Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight admits Brighton career is over

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I just wonder if Repugnant Toad and Kinks have ever disagreed about anything ??? :lolol: :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Directions in Canda, Which left me sleeping on the floor of the wrong hostels Kitchen.

Ill tell you bout it in the tap sometime.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Donk the Seagull said:
No-one else in the squad seems to want to score.

Disagree - goal scoring is fairly distributed throughout the squad:

Leon Knight 5
Dean Hammond 4
Colin Kazim-Richards 4
Paul McShane 3
Guy Butters 2
Sebastien Carole 2
Alexandre Frutos 2
Jake Robinson 2
Richard Carpenter 1
Kerry Mayo 1
Mark McCammon 1
Charlie Oatway 1

source: http://www.4thegame.com/statistics/championship/brighton-and-hove-albion-fc/scorers/

LK's not the top-scoring striker that he was in League 1. I agree it seems risky getting rid of our "top" scorer but we need players we can rely on.

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
KinkyHitler said:
The sad thing is if Brighton go down we all ready have our scape goat in Leon Knight.

No, surely that would be the manager that forced him out, picked players out of position, dosn't know his strongest 11 and has no man management skills

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Rookie said:
No, surely that would be the manager that forced him out, picked players out of position, dosn't know his strongest 11 and has no man management skills

Nope, not in the eyes of the pro mcghee

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyHitler said:
The sad thing is if Brighton go down we all ready have our scape goat in Leon Knight.
We have half a season to play and we're one point from safety. So I'd have to disagree with you.

I'll back him if he wants rid of Leon Knight, but if we go down, McGhee has failed. End of.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
We have half a season to play and we're one point from safety. So I'd have to disagree with you.

I'll back him if he wants rid of Leon Knight, but if we go down, McGhee has failed. End of.

Well said, But will others take that view?

Simster said:
Coppell took Brentford to the brink of the Championship.

That's an interesting one I think. For me, that's another example of Coppell failing at the business end of the season after managing a team well, as he did with us.

Brentford collapsed at the end of the season and allowed Peter Taylor a stroll to the Division 2 title with Reading also bottling it near the end.

Coppell had two chances to go up that season, that final day regular season showdown with Reading - Failure - or the play-offs, also Failure at Cardiff.

I like Coppell, but to have him continually thrown in our faces by the Magoo goons as a paragon of management means we have to be realistic about his record of success and failure.

E

enigma

KinkyHitler said:
Well said, But will others take that view?

I would agree with that. But I hardly think that he will have failed overall. If we end up bottom by a way then I wouldn't necessarily want McGhee but at the end of the day I would be happy with 4th bottom so if he comes close to that it would seem harsh to get rid of him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
That's an interesting one I think. For me, that's another example of Coppell failing at the business end of the season after managing a team well, as he did with us.

Brentford collapsed at the end of the season and allowed Peter Taylor a stroll to the Division 2 title with Reading also bottling it near the end.

Coppell had two chances to go up that season, that final day regular season showdown with Reading - Failure - or the play-offs, also Failure at Cardiff.

I like Coppell, but to have him continually thrown in our faces by the Magoo goons as a paragon of management means we have to be realistic about his record of success and failure.

Look at the signings coppell made at the club, then those of mcghee.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
enigma said:
I would agree with that. But I hardly think that he will have failed overall. If we end up bottom by a way then I wouldn't necessarily want McGhee but at the end of the day I would be happy with 4th bottom so if he comes close to that it would seem harsh to get rid of him.

But LI has the view that Coppell failed, so he cant have it both ways.

E

enigma

KinkyHitler said:

Well, I am not a mind reader, but maybe he is arguing that Coppell had a better team/resources.

I dont think Coppell failed. I think he may well have done better than McGhee long term, and was sorry to see him go.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
KinkyHitler said:
He did. He failed to keep us up, then walked out before finishing the job. To go to tin pot Reading. At the time they were not much better than us, so he could have stayed with us and then got a job a big club later on if he had any bollocks.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
He did. He failed to keep us up, then walked out before finishing the job. To go to tin pot Reading. At the time they were not much better than us, so he could have stayed with us and then got a job a big club later on if he had any bollocks.
Thats another thread, was he pushed or did he walk?

Repugnant Toad said:
Does it feel good?

Yeah, it does.

If Leon had gone quietly, I would still have had some residual sympathy for a talented player who was his own worse enemy.

But now that we know he is going round the other players trying to cause as much harm as possible to the team before he goes, then McGhee must come down on the little shit like a ton of bricks. I would ban him from the training ground and from any further contact with our players before he's sold.

What's your next stunt, Leon, you disloyal little shit? Are you going to turn up on Kerry Mayo's doorstep and tell him he's not getting a new contract because McGhee hates gingers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here