Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes v Eastbourne. New Years Day. 3pm.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Yes, you wish nothing but oblivion for a football club nearly two decades older than the Albion, the loss of a focus for civic pride for an ancient town, and misery for a set of football supporters along the lines that we faced 13 years ago, all because... er, you, er, don't like them.

A focus for civic pride? Yeah thousands of Lewes people are flocking down to the Dripping Pan each week to display their civic pride...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A focus for civic pride? Yeah hundreds and hundreds of Lewes people are flocking down to the Dripping Pan each week to display their civic pride...

Ah, so it's the SIZE of the club that determines whether it should exist or not...? Got you.

Any football club representing its town and doing well is a focus for civic pride, even if it's only among a handful of people.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Ah, so it's the SIZE of the club that determines whether it should exist or not...? Got you.

Any football club representing its town and doing well is a focus for civic pride, even if it's only among a handful of people.

Of course not. You though, seem to be eager for an argument and, quite frankly, I can't be bothered.

I don't like Lewes FC. I wouldn't mourn them if they were wound up. At least it would put an end to all the potential Brighton vs Lewes love-ins.

I have a great deal of affection for my home-town club, and they are far smaller than Lewes. Size has nothing to do with it. I just don't like Lewes or their fans.

And anyway, if the people running the club did so properly, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this.

Football fans are allowed to dislike other local teams you know. It is called RIVALRY. Perhaps my civic pride in one local club has boiled over into tribalism. Who knows?

Jan 30, 2008
Of course not. You though, seem to be eager for an argument and, quite frankly, I can't be bothered.

I don't like Lewes FC. I wouldn't mourn them if they were wound up. At least it would put an end to all the potential Brighton vs Lewes love-ins.

I have a great deal of affection for my home-town club, and they are far smaller than Lewes. Size has nothing to do with it. I just don't like Lewes or their fans.

And anyway, if the people running the club did so properly, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this.

Football fans are allowed to dislike other local teams you know. It is called RIVALRY. Perhaps my civic pride in one local club has boiled over into tribalism. Who knows?
lewes was ok in the 80's now its a arty farty lefty town ,fact.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

You haven't even come close to saying why you don't like them. You just 'don't'. And how does how they're being run affect whether you like them or not?

But you don't want to dislike them, nor do you want a rivalry - you want them to cease to exist. That, for me, is not the mark of a football supporter.

Regardless of whether Lord Large wants Lewes FC to go bust, the truth of the matter is that they have gone bust. The only outstanding issue is when the administrator will be called in and what he can do when he gets there.

If the answer includes shedding the contracts of the players and management staff, there is no viable way for the football club to continue.

The Football Club owns none of the physical assets, such as the ground. That at least means that the Dripping Pan can remain as it is - hopefully for the use of some future football club that might emerge.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
This is like men vs boys. Lord Large seems incapable of devolping a solid foundation for his argument. He says he cant be bothered to argue (trying to back out of the argument I would assume) then goes onto add another 4 lines of drivel.

What's changed in those past 20-25 years?

And what does an 'arty, farty, lefty town' mean?
I would say the place is unrecognisable from forty years back, rather than 25. The three biggest changes are the closure of the iron works, the end of cement production and the abolition of what used to be a Labour controlled Borough Council.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
This is like men vs boys. Lord Large seems incapable of devolping a solid foundation for his argument. He says he cant be bothered to argue (trying to back out of the argument I would assume) then goes onto add another 4 lines of drivel.

Not really. I don't like Lewes FC. I am sure there are teams you do not like. I have never been fond of the team, their fans annoy me and I literally cringe every time NSC ends up embroiled in some Lewes / Brighton love-in led by the usual suspects.

Lewes being wound up may well be sad for their fans but why on earth would it bother me?

For the record, I would also like MK Dons, Newcastle United and Wolverhampton Wanderers to go bust. Preferably soon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not really. I don't like Lewes FC. I am sure there are teams you do not like. I have never been fond of the team, their fans annoy me and I literally cringe every time NSC ends up embroiled in some Lewes / Brighton love-in led by the usual suspects.

Lewes being wound up may well be sad for their fans but why on earth would it bother me?

For the record, I would also like MK Dons, Newcastle United and Wolverhampton Wanderers to go bust. Preferably soon.

I agree about MK Dons, but then they should never have existed in the first place - at least not in the form they're in at present.

However, as for the other clubs, your irrationality is very disturbing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here