Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
How many goals do you expect from a striker in a team that would have been happy with 4th bottom?

Depends on the effort the striker was putting in.

In Leon's case, he did okay at the big grounds or when the sky cameras turned up.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
Yeah right. He played 60 games on the wing did he?
Bloody hell you really cannot see past your nose can you?... He was banging in the goals before McGhee's tactics (hoofy shit) arrived and that was pre promotion...

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
jonny.rainbow said:
Depends on the effort the striker was putting in.

In Leon's case, he did okay at the big grounds or when the sky cameras turned up.

Not really an answer, I would say 10 is a decent amount - which he was on the way too last year.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Trigger said:
Bloody hell you really cannot see past your nose can you?... He was banging in the goals before McGhee's tactics (hoofy shit) arrived and that was pre promotion...

That was before Simon Rodger was injured and replaced with Charlie Oatway wasn't it?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Ice Man said:
I didn't mention Gary Hart did I?

We'd score more with Leon Knight, no doubt, but we wouldn't be "sorted" as you first suggested.

If mid-table is the goal this season (which it undoubtedly is), then I think we would be sorted with Leon actually. Kinky seems to agree with me and I'm sure deep down many others do.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
About 10 - 15.

At least.

Anyway Kinky, "a team that would be happy with 4th bottom"? That's a f***ing ridiculous statement and you know it. The fact that we as fans would have been delighted to stay up, and I'm sure that's what the players wanted, you make it sound like that was the aim. Finish 4th bottom? I want the team to try to win EVERY game, regardless of who they're playing.

Very simply, Leon Knight was not good enough for that League. We couldn't afford to carry him for the rest of the season, especially as he was doing his best to disrupt everything. Him being sold is not the reason we went down. Even with him in the team, playing up front, we still would have gone down as we just weren't good enough.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Don't forget he had Iwelemo (sp) playing next to him to work off in the promotion but in his wisdom Mcghee didn't sign him or anyone similar

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
Average White Band - 1978. Great disco track, a reminder of my first ever games at the Goldstone.

Thought it was a cover, however who would you rather think about?!?!?

Last edited:

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Kinky Gerbils said:
The season they almost went down?>

Proves my original point doesn't it? The rest of their team wasn't good enough, and neither is ours.

Certain areas of our team needs improving.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Kinky Gerbils said:
Not really an answer, I would say 10 is a decent amount - which he was on the way too last year.

Maybe, we didn't win any penalties after Palace at home though.

Id say he'd have got nearer 6.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
To an extent, but Coppell did bring Rehman in as a replacement of sorts and he started well enough.

Rehman was a centre half by trade though. Not a decent replacement for a midfield playmaker of Rodger's standard.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Thought it was a cover, however who would you rather think about?!?!?
Granted, Louise has gorgeous norks, but once she opened her mouth - no, ta. The Average White Band were Scottish with the exception of the drummer, who came from Brighton.

Anyway, back to the row...

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here