Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion on the loose

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Sorry, I know I said I would bow out of this thread, but I couldn't resist posting this pic.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346066408.956180.jpg

Run for the hills, the beast is about to go postal

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I reckon theyv'e all been Lion about this story !!!
Who is the MANE man at Colchester Zoo anyway ???

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Two lions walking down North Street, one turns to the other and says "There's not many people out today..."

Maybe they've all gone to Pride?

ps Thank feck the Sun included a picture of a Lion in their report & had the highly informative line of Prowl ... lions usually live in Africa underneath it. I've always thought they lived in Iceland tbh. :blush:

Edit: Damn. Beaten to it by a JCL. :(

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wonderful SUN heading under a picture of a lion - "Prowl ... lions usually live in Africa" PMSL!! No Shit Sherlock!... :hilton:

was just about to post that myself :lolol:

.......obviously the Sun has to cater for its demographic of readers who thought the beast was native to Essex

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
All life is invaluable & should be treasured. I don't really see how me not being here would help the animal kingdom. However if I were confronted with a lion, I would still not want the lion to be shot...

Although I am one of those people who saw that crazy German woman jump into a cage with a polar bear and get severely mauled, with the bear subsequently being shot and my immediate thought was "poor polar bear"

Hopefully the police are planning a strategy how to capture this stunning animal ALIVE in the same way they do armed murderers - and will accept nothing less.

Not quite the same is it, but if you want to compare then fine. A Lion charging at armed Police is the same as an armed murdered charging at armed Police.

Both would be shot dead.

Lions do not take cover and hope Gazza turns up with a KFC and some beers.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Not quite the same is it, but if you want to compare then fine. A Lion charging at armed Police is the same as an armed murdered charging at armed Police.

Both would be shot dead.

Lions do not take cover and hope Gazza turns up with a KFC and some beers.

Oh I say, good call! Perhaps he'll bring a cuppla rods with him (again) so he can take it fishing?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I can picture it now, last night in an Essex pub."Shall we do the bank holiday escaped animal story this year, before the fu**ing Cornish do their annual Puma and Great White Shark tales, the people of Bodmin will be pissed off about this.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's like me suggesting that because I've seen a few football fans acting like twats, ALL football fans must be turning into twats. I pity you if the only police officers you have ever met were tossers. What are the odds of that eh?

the odds would have been pretty good as I was a prison officer for nearly 10 years,some of the police officers I met were pretty strange,out and out ignorant, aggressive,and some were the other side of the bars, while at Chelmsford we had several riots, plenty of as the cons say "old bill" around but when the proverbial hit the fan they all disappeared .
my main point with the police has always been why when then know another officer has broken the law don't they nick him/her
maybe I can ask you the same question

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
the odds would have been pretty good as I was a prison officer for nearly 10 years,some of the police officers I met were pretty strange,out and out ignorant, aggressive,and some were the other side of the bars, while at Chelmsford we had several riots, plenty of as the cons say "old bill" around but when the proverbial hit the fan they all disappeared .
my main point with the police has always been why when then know another officer has broken the law don't they nick him/her
maybe I can ask you the same question

For starters, the police are, initially at least, supposed to hold back from prison riots, as the prison service has its own team of staff they parachute in (metaphorically) in such circumstances.

Secondly, no doubt there are some idiots in the prison service, but I wouldn't dream of labelling all their staff as such.

And thirdly, don't be daft: of course police officers get arrested. I could name two or three in the last year that I know of. In fact it goes completely the other way: sometimes police officers are charged with offences that would never even make it to court if they were "ordinary" members of the public.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
For starters, the police are, initially at least, supposed to hold back from prison riots, as the prison service has its own team of staff they parachute in (metaphorically) in such circumstances.

Secondly, no doubt there are some idiots in the prison service, but I wouldn't dream of labelling all their staff as such.

And thirdly, don't be daft: of course police officers get arrested. I could name two or three in the last year that I know of. In fact it goes completely the other way: sometimes police officers are charged with offences that would never even make it to court if they were "ordinary" members of the public.

for starters not in the 70's they didn't
we had several riots at Chelmsford one lasted for days and they even had the army on standby,I think the fact that the con's started throwing slates from the roof the size of large paving stones had something to do with it.
secondly I suspect there were and still are
thirdly that is nice to know.
shows just how stupid some people are while on patrol while I was at Shrewsbury nick I caught a bloke trying to get over the wall,only he was trying to get in

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You should know by now that Edna is the mouthpiece of Her Majesty's Constabulary on here..she says many wise and arch things about policing and is quick to point out their frailties. She is still job though and sometimes struggles with the perceptions of the ordinary Joe public and other frontline people.

I an tell you that I worked in A&E for some years and had a great relationship with the police in general...I can also remember some proper wrong uns and could tell some stories that would not inspire a huge amount of confidence in quite a few of Brightons finest. It's a tough job but comes with a huge amount of privilege and authority. Not everyone in blue can handle that.

By the same token I have worked with several liars and thieves who are Doctors and Nurses as well as a fair few drug addicts and drunkards.

It's all part of life.

You should know by now that Edna is the mouthpiece of Her Majesty's Constabulary on here..she says many wise and arch things about policing and is quick to point out their frailties. She is still job though and sometimes struggles with the perceptions of the ordinary Joe public and other frontline people.

I an tell you that I worked in A&E for some years and had a great relationship with the police in general...I can also remember some proper wrong uns and could tell some stories that would not inspire a huge amount of confidence in quite a few of Brightons finest. It's a tough job but comes with a huge amount of privilege and authority. Not everyone in blue can handle that.

By the same token I have worked with several liars and thieves who are Doctors and Nurses as well as a fair few drug addicts and drunkards.

It's all part of life.

OK, heres the situation:

You are faced with a Lion, all teeth and claws bazing and it just so happens you have a gun, do you:

a) Shoot the bent copper
b) Shoot the prison officer
c) Shoot the Lion
d) Shoot the yound child who may or may not be chasing the Lion
e) shoot yourself
f) Shoot Ashley Barnes
g) Shoot the drunk nurse.

i think this covers all scenarios on this thread, I may however have added one in.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here