Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion on the loose

The more apposite question to ask the lion hungers...rather than fleeing child/pursuing lion who gets the bullet? Is surely YOU have a gun the Lion is going to eat YOU...who do you shoot?..yourself or the Lion?

I'd shoot the young child, Lion eats child, While Lion is eating child escape.

Ta da.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
In America they thought they were going after a Tiger with a tranquilliser dart. The Tiger had other ideas. Anything under 30 metres is a dangerous distance to be in the vicinty of a Lion (without an automatic firing gun). Greater distance for Tigers and Jaguars.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
If I were the Essex chief of police, I'd order my swat team boyz to arm themselves with some tasers. Although that big pussy would get the shock of it's life, it would live another day and could be returned to it's poor owner whom I imagine is distraught with worry and anguish.

I reckon the Essex chief of police shouldn't lose any sleep knowing you are his rival.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All life is invaluable & should be treasured. I don't really see how me not being here would help the animal kingdom. However if I were confronted with a lion, I would still not want the lion to be shot...

Although I am one of those people who saw that crazy German woman jump into a cage with a polar bear and get severely mauled, with the bear subsequently being shot and my immediate thought was "poor polar bear"

Hopefully the police are planning a strategy how to capture this stunning animal ALIVE in the same way they do armed murderers - and will accept nothing less.

If you had a gun and a lion was trying to chew off your head...you'd shoot it I guarantee. You would shoot it and feel glad about it.

Q: What should always accompany you when hiking in Lion/Bear/Honey Badger/other large scary animal of your choice territory.

A: Someone who can't run as fast as you.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fine. You go and catch it then.

Seriously: nobody WANTS to shoot an animal, especially not a genuinely magnificent beast like a lion (if this incident does actually turn out to be true). But you have the luxury of being able to sit on a sofa and make that call under no pressure at all. The police (or whoever) don't. They have to protect the public, however fluffy and adorable the threat might be.

this sort of does not equate with most of the police I have met
wonder if the old boy who legally parked and had the tazer used on him in his car or Ian Tomlinson thinks the police are there to protect the public.
the police in this country are becoming like they are in the USA if you have the tools you must somehow justify having them by using them inappropriately
as you intimate I doubt if there is anything in this story nevertheless it turns into a binfest

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
All life is invaluable & should be treasured. I don't really see how me not being here would help the animal kingdom. However if I were confronted with a lion, I would still not want the lion to be shot...

Although I am one of those people who saw that crazy German woman jump into a cage with a polar bear and get severely mauled, with the bear subsequently being shot and my immediate thought was "poor polar bear"

Hopefully the police are planning a strategy how to capture this stunning animal ALIVE in the same way they do armed murderers - and will accept nothing less.

anywhere else but on here mate some time ago on here I had a huge binfest about this guy shooting domestic/feral cats and as for your last statement this I doubt although I agree with all your sentiments

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Negotiating team armed with Megaphones ?

' Come quietly and we can talk this through ......You're only making it worse for yourself .... etc etc'

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
this sort of does not equate with most of the police I have met
wonder if the old boy who legally parked and had the tazer used on him in his car or Ian Tomlinson thinks the police are there to protect the public.
the police in this country are becoming like they are in the USA if you have the tools you must somehow justify having them by using them inappropriately
as you intimate

That's like me suggesting that because I've seen a few football fans acting like twats, ALL football fans must be turning into twats. I pity you if the only police officers you have ever met were tossers. What are the odds of that eh?

That's like me suggesting that because I've seen a few football fans acting like twats, ALL football fans must be turning into twats. I pity you if the only police officers you have ever met were tossers. What are the odds of that eh?

50/50

:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here