Leon Knight admits Brighton career is over

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Yeah, it does.

If Leon had gone quietly, I would still have had some residual sympathy for a talented player who was his own worse enemy.

But now that we know he is going round the other players trying to cause as much harm as possible to the team before he goes, then McGhee must come down on the little shit like a ton of bricks. I would ban him from the training ground and from any further contact with our players before he's sold.

What's your next stunt, Leon, you disloyal little shit? Are you going to turn up on Kerry Mayo's doorstep and tell him he's not getting a new contract because McGhee hates gingers?

Mcghee has already said Kerry is not ready to the local press, so he doesnt need to.:rolleyes:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
London Irish said:
Yeah, it does.

If Leon had gone quietly, I would still have had some residual sympathy for a talented player who was his own worse enemy.

But now that we know he is going round the other players trying to cause as much harm as possible to the team before he goes, then McGhee must come down on the little shit like a ton of bricks. I would ban him from the training ground and from any further contact with our players before he's sold.

What's your next stunt, Leon, you disloyal little shit? Are you going to turn up on Kerry Mayo's doorstep and tell him he's not getting a new contract because McGhee hates gingers?

Going round the other players?? What standing up for your team mates, thats bad now is it
The hatred for LK is a bit worrying think you need to look at things from another angle

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
KinkyHitler said:
Thats another thread, was he pushed or did he walk?

You posed the question, so I will answer.

He was pushed with a bloody great big stick from this end, and pulled by the bollocks from the other other end.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rookie said:
Going round the other players?? What standing up for your team mates, thats bad now is it
The hatred for LK is a bit worrying think you need to look at things from another angle

And thats coming from someone who claims I hate Kuipers.... :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
nobody's dupe said:
You posed the question, so I will answer.

He was pushed with a bloody great big stick from this end, and pulled by the bollocks from the other other end.

Was it a VD ridden stick?

E

enigma

LI has a point. Knight was stirring trouble by sticking up for Kuipers the way he did. Solidarity is one thing but blatant disrespect for the managers decisions is another.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
BensGrandad said:
All this McGhee/Coppell shit has everybody forgotten that SC was virtually forced to go to Reading because we needed the ciompensation.

That's what I said, but I didn't use the French word at the end of the sentence.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
BensGrandad said:
All this McGhee/Coppell shit has everybody forgotten that SC was virtually forced to go to Reading because we needed the ciompensation.

That is crap.

DK gave him the opportunity to talk to them and he took his time making his mind up about going.It was all an act he was always going to go anyway.

Palace twat.:angry:

KinkyHitler said:
But LI has the view that Coppell failed, so he cant have it both ways.

I realise that. If we go down, then McGhee will have Failed.

But of course it's a separate discussion about whether that Failure should cost him his job. Just as we took Coppell's overall record into account in keeping him when he Failed, so should we in the event that McGhee does.

But you know what Kinky, McGhee's record at the business end of the season with us is Played 2, Won 2 (Coppell's Played 1, Lost 1), so this discussion, much like your ejaculations, is premature.

In picking a fight hours before a vital game, (let's face it they are ALL vital this season), Leon has set fire to his Albion bridges all by himself. Whether he agreed with MM's selection or not is immaterial he would still have been expected to play an important part in securing us some valuable points yesterday, and that should have been his only focus. He is a professional footballer, and he acted in a totally unprofessional matter.

There is no room or indeed time at this club for such self indulgent antics, every squad member has a part to play, and Leon should realise that. By standing up for Kuipers he was undermining the team confidence in Chaigneau, who as it turned out had a pretty decent game after a dodgy start, that alone is reason for his exclusion from the team.

I view this situtation with great sadness, IMHO Leon is probably the most talented footballer at this club, but his lousy attitude means that we are very unlikely to see the best of him. If he doesn't want to play his part then we are better off without him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
I realise that. If we go down, then McGhee will have Failed.

But of course it's a separate discussion about whether that Failure should cost him his job. Just as we took Coppell's overall record into account in keeping him when he Failed, so should we in the event that McGhee does.

But you know what Kinky, McGhee's record at the business end of the season with us is Played 2, Won 2 (Coppell's Played 1, Lost 1), so this discussion, much like your ejaculations, is premature.

Coppell won more than 4 games....

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Coppell is clearly a better manager than MM, but Coppell understandably left for Reading so arguing that he is better than MM is all a bit arbritary. Its not like Coppell would come back if we asked so sometimes we have to accept with the limitations the Brighton job has its highly unlikely that someone like Mike Newell or Steve Cotterill would come to us let alone Coppell. MM was probably the best available candidate for the job at the time and has done a very good job considering the situation. Sure he makes some f*** ups but he seems to have the teams and fans best interests at heart unlike Leon 'little bitch' Knight, who clearly doesn't give two fucks about anyone apart from himself.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
gerbil said:
It was all an act he was always going to go anyway.

If you knew SC you would know that your prejudiced response was so far removed from the truth.

If only all politicians were as competent, honest and as trustworthy as the former Palace manager this world would be a much better place to live in.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
BensGrandad said:

fantastic recollection - but sadly erroneous.

His agent met with Madejski 4 days before the wigged one approached Knight for permission to speak to him.

Knight granted permission as he has promised every manager and player that if they feel they want to join another club he wont stand in their way.

He then did that vassilation period where we all begged him to stay. he chose not to then later said that Knight hadn't offered him more money to stay. However he still seems friends with Knight so it hardly sounds an acrimonious break up.

It's a bit like if your wife was seeing another bloke then 4 days later he comes and asks your permission. Would you have her back? Would you offer her a bigger credit card to stay?

Last edited:

E

enigma

gerbil said:
That is crap.

DK gave him the opportunity to talk to them and he took his time making his mind up about going.It was all an act he was always going to go anyway.

Palace twat.:angry:

Boring.

E

enigma

gerbil said:
As always,well thought out :yawn:

As opposed to your regurgitated bollocks? I dont deny that mine was a simple, yet true argument. Most people have left the Coppell thing behind. Its a shame you cant and keep droning on about it.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
fantastic recollection - but sadly erroneous.

His agent met with Madejski 4 days before the wigged one approached Knight for permission to speak to him.

Knight granted permission as he has promised every manager and player that if they feel they want to join another club he wont stand in their way.

He then did that vassilation period where we all begged him to stay. he chose not to then later said that Knight hadn't offered him more money to stay. However he still seems friends with Knight so it hardly sounds an acrimonious break up.

Quite agree. Coppell came and joined in the march, wrote letters on our behalf for Falmer so he hasn't fallen out with DK has he?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Scotty M said:
not forgetting the youth team coaches at chelsea, who are obviously clueless as well

"Leon has always been a very confident boy and he spoke his mind, but I didn't mind that. He was as good as gold."

a quote from said chelsea coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here