Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion on the loose

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
The fact that you think they carry Sig Sauer automatics says enough to me about your knowledge of the subject
:facepalm:

it was intended as a humorous remark...I also read "the good guys wear black" and gave up on the umpteenth mention of getting "tooled up" and "stuck in". Obviously not all armed officers are paramilitary nut jobs...just all the ones that this particular officer served with,

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
You have a gun, you see a Lion chasing down a small boy.

Which one are you going to shoot? the boy?

Why should the Lion lose it's life for doing a natural thing? Hunting for food.

Fact is, we are all animals. I dislike the human attitude of 'we are better than animals'

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006

Fact is, we are all animals. I dislike the human attitude of 'we are better than animals'

Because lions hunting for food in Chelmsford High street is giving them an unfair advantage...the shuffling half pissed denizens of that town being an easier target than an antelope or a springbok.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Fine. You go and catch it then.

Seriously: nobody WANTS to shoot an animal, especially not a genuinely magnificent beast like a lion (if this incident does actually turn out to be true). But you have the luxury of being able to sit on a sofa and make that call under no pressure at all. The police (or whoever) don't. They have to protect the public, however fluffy and adorable the threat might be.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
This thread is why I love NSC. There's absolutely no proof a lion's on the loose, no one's been attacked. It's still an amusing story, but that hasn't prevented the great and good of NSC having a binfest morality debate on the right to live.

Good work everyone! x

Genuine thanks to BH for conjuring up some absolutely HILLARIOUS mental imagery!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Why shoot either?

I personally believe that the child's life is far more expendable than the lions - lions are an endangered species, whereas humanity is an overpopulated carcinogenic pest of this planet.

So with line of thinking you would be helping the animal kingdom if you were to take your own life?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
The more apposite question to ask the lion huggers...rather than fleeing child/pursuing lion who gets the bullet? Is surely YOU have a gun the Lion is going to eat YOU...who do you shoot?..yourself or the Lion?

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If I were the Essex chief of police, I'd order my swat team boyz to arm themselves with some tasers. Although that big pussy would get the shock of it's life, it would live another day and could be returned to it's poor owner whom I imagine is distraught with worry and anguish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here