Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for job

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have you had a look on the Albion sponsor's site?

Brighton and Hove Jobs

There's a whole load of seats being installed at the Amex even as we speak. I dare say there will be some new bars, restaurants and hospitality suites opening to go with them. I'm sure Azure will be recruiting for people to work in them sometime soon. Good luck!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Really good to see so many people offering encouragement and advice....well 95% of posters anyway.

Fingers crossed for you Mark, look forward to hearing about it when you find somewhere :thumbsup:

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I've replied to your email, [MENTION=15895]brightonmark1234[/MENTION] - I can only echo what Stumpy Tim said, you have a very promising CV and you have certainly demonstrated a stronger desire to return to work than a lot of people have. By administering a final tweak to your CV, to make it relevant to each individual role that you are applying for, I'm very confident that we can get you that job, and before too long!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Step 1) Have a think what you'd like to do.......for example, carpenter, plumber, retail or whatever......
Step 2) check colleges for suitable evening courses for adult education concerning chosen career in step 1.
Step 3) contact as many companies as possible stating your desire to learn trade, or profession and state your intentions to go to evening college to further your knowledge, then most importantly, offer your services free of charge for one month to get your foot in the door and prove to the company your worth taking a chance with

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Make sure your tailor your CV to whchever job you are applying for. Be specific as it is a complete waste of time to merely copy and paste the "I can do that" to every part of the person spec. More important is how could you do that, and have you done it elsewhere. That is where the experience comes in, so stress that even during periods out of work you have done something relevant and positive (volunteering there, helping out here - it doesn't have to have been in paid previous employment)

Most employers are looking for your potential and how you add value to what they are doing

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Well done for having the courage to come on here and ask. I really wish you all the best in finding something.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
hi can anyone help me with interview techniques because i get nervous

It's completely natural to feel nervous. First impressions are everything (handshakes, eye contact, attire, smile), and as long as you can answer the questions truthfully and concisely, you shouldn't have any trouble. Just relax and take a deep breath before each question.

I doubt any company will be out to trick you, so you could try anticipating the questions in advance, but make sure you don't waffle. Impress them by doing a bit of research on the company to make them know you are committed to the job.

Oh and good luck, wherever the interview is :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

When they ask you 'What would you say are your weak points?' (they always ask that because most interviewers are none too bright and they just read it somewhere that they should asking that fairly rubbish question) just say 'Well I'm not very good at interviews because I get nervous'. They have no answer to that one. And they can't mark you down for it.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Touching thread and it's great to see people helping others.

Mark be positive and try to answer all questions the interviewer asks. Look him in the eye and keep a smile on your face. Sit upright also. Just be yourself mate. You are expected to be nervous but as long as you show willingness and remain calm that's all you can do.

Bald Seagull

Sep 24, 2008

Brightonmark...I work in the City Jobs shop mentioned earlier in the thread, drop in any time and we can also help you with interview techniques, refer you to courses that might interest you, provide you with some jobsearch sites and tips etc...sounds like you've already had some great CV advice so that base has been covered!

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Best of luck bud.

As far as interviews go try to be enthusiastic about whatever job you end up going for, even if you have to fake it slightly. But as I said in a previous post make sure you smile and maintain eye contact. If you are apllying for a customer facing jobs you need to show that you are personable and these two things are key (but also fairly easy to do during an interview).

Sure you'll be fine!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
To be honest, Mark's CV just needed rewording and formatting. There's plenty there that shows enthusiasm and initiative, but he didn't know how to get that across. I was surprised at what Mark has done to find work. If I was a local employer looking for a customer-facing person I would certainly interview the guy based on what he's done.

Best of luck Mark

Agree, Its all there just needs a bit more work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here