Jul 14, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
O how I hope he goes to Stoke...

O how I hope he goes anywhere....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
But the simple fact is he has had games and plenty of chances and has not scored enough goals at this level to be considered a top championship striker.

The quotes you have posted, you haven't provided links so who knows how genuine they are?

Personally I think Leon is talented, but not as good as he thinks he is. He needs to buckle down and work harder for the TEAM not just Leon Knight. He's been found out at this level and he doesn't like it.

I don't think McGhee comes out of this with much credit, but he wont be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. We just need to get behind whoever he puts out. It's that simple. The lads on the pitch don't pick the team, MM does, so we should support the guys on the pitch regardless of who we think should be in the team.

you could always use the argument that our style of football never really suited Leon as the inssitance on a "big striker" required one who could direct the ball . Judging by the way various people have been tried with our "big striker" , jakey CKR Leon etc none of them appear that sure where the ball is going.

the understanding between Spider Mellor and wardy was such that instinctively they knew where each of them was, therefore when flick ons came, 99 times out of a hundered, wardy was there.

I wish Leon well and thank him for some terrific performances and sincerely hope he finds a team that will do justice to his undoubted ability. It is just a great shame it will not be here

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Again im not going to deny he has an attitude, but could this thing have been avoidable if mcghee hadnt gone blabber mouthing to the press?

Errr... Leon went to the press on this story!!... :dunce:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Who went to the Press first to slag of a number of players?

If he cant take it maybe he shouldnt do it.

Yes, but the fact stands that your beloved Leon is the one crying to the press this time round...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
He's not wrong, though, is he?

It really doesn't matter whether Leon is right or wrong... he shouldn't be undermining our club in the press...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
B.W. said:
Yes, but the fact stands that your beloved Leon is the one crying to the press this time round...

But the fact also stands Mcghee started the bitch fest in the press the first time round when he could have kept it behind closed doors.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
B.W. said:
It really doesn't matter whether Leon is right or wrong... he shouldn't be undermining our club in the press...

so to take that argument forward, it's ok for Mcghee to have a go at his players in the press( Robinson) but not Leon back?

interesting logic

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
dave the gaffer said:
so to take that argument forward, it's ok for Mcghee to have a go at his players in the press( Robinson) but not Leon back?

interesting logic

Hart
Kerry
Knight
Robinson
Mccammon
Chenigsbnppsgrb o

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Leon committed the cardinal sin for a professional footballer. He betrayed the confidence of the dressing room. What goes in behind those closed doors should remain there, it's all very well chatting about it with mates, but when you go to the press like he did within 12 hours of it happening, that's when you shoot your bolt, and that's the reason why he now HAS to go.

The manager is entitled to his opinion in the press about how players are performing, because that represents part of his job. The players are there to pull on the shirt and play, not bitch about the manager and/or his selection policy in the press. Do it behind closed doors in a 1 on 1 with the manager by all means, not in the press. He's done it now, so I would be astonished if he pulled on an Albion shirt again...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Seagull73 said:
Leon committed the cardinal sin for a professional footballer. He betrayed the confidence of the dressing room. What goes in behind those closed doors should remain there, it's all very well chatting about it with mates, but when you go to the press like he did within 12 hours of it happening, that's when you shoot your bolt, and that's the reason why he now HAS to go.

The manager is entitled to his opinion in the press about how players are performing, because that represents part of his job. The players are there to pull on the shirt and play, not bitch about the manager and/or his selection policy in the press. Do it behind closed doors in a 1 on 1 with the manager by all means, not in the press. He's done it now, so I would be astonished if he pulled on an Albion shirt again...

so no right of reply then?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
But the fact also stands Mcghee started the bitch fest in the press the first time round when he could have kept it behind closed doors.

Please supply quotes...

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
dave the gaffer said:
so no right of reply then?

Of course he has, but this wasn't a right of reply situation. And when it comes to the managers selection policy, no he absolutely doesn't, no matter what. Claim that he is unhappy about being left out, yes. But to give chapter and verse about what happened on that coach is a total betrayal of the team spirit and confidence. What happened on that coach should have stayed on that coach, if McGhee had come out into the press and said what happened, I would have been equally disappointed in him.

It's a messy, messy situation, and it's all of Leon's creation.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
And the manager should the players?

Please translate...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here