Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ice Man said:
Proves my original point doesn't it? The rest of their team wasn't good enough, and neither is ours.

Certain areas of our team needs improving.

Not really since he joined the season after!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Granted, Louise has gorgeous norks, but once she opened her mouth - no, ta. The Average White Band were Scottish with the exception of the drummer, who came from Brighton.

Anyway, back to the row...

No, no thinking of louise with her mouth open is better....

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
How much of that was as we had no striker getting into the box to be fouled?

That is a factor, granted. The point is Leon still wouldn't have been free scoring if he hadn't left.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
At least.

Anyway Kinky, "a team that would be happy with 4th bottom"? That's a f***ing ridiculous statement and you know it. The fact that we as fans would have been delighted to stay up, and I'm sure that's what the players wanted, you make it sound like that was the aim. Finish 4th bottom? I want the team to try to win EVERY game, regardless of who they're playing.

Very simply, Leon Knight was not good enough for that League. We couldn't afford to carry him for the rest of the season, especially as he was doing his best to disrupt everything. Him being sold is not the reason we went down. Even with him in the team, playing up front, we still would have gone down as we just weren't good enough.

I think the club made it clear that 4th bottom was good enough, why is that stupid - of course they are going to try and win every game but the aim at the start of the season would have been to stay up.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
f***ing hell guys , i didnt mean to start all this. I was asking if 75k was waved , if so then we got done. Either way Swansea must be loving it , paying 150k and for what they have seen getting a player who is super prolific

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
He did start last season reasonably well and our pacey counter attacking game did suit him (the ball being on the floor being the key), however other events spiralled out of control.

I was always willing to give Leon the benefit of the doubt. He was our most talented footballer by a country mile and in the early part of that season most of our good moves came through him.

The problem was a player with his ego seemed to either blame everyone else for the fact he wasn't scoring, or just shrug his shoulders and dissappear.

And I think McGhee tried with him. Giving him the responsibilities of being our creative midfielder and giving him the captains armband.

It didn't work though.

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
jonny.rainbow said:
I was always willing to give Leon the benefit of the doubt. He was our most talented footballer by a country mile and in the early part of that season most of our good moves came through him.

The problem was a player with his ego seemed to either blame everyone else for the fact he wasn't scoring, or just shrug his shoulders and dissappear.

And I think McGhee tried with him. Giving him the responsibilities of being our creative midfielder and giving him the captains armband.

It didn't work though.

I agree with a lot of that.

However I do wonder if a lot of the off the field issues had been dealt with sooner, the squad might be stronger now.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
what exactly did he do so wrong apart from show frustration when he didn't play (got dragged off) and stick up for his mates?
OK the comments when he left were out of order but still

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Buck said:
I agree with a lot of that.

However I do wonder if a lot of the off the field issues had been dealt with sooner, the squad might be stronger now.

Concur, plus if sold sooner his price would have bee more

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Rookie said:
what exactly did he do so wrong apart from show frustration when he didn't play (got dragged off) and stick up for his mates?
OK the comments when he left were out of order but still

He took advantage of the void in the dressing room create by the departures of Cullip, Watson, Jones etc and was part of a fairly disruptive clique and I would say racial tactics were used by them.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Uncle Buck said:
He took advantage of the void in the dressing room create by the departures of Cullip, Watson, Jones etc and was part of a fairly disruptive clique and I would say racial tactics were used by them.

you mean.....the "black" thing?

Oh gawd.....we are getting deeper and deeper into the mire now.

Where is Meades Ball when you need him

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Leon Knight had to go but the situation should never have been allowed to get that far.

We would be a better team with him and we would have had a better chance staying up last season with an on form Leon Knight playing off the shoulder of the last defenders instead of him being used as a scapegoat.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Jim in the West said:
Look, we were all happy to see him go. Let's not cry over spilt milk
Exactly - anyone who thinks that warped little c*nt still had anything to offer us is talking horseshit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here