Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lion on the loose

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
not from the local Zoo (Colchester) or the last Circus that visited the area as they did not have lions really is very silly having loads of police with guns and darts hanging around as I would think that any lion would certainly not be sitting in the field it was seen in some hours before waiting for someone to shoot it.

there are so many sightings of large cats that there has to be some around
there were plenty of sightings in Wales which figures as much of it is rural.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
[MENTION=21924]essex[/MENTION]Lion: FOUND SOMEWHERE TO HIDE.GEEZERS INSIDE HIGH AS A KITE THINK I'M AMY CHILDS.TIME TO CRASH. WILL ENJOY THEM AS BREAKFAST WITH A CAN OF MONSTER.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
So, once it has been located, it should be shot with live ammunition, even if that is only to stop it from getting away?

YES x 100. What if they choose not to shoot it for fear of upsetting people, then it runs round the corner to a nursery and eats three small children??

I'm sure the local police are not running around like kids in Lazer Quest "whoop whooping" that they get to shoot an animal. They are more than likely very concerned for the safety of the local residents and are hoping that it is not them that has to do the deed should it walk round the corner in front of them.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
YES x 100. What if they choose not to shoot it for fear of upsetting people, then it runs round the corner to a nursery and eats three small children??

I'm sure the local police are not running around like kids in Lazer Quest "whoop whooping" that they get to shoot an animal. They are more than likely very concerned for the safety of the local residents and are hoping that it is not them that has to do the deed should it walk round the corner in front of them.

Are you joking? I bet the firearms lot with their Heckler and Koch MP5s and their Sig Sauer automatics pray every night that they get to meet a lion!.

These are not well balanced individuals...they live their lives like they are some elite.special forces unit rather than being slightly overweight baldies armed to the teeth with public subscription firepower.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Are you joking? I bet the firearms lot with their Heckler and Koch MP5s and their Sig Sauer automatics pray every night that they get to meet a lion!.

These are not well balanced individuals...they live their lives like they are some elite.special forces unit rather than being slightly overweight baldies armed to the teeth with public subscription firepower.

Ah sorry, the ones you know must be different to the ones i come into contact with regulaly.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If a Lion is fast asleep at a safe distance then you could probably use a dart.

However if he's charging you down your silly dart isn't going to save you for a minute.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
If the Lion is in a secure place with no chance of it escaping, then use darts (theres BOUND to be people with police in the area with tranquilizer darts) - if its running at you and going to probably bite your leg off or something - then you kinda need to use live ammunition.

Although even then people will still say its "cruel" - even though human live is in danger.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hoping this isn't true, if the zoo and circus have denied missing any lions then the options for where it has escaped from must be rather limited.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Actually, now you come to mention it I've seen a very eccentric gentleman (to say the least) walking up and down Southend high street dressed in a tweed suit sporting a brylcreamed and shaped "Dali" tache and a top hat decorated with themes of the day.
Could do a job?

That's me...recruiting for Essex Seagulls.

5 years I've done it....not a nibble..perhaps my promotional campaign needs a tweak.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

The fact that you think they carry Sig Sauer automatics says enough to me about your knowledge of the subject
:facepalm:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
If a Lion is fast asleep at a safe distance then you could probably use a dart.

However if he's charging you down your silly dart isn't going to save you for a minute.

This is an Essex lion...he'll be full of bugle and red bull and will be talking a load of shite about how it pulled a right sort in Talk of the South larst niight.

It won't be sleeping in a field waiting to get sedated.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here