Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lua lua

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Really hope this happens. Just watching him play justifies the cost of a season ticket. I wonder if £1.2m is the opening bid and how high we would go - £1.5m to bag him?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Agreed, was going to post something similar. Having options is the key here, players get injured, lose form and get tired during a season and Gus will want decent cover for when that happens.

Also don't forget Jamie Smith. If he starts the season like he did last year I think he'll have a part to play, even if it's on another 6 month contract.

Good shout re Jamie Smith who I hope will be given the opportunity to to prove himself. The midfield unit looks formidable even without the addition of KLL with Dicker, Navarro, Sparrow providing the muscle and some craft joined by the flair of Buckley, Noone, Smith and not forgetting Jake Caskey-Forster.

Just hope we start recruiting centre and full backs and the final striker soon.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Good stuff. The Sun is meant to be quite reliable when it comes to these kind of stories isn't it?

Absolutely. They'll guess/share 100 transfer gossip stories, and without fail every time 1 of them will turn out to be right.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm not sure we'd spend £1.2 million on KLL for him to be an impact sub.

I'd expect it to be Buckley on the right and KLL on the left, to provide crosses for Hoskins and A.N. Other.
If he feels KLL is worth bringing in, then I'd expect Gus to either a) take the view that Noone isn't good enough at this level to start regularly or b) seriously consider Buckley as a potential striker (he has operated there before) who can switch to playing winger when Gus wants to change the formation of the side for tactical reasons.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If he feels KLL is worth bringing in, then I'd expect Gus to either a) take the view that Noone isn't good enough at this level to start regularly or b) seriously consider Buckley as a potential striker (he has operated there before) who can switch to playing winger when Gus wants to change the formation of the side for tactical reasons.

An element of b) but I'd add in c) competition for places and cover for injuries and d) getting special players when they're available before someone else does

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London

Given our position when we signed him, I cannot imagine Gus has the view that Noone can't cut it at Championship level. Very much (b) I'd imagine, but also for cover as well as tactical...

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Really hope this happens. Just watching him play justifies the cost of a season ticket. I wonder if £1.2m is the opening bid and how high we would go - £1.5m to bag him?

That's exactly how I thought it out,
We get turned down and go back with £1.4 and the deals done

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would hope that we do not spend that amount of money on Kazenga Lua Lua as I think it could be better spent on other players unless of course he can persuade his brother Lomana to also join us. I do not believe that he offers that much more than Noone except a bit faster but his delivery isnt as good.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
It is a lot of money, but its an investment in a 19 year old man, with Kaz's blistering pace, i reckon we could sell him easily for 1 million any day, though probably with improvement a lot more.

He scores spectacular goals [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION]

Lua Lua to F**king Norwich in 1 year anybody

Sorry I just have to
don%27t+buy+the+sun.gif

To late got mine.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I would hope that we do not spend that amount of money on Kazenga Lua Lua as I think it could be better spent on other players unless of course he can persuade his brother Lomana to also join us.

KLL is the most exciting raw talent seen at this club this side of Bobby Zamora. If it takes that kind of money to get him here, if that money is available and if he wants to come, we would be MAD not to get him.

Where is Lomana these days, anyway?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee make it happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton

No chance of 'A'... Gus signed Noone & was quoted saying at the same time that he still wants Lua Lua. They are both in his plans. I am under the impression that Buckley will be mainly used as a winger, or part of a front 3 so there is only room for 2 of Lua Lua, Noone & Buckley in the starting line-up without one of them dropping in to the behind the striker role, which we may do when we are playing weaker opponents at home.

Ankergren

Calderon Greer El Abd Painter

Bridcutt Dicker

Buckley

Noone Hoskins Lua Lua

Shaping up nicely with what we've got so far (assuming we sign KLL & not taking injuries into account). The fact that Barnes, Elphick, Sparrow & Navarro don't make the team & we are yet to sign a new striker (I'm expecting 2) and a centre back, means our bench is going to be VERY strong.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Shaping up nicely with what we've got so far (assuming we sign KLL & not taking injuries into account). The fact that Barnes, Elphick, Sparrow & Navarro don't make the team & we are yet to sign a new striker (I'm expecting 2) and a centre back, means our bench is going to be VERY strong.

Dare I say it - one to challenge for promotion next year!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy has also wisely used this in the same context. I think it's down to NSC to find a smiley.

Indeed, there are times when :drool: just doesn't quite do it justice. The excitement is far more genital than that.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
KLL is the most exciting raw talent seen at this club this side of Bobby Zamora. If it takes that kind of money to get him here, if that money is available and if he wants to come, we would be MAD not to get him.

Where is Lomana these days, anyway?

KLL is an exciting raw talent but I think that he is a bit of luxury who looks good in the side when we look good but not sure how he would fare in a wet wnter game against Championship defenders who want to kick the s..t out of anything that moves. Monano is in Greece but is experienced and is on;ly 31 yerars old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here