker to partner Hoskins. My brother and I argue about Noone I rate him highly he thinks Noone is best as an impact sub for the last 20 mins or so but not good enough to start.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone know if Buckley is any good defensively like Bennett is? Otherwise we may be very exposed down the right when Calderon bombs forward.

I quote, one of our visiting Watford fans:

"oh, and don't expect him to defend..."

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
1.2m is alot of money for a relatively unproven player (at Championship level). Especially given his injury record and his contract expiring in less than a year. I know his pace is frightening but it doesn't take many hamstring injuries to scupper that. I wouldn't want to pay any more than about 500k up front with some add-ons based on games played ect.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Given the choice I would sooner see Buckley on the right, by reputation, and Noone on the left as I think that he a little lsower than Lua Lua but his delivery and contribution to the game is better and then sign another proven front line striker to partner Hoskins.

You are insane BG. KLL can win any game single-handed. He's that quick, and that good. Noone is good player too, and it would be great to have options, but please stop droning on about your percieved limitations of KLL. Its boring.

What have you got against him anyway?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Is this all really happening! I can't quite get my head around seeing newspaper links and Internet links to 'Brighton bid £1.2m for Lua Lua' ! It just doesn't seem real ??

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
FFS,why are people worrying about the money??.Is it yours?.We have the funds from Bennett sale and Naming rights and 1901 and season ticket sales and Executive boxes ect ect.....Just bloody hope it happens.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
K Lua Lua
He's faster than a car
A Brighton superstar
K Lua Lua

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are insane BG. KLL can win any game single-handed. He's that quick, and that good. Noone is good player too, and it would be great to have options, but please stop droning on about your percieved limitations of KLL. Its boring.

What have you got against him anyway?

I have nothing whatsoever against KLL and am as thrilled and excited as anybody else when he comes on and roasts defenders but I am not so sure that some of the older Championships defenders will allow him to go past them more than once and will hack him to death similar to Hartlepool, and thus result in him spending quite a time on the treatment table. I think that at times he is too quick for his own good if that is possible I believe that Gus will improve his delivery and general all round play.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
FFS,why are people worrying about the money??.Is it yours?.We have the funds from Bennett sale and Naming rights and 1901 and season ticket sales and Executive boxes ect ect.....Just bloody hope it happens.
exactly right and he won't be the last piece of the jigsaw either

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am due at a meeting in 20 minutes, but I can get my hard on to go down when we speak about all these wingers, pace and money....KKL, Buckley, Noone....Stop it people stop it right now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Would love to see Lua Lua here.

Not convinced worth over a million with his injury history. Lets not forget his hamstrings needed constant nursing when here.

If we have money to burn then hell lets do

Element of risk involved here though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here