Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Looking for job

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
brightonmark1234, good luck with everything. Showing resourcefulness and determination in the face of difficult circumstances are characteristics that are admired by employers, and it's clear that you have spadefuls of both. Let how you are being around looking for a job be the guide to employers about what you would bring to a job.

Oh, yes. And watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsyHQgiem8c&ob=av2e

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Go and look at voluntary work. Employers will look at you more favourably if you are willing enough to do work for free, because they'll realise that you are serious about wanting a job.

Also get out there and look for part time bar positions, shop positions and if you look down at bowlplex I'm pretty sure they're always recruiting.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Best of luck mate , at least you're making an effort whereas a lot of people your age only have one ambition - to appear on Jeremy Kyle.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
i want to do bar work or retail or any manual work and i am good with computers and £ 6 to 7 pound per hour here are some more of my skills

i doubt anyone really "wants" to work in a shop, compared to all the other things one can do on the planet.

if its cash you desire, buy loads of something and sell it on ebay.......or buy and sell gold - pretty simple as gold will only go up.

£6 per hour, wow, with tax, rent, bills, national insurance, food, etc do you know how much you will really be working for?

go woofing or help ex, or join an NGO.......or last resort before selling your soul for £2.23 p/h is to get a £3k loan, go travelling, and have some fun - experience life.

Last edited:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
i doubt anyone really "wants" to work in a shop, compared to all the other things one can do on the planet.

if its cash you desire, buy loads of something and sell it on ebay.......or buy and sell gold - pretty simple as gold will only go up.

£6 per hour, wow, with tax, rent, bills, national insurance, food, etc do you know how much you will really be working for?

go woofing or help ex, or join an NGO.......or last resort before selling your soul for £2.23 p/h is to get a £3k loan, go travelling, and have some fun - experience life.

And how do you repay the 3k loan?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Gold was $1800 an ounce last August, it's $1640 now

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

With that attitude you are obviously relishing in being part of the cause of broken Britain.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
[MENTION=12090]Programme_Seller[/MENTION] worry about it later, the experiences gained more enhancing that working for about £2.5 an hour.

[MENTION=14118]Vegas Seagull[/MENTION] but look at a two years ago, and look in a few months time.

[MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION] are you suggesting to stay and work hard to help it out? i did do that, and massive tax was taken from me to be spent on europe, bombs, and mps expenses... the cost of living kept going up, and inflation made sure any savings where devalued. the cause of broken britain is not those jumping out, it is the greedy 1% at the top.

Stumpy Tim

[MENTION=12090]Programme_Seller[/MENTION] worry about it later, the experiences gained more enhancing that working for about £2.5 an hour.

[MENTION=14118]Vegas Seagull[/MENTION] but look at a two years ago, and look in a few months time.

[MENTION=22292]Mutts Nuts[/MENTION] are you suggesting to stay and work hard to help it out? i did do that, and massive tax was taken from me to be spent on europe, bombs, and mps expenses... the cost of living kept going up, and inflation made sure any savings where devalued. the cause of broken britain is not those jumping out, it is the greedy 1% at the top.

So you're complaining about the 1% at the top being greedy and selfish, and your suggested remedy is to be greedy and selfish. You're a fruit loop. Theo Paphitis got it right on Question Time this week. People like you seem to think the rich just want to earn more millions, but why would they? People like him could have retired years ago, but he continues so he can give his life a purpose and as he owes a responsibility to the thousands of people he employs. If people like him had your attitude this country really would be broken.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
So you're complaining about the 1% at the top being greedy and selfish, and your suggested remedy is to be greedy and selfish. You're a fruit loop. Theo Paphitis got it right on Question Time this week. People like you seem to think the rich just want to earn more millions, but why would they? People like him could have retired years ago, but he continues so he can give his life a purpose and as he owes a responsibility to the thousands of people he employs. If people like him had your attitude this country really would be broken.

travelling, volunteering, or working at an NGO is not selfish.....i stopped reading after the bit where i saw you watch Question Time....

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

You're not really Gordon Brown are you ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
i doubt anyone really "wants" to work in a shop, compared to all the other things one can do on the planet

I can think of a 101 things I'd rather do than work. But, my job enables me to do these things. Stop being so snooty.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
[MENTION=1365]Westdene Seagull[/MENTION] heheh, does sound a bit like him doesn't it....eeek.

[MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] maybe for you, but the poster is happy for a job that pays £6ph - which leave about £2.50ph as i displayed. there is no snootiness in pointing this out.

idealic idea is to make your "work" something you "would rather be doing."

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

What do you do now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here