Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for job

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
My son tried to get part-time work when he started at 6th form college and with no work experience, couldn't get any of the employers to give an interview. So he went and worked every saturday in a charity shop for 6 months. He updated his cv with the charity shop experience, got a glowing reference and then got interviewed and got a job with his first application. He got the job, enjoyed working at the charity shop (still pops in when he has a couple of free hrs), and the charity benefited - everyone is a winner :thumbsup:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Just got a warm glow from seeing what good people there are on NSC. I'll remember this thread next time I'm facepalming at some mindless negativity or misogyny.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Good luck Mark and good on you for having the sense to come on here and seek advice. Being able to ask for help is a key attribute that many people underestimate and surprisingly cannot do, so you’re one up on them.

One other piece of advice I'd give you is if you're looking for work in retail or bar stuff, one of the key things employers want is simply people who turn up on time, work hard and don't nick money from the till. This may seem obvious but having once run a jewellery business and talkin to others in retail today, it's hard to get people with even these skills. So despite the challenges you have had to face, if you can make it clear you work hard are honest and punctual, then they are likely to give you a chance.

There are some people on this site who could learn a thing or two from you Mark. Your open honest attitude and will to work will hopefully get recognised by an employer. Good luck and don't give up even if you suffer a few setbacks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This is a very heart warming thread which I hope has a happy ending. All the best Mark.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
McDonald's, Holmbush, Shoreham and Sainsbury's, Lyons Farm, Worthing both have posters up for job openings.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My son tried to get part-time work when he started at 6th form college and with no work experience, couldn't get any of the employers to give an interview. So he went and worked every saturday in a charity shop for 6 months. He updated his cv with the charity shop experience, got a glowing reference and then got interviewed and got a job with his first application. He got the job, enjoyed working at the charity shop (still pops in when he has a couple of free hrs), and the charity benefited - everyone is a winner :thumbsup:

A great inspiring example of how to get beyond a lack of experience in a job :thumbsup:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just got a warm glow from seeing what good people there are on NSC. I'll remember this thread next time I'm facepalming at some mindless negativity or misogyny.
This
Wish you the best of luck. You've clearly got the right attitude and want to work which is half the battle won. Good luck :thumbsup:
This
This is a very heart warming thread which I hope has a happy ending. All the best Mark.

And This.

Good Luck Mark, stay positive and I'm sure something will come up for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here