Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
7 goals in open play in 60+ games with us.

Yes but we all know you hate him, so your comment is not really relevant is it?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Dave the Gaffer said:
it doesnt become a person of your age to be so angry and confrontational, because when your arguements are coherent, everyone just thinks..." Oh he is off on one again"
OK David, I will consider myself suitably chasitised. I will be from now on the voice of peace and tranquility. :angel:

*Now where's that buffoon Goring Gull gone?*

Last edited:

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Dave the Gaffer said:

Come on Dave, we know EVERYONES opinion on Leon Knight by now.

Just you wait for THPP to come on and say.

Leon Knight, He's alright:thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
CKR and others past and present have been vilified for not putting any effort in.

The Leon Knight that I saw in the last two seasons was taking us for a ride. He was one of the highest paid members of the squad and can you say that he earned his pay packet?

I expect nothing less than 100% from players donning the Brighton shirt. Of course, I would love for him to be banging in goals for Brighton, but I would also loved for him to be a a team player and toe the line.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

God job not in the Championship any more, I mean you could use that stat instead of the one that matters - his record in this league!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
BarrelofFun said:
CKR and others past and present have been vilified for not putting any effort in.

The Leon Knight that I saw in the last two seasons was taking us for a ride. He was one of the highest paid members of the squad and can you say that he earned his pay packet?

I expect nothing less than 100% from players donning the Brighton shirt. Of course, I would love for him to be banging in goals for Brighton, but I would also loved for him to be a a team player and toe the line.

Not really bothered about geting into a in depth Leon debate aagain, but - How many of the players last year earnt the money they were payed consideeing the way they went down?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
I'm sorry and I know it doesn't help matters at all, but I wholeheartedly agree with DTG. With someone like Leon in our squad this year, we would be sorted. Whatever part he played in the bust-up with McGhee, he was one of highest-paid players in our squad for a reason : he was our best player. I was really quite pissed off to see him go and wasn't "happy" at all.

Ice Man

Jan 5, 2006
Woody the Seagull said:
With someone like Leon in our squad this year, we would be sorted.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

There are other areas of ther team that need drastic improvement.

*A decent left back.
*A centre midfielder who can create chances.
*A frontman who can score goals as well as hold the ball up, a Gifton Noel Williams - esque player.

And that's just for starters.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Ice Man said:

*A decent left back
*A centre midfielder who can create
*A frontman who can score goals as well as hold the ball up, a Gifton Noel Williams - esque player.

However with a 25 goal striker a lot of these problemswould vanish as his goals would win games.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
London Irish said:
The difference between that and 7 wins in 60 games which is similar to what Mr McGhee had?... Excuse my ignorance but they both had a job to do and both had similar statistics, one however you praise, one you don't?...

???

Dave the Gaffer said:

Why? I haven't stated any opinion, it's a factual comment.

Do you dispute that, in more than 60 games with us, the best part of a season and a half, he could only find the net for us 7 times in open play? That's worse than Mark McCammon's scoring rate when he was with us.

All FACTS

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Why, it's a factual comment. Do you dispute that, in more than 60 games with us, the best part of a season and a half, he could only find the net for us 7 times in open play? That's worse than Mark McCammon's scoring rate when he was with us.

Yes but Mccammon is an INTERNATIONAL and you expect him to outscore everyone.:dunce: :lolol:

Last edited:

Trigger said:
The difference between that and 7 wins in 60 games which is similar to what Mr McGhee had?... Excuse my ignorance but they both had a job to do and both had similar statistics, one however you praise, one you don't?...

???

Yes, because it was Knight's failure to score that led to McGhee's stats, not the other way round.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
London Irish said:
Why? I haven't stated any opinion, it's a factual comment.

Do you dispute that, in more than 60 games with us, the best part of a season and a half, he could only find the net for us 7 times in open play? That's worse than Mark McCammon's scoring rate when he was with us.

All FACTS

I dont dispute it at.....My point wa sthat this season he is banging in the goals.......

Oh I really cant be arsed arguing with you. You are just so tedious

Kinky Gerbils said:
God job not in the Championship any more, I mean you could use that stat instead of the one that matters - his record in this league!

What Mark McGhee's record in this league again? :D

And on we go :lol:

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Ice Man said:

*A decent left back.
*A centre midfielder who can create chances.

And that's just for starters.

So you'd rather have Gary Hart up front than someone like Leon Knight this season? I think in a way we would be sorted if Leon was with us this year. He scores goals at this level, end of.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here