Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I do find that hard to believe, after all, MM signed most of these so called Black troublemakers....jarrett, McCammon etc

Maybe we are just reading too much into the fact that all the players he fell out with were of a certain ethnic grouping. It may just have been that they thought he was crap and he felt they were a dissapointment

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Jimmy Saville said:
I'd be interested to hear you justify that comment

So Michel Kuipers is now a part of a disruptive black street gang that terrorises the Brighton dressing room. I didn't hear Chaigneau claim discrimination when he jumped into his car and Paul Reid isn't what I would call "Afro Carribean". You're talking nonsense.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Dave the Gaffer said:
I do find that hard to believe, after all, MM signed most of these so called Black troublemakers....jarrett, McCammon etc

Maybe we are just reading too much into the fact that all the players he fell out with were of a certain ethnic grouping. It may just have been that they thought he was crap and he felt they were a dissapointment

McCammon is the one I do not get, he had managed him before.

But the others were generally young with no reputation in the game and to an exntent could have got sucked in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Leon Knight is a little shit who was an disruptive influence at the club even BEFORE Mark McGhee took over. I have this on good authority from a very reliable source from within the club. Don't forget he didn't want to play for us and slagged us off when he left. We may be crying out for a striker, but we're better off without him.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
So Michel Kuipers is now a part of a disruptive black street gang that terrorises the Brighton dressing room. I didn't hear Chaigneau claim discrimination when he jumped into his car and Paul Reid isn't what I would call "Afro Carribean". You're talking nonsense.

I would guess that part of the problem with Kuipers was that he got dragged in and should have known better. From what I am work out a number were shipped out as the one the coaching staff wanted to keep and sort out with CKR, but alas that did not happen in the end.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sneaky George said:
Leon Knight is a little shit who was an disruptive influence at the club even BEFORE Mark McGhee took over. I have this on good authority from a very reliable source from within the club. Don't forget he didn't want to play for us and slagged us off when he left. We may be crying out for a striker, but we're better off without him.

Care to elebrate? Before McGhee took over, so when Coppell was in charge and he was banging in the goals. When didn't he want to play for us?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
He was treated appallingly by the majority of supporters so not surprised he slagged us off.
I bet you and a few others are getting all excited about seeing this fine model professional back at Withdean later this year eh? Must be something of a highlight of the season for some, given how much they boohoo about missing him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Richie Morris said:
He was treated appallingly by the majority of supporters so not surprised he slagged us off.
He only had himself to blame for that Ritchie. How many games did we see him sulk, whinge, dive etc. It was pathetic. Especially at a time when everyone else was giving their all to stay up, against all the odds. He had, in reality, stopped playing for us long before he went. In those circumstances, I can't blame the fans for turning against him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Rookie said:
Care to elebrate? Before McGhee took over, so when Coppell was in charge and he was banging in the goals. When didn't he want to play for us?
I meant he didn't want to play for us duringt he McGhee era not before. But what I can say is that when he was banging in the goals, he was a very difficult man to have in the camp. That petulance pre-dates McGhee.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
This is an argument which will never end...

Leon Knight actually worked quite hard - perhaps not the headless chicken running of someone like Virgo - but he was CLEARLY told to slot into a wide position when we lost the ball which explained why he was not always upfront chasing down defenders.

He was changed by McGhee from a forward playing off the defence's last shoulder to someone playing with his back to goal taking a kicking of lumbersome centre backs.

Ok he had an attitude but that arrogance could have been channelled to improve his game.

I think by the end his lack of workrate was becomming exaggerated. Because people said he was lazy they noticed when he was not running his socks off and got on his back. Watch someone like Revell, McCammon, Gatting, Robinson etc - none of our forwards put anymore work in then Knight did apart from Gary Hart - who rarely has an end product.

I will never forget the way McGhee took Knight off against Wolves and when Knight was annoyed at coming off - something I think EVERY player should be - McGhee made a piss taking gesture to the crowd.

That said it all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
[BWatch someone like Revell - none of our forwards put anymore work in then Knight did [/B]

Sorry, but that is utter utter bollocks.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
when Knight was annoyed at coming off - something I think EVERY player should be
Well that's bolox for starters - no professional footballer should play to the gormless contingent in the crowd by gesticulating that his boss has made a bad decision. That sort of thing - and we've seen it for years and years from the modesly-talented and over-confident - always reflects what a stupid trouble-making prima donna the subbed player is, rather than badly on the manager - unless the player has the class to apologise afterwards.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We had to make a decision on Leon. We were aiming to stay in the championship and he wasn't pulling his weight/performing to the standard required - His contract was running out and it was obvious he had no intention of signing a new one, unless it was improved terms.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here