Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
London Irish said:
Sadly, McGhee outers like you have probably condemned us to years of "bad luck" now, cheers for that.

Blimey LI your not still pining for McGhee are you? He's gone get used to it. Now dry your eyes mate and sure enough you'll soon have a new manager to love and worship.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For those of you who hadn't noticed as we hit page 8...Fixtures, Kanchelskis, ringtones...:jester:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Richie Morris said:
Like he has done at Coventry eh?

Leon Knight is FAR better then Adam Virgo

So MM wasn't that bad if he managed to get £1,350,000 more for an inferior player then or are you suggesting LK is worth more :jester:

Last edited:

jakes right boot

Jul 29, 2006
Richie Morris said:
Like he has done at Coventry eh?

Leon Knight is FAR better then Adam Virgo

Fool. He went back to Celtic with serious injury.
He scored more goals in that Championship season than Leon.
FACT.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Richie Morris said:

I think by the end his lack of workrate was becomming exaggerated. Because people said he was lazy they noticed when he was not running his socks off and got on his back. Watch someone like Revell, McCammon, Gatting, Robinson etc - none of our forwards put anymore work in then Knight did apart from Gary Hart - who rarely has an end product.

What utter utter bollocks. What game are you watching if you think Leon Knight has ever put more running in than Alex Revell?

We all know by now you love Leon so much you'd nosh his cock off but defending his work rate and using Revell as an example is horse shit of the highest order.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Woody the Seagull said:
At his best, I think Leon was one of the most exciting players that I have ever seen in the stripes. Ok, I may have only been watching the Albion for little over 11 years, but even so, there have been some great players. I loved his arrogance, his attitude and he was obviously very talented. I know players like him are prone to cause unrest on the training ground and in the dressing room, but I'm sure there are worse-behaved players who aren't shipped out of their respective clubs.

I accept the fact that he was partially in the wrong, but I think the club needed Leon Knight more than they needed £125k. He was one of those players which the opposition tend to look out for and that opposition fans are familiar with. Unfortunately, we don't seem to have one of those players anymore and I believe it is costing us this season.

Spottus onnus

I can't abide all this 'he GOT x amount for so-and-so' - that is just some other club willing to PAY for these players. It's not by some masterstroke of management that we got RID of some good talented players that were poorly managed, who somehow refused to put themselves out on the field of play for us. We 'got' nothing for CKR and Leon, or Albert - to name a few. We also saw them get reduced to walk-off roles on the pitch.

He may have got us promoted, but got us struggling and then got us relegated. He got a few decent wins from sides who didn't 'turn up' to play a struggling side, but we have capitulated to relegation rivals so many times it's embarrassing.

He didn't know what he was doing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here