Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight admits Brighton career is over

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "Zamora has not established himself at Tottenham yet, but give him time, and I think Leon is as good as him.

"I don't think his size comes into it. He has a tremendous leap for someone so small and a very quick brain.

"I am not surprised by the goals he has scored. That is what he is good at.

"He gets in good positions and if he is on the ball 25 yards out that is all he is thinking about."

o look more

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Row Z Creased Shirt said:
In picking a fight hours before a vital game, (let's face it they are ALL vital this season), Leon has set fire to his Albion bridges all by himself. Whether he agreed with MM's selection or not is immaterial he would still have been expected to play an important part in securing us some valuable points yesterday, and that should have been his only focus. He is a professional footballer, and he acted in a totally unprofessional matter.

There is no room or indeed time at this club for such self indulgent antics, every squad member has a part to play, and Leon should realise that. By standing up for Kuipers he was undermining the team confidence in Chaigneau, who as it turned out had a pretty decent game after a dodgy start, that alone is reason for his exclusion from the team.

I view this situtation with great sadness, IMHO Leon is probably the most talented footballer at this club, but his lousy attitude means that we are very unlikely to see the best of him. If he doesn't want to play his part then we are better off without him.

Top post, that says it all. Leon is a waste of time. Oh and by the way Coppell sucks.

KinkyHitler said:
"I think he is worth a go in the Premiership," Chivers said. "Zamora has not established himself at Tottenham yet, but give him time, and I think Leon is as good as him.

"I don't think his size comes into it. He has a tremendous leap for someone so small and a very quick brain.

"I am not surprised by the goals he has scored. That is what he is good at.

"He gets in good positions and if he is on the ball 25 yards out that is all he is thinking about."

o look more

But the simple fact is he has had games and plenty of chances and has not scored enough goals at this level to be considered a top championship striker.

The quotes you have posted, you haven't provided links so who knows how genuine they are?

Personally I think Leon is talented, but not as good as he thinks he is. He needs to buckle down and work harder for the TEAM not just Leon Knight. He's been found out at this level and he doesn't like it.

I don't think McGhee comes out of this with much credit, but he wont be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. We just need to get behind whoever he puts out. It's that simple. The lads on the pitch don't pick the team, MM does, so we should support the guys on the pitch regardless of who we think should be in the team.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
But the simple fact is he has had games and plenty of chances and has not scored enough goals at this level to be considered a top championship striker.

The quotes you have posted, you haven't provided links so who knows how genuine they are?

Personally I think Leon is talented, but not as good as he thinks he is. He needs to buckle down and work harder for the TEAM not just Leon Knight. He's been found out at this level and he doesn't like it.

I don't think McGhee comes out of this with much credit, but he wont be going anywhere for the foreseeable future. We just need to get behind whoever he puts out. It's that simple. The lads on the pitch don't pick the team, MM does, so we should support the guys on the pitch regardless of who we think should be in the team.

Because the spellings right.

Stumpy Tim

I'm not sure Leon's latest rant was really an attempt to stick up for Kuipers at all - just an excuse to have another dig at MM. Read the article:

""I was trying to be a peacemaker over Michel being dropped and I got the rap for it," Knight said. "Michel was going into one with Dean White (coach) outside the coach as we left the hotel.

"I said to Michel 'It's done, the manager isn't going to change his mind. In my opinion they don't know what they are doing'.""

Well that's not being a peacemaker - that's saying that the management are rubbish - there's a big difference. A peacemaker would have taken Michel to one side, had a quiet word about fighting your way back into the team and calmed him down. But the lippy little shit decided to use it as an opportunity to slag off MM, BB & DW in one go.

Bye Leon :wave: Don't come back

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Always rated Knight; he's had some t'riffic games for us.
However it's time for the moody, petulant, shit-stirring little shit to f*** off somewhere else.

What a waste of talent. :wave:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Having come to this thread late,with my first MM doubts in mind sadly, and having just caught up with your reaction,it seems clear now that Leon must go.I feel especially sorry for MM now because it's clear that Weds and Millwall will be buying their way out of trouble.
I stand by my original argument that McGhee should only go if he doesn't bring us back up automatically,or a very good reason why it had to be via the play-offs.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Seagull Pete said:
He would fit in well at Crawley. May get on the subs bench every now and then!

Aldershot are looking for a proven striker but they can have our 'creative striker' (as he's been lovingly referred to) instead. Bet he'd still be late for training too.

He's conference bound....

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Silent Bob said:
What do you think of Djibril Cisse? :D

Silly me-there's so many similarities between Cisse and Knight? :rolleyes:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
or perhaps it was just leon that had the balls to stick up the manager and say what other players might have been feeling? have any of you ever thought that mcghee has created some of this? easy to make the player a scapegoat. there is a lot of general unrest within the club dont think just buy flogging knight this is going to go away and we are going to start winning games. mghees dodgy tactics and line ups wont go will they

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bwian said:
Aldershot are looking for a proven striker but they can have our 'creative striker' (as he's been lovingly referred to) instead. Bet he'd still be late for training too.

He's conference bound....

Of course he is Conference bound, really with all the years you have been watching football I thought you would at least have some idea of the game and players.

Knight probably will drop a division, but he will come back to haunt us at some point. Luckily by the time that happens McGhee will be a thing of the past.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
Of course he is Conference bound, really with all the years you have been watching football I thought you would at least have some idea of the game and players.

Knight probably will drop a division, but he will come back to haunt us at some point. Luckily by the time that happens McGhee will be a thing of the past.

His attitude is the stumbling block to his future-that's why I believe he is Conference bound. Better players than Knight have seen their careers go in the wrong direction for non-football reasons and I believe a similar fate awaits Knight unless he sorts himself out. We are talking about a player that Zola likened to himself when he was younger but hasn't the sense to make better use of natural talent.

Personally, I don't see Knight coming back to haunt us-unless Aldershot get successive promotions;)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bwian said:
His attitude is the stumbling block to his future-that's why I believe he is Conference bound. Better players than Knight have seen their careers go in the wrong direction for non-football reasons and I believe a similar fate awaits Knight unless he sorts himself out. We are talking about a player that Zola likened to himself when he was younger but hasn't the sense to make better use of natural talent.

Personally, I don't see Knight coming back to haunt us-unless Aldershot get successive promotions;)

O how I hope he goes to Stoke...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here