Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Eastbourne. New Years Day. 3pm.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
What about Wheeler, hes supposed to be a good player. Recently got a trial with Southampton and Arsenal as well as other prem clubs were having a look. Was he any good?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
What about Wheeler, hes supposed to be a good player. Recently got a trial with Southampton and Arsenal as well as other prem clubs were having a look. Was he any good?

I was only really keeping an eye on Foreman, as i dont really know Wheeler.

went to the game as a neutral but ended up rooting for lewes as the ground was packed out with uber-wanky Eastbourne fans.

They packed out the Lewes end and i got the impression they were more anti albion than Lewes with the 'does your boyfriend know your here?' , the 'your just a car park for Falmer' and general slagging of the albion from the lot standing next to me !

I think the dude that came on and changed the game for Eastbourne was called Crabs coz the lot next to me started chanting 'we've got crabs, weve got crabs..uve not'!!

Sounds like healthy banter to me. There's only two divisions between us and Borough so, cheeky as it might seem, they can now consider themselves local rivals. What did you expect, for them to sing Sussex by the Sea and act all respectful of the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion?

Albion Rob

Sounds like healthy banter to me. There's only two divisions between us and Borough so, cheeky as it might seem, they can now consider themselves local rivals. What did you expect, for them to sing Sussex by the Sea and act all respectful of the mighty Brighton & Hove Albion?

Also, "car park for Falmer" would seem to be more of a dig at Lewes for being pathetic and a cheer for Falmer being approved.

Plenty of Brighton at Boro, most alienated during the early Withdean days when it was impossible to get a ticket and now happy payong half what they would pay to get in at the Albion to watch football that is probably 80 per cent as good.

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean

Fair enough

It was great banter, probably the best at a match i've been to bar Southend away and certainly better than anything at Withdean!!

The 'no one likes us' Millwall chant made me smile as i think not too many people would be shuddering at the thought of the Eastbourne boys invading their towns (unless they overrun the disabled parking bays and the charity shops)

just in fashion new

Dec 23, 2008
Eastbourne
I didnt think there was any anti bha singing. i went as a bha fan supportin boro. very dull 1st half. boro outplayed em in 2nd half. nice to see cullip..wiv hair :lol: (missed the 1st goal tho, too many bulmers pre match)

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The barmaid is fit.

Not quite sure why Borough were singing "you'll never walk alone" AND "i'm forever blowing bubbles" though!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The barmaid is fit.

Not quite sure why Borough were singing "you'll never walk alone" AND "i'm forever blowing bubbles" though!

Very rude of you to ignore me today. I agree with you though....."Im forever blowing bubbles" ??? :thud:

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I also didn't hear anything anti-Albion where I was - directly in between the two sets of fans - and Eastbourne did a rousing version of "Good Old Sussex By The Sea" at the end of half time - sent a quick shiver in fact...

There were a few Albion scarves etc. around in both groups, though the Lewes fans were disappointingly quiet - maybe slumped in resignation. To "going down going down..." the reply was "so are we", though they also replied to the "does your boyfriend..." with our "you're too ugly..."

I've only been to Withdean this year, and must admit it was the best atmosphere of the whole season, even if the bumpy pitch made anything apart from hoofing difficult from both teams.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
There were some familiar faces...
p660025217-3.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here