Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight admits Brighton career is over

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I wouldn't mind seeing the other sides of this story. We know that Leon is not blameless (he doesn't come across as blameless in this article, he admits that he can be opinionated (he's a black LI!)), but we also know that MM does not always handle people very well, and has been known to do his "right, off my coach" trick before. Not sure about FDM, because he doesn't seem the sort to attract problems - if he was, then we would have noticed from his first match.

Leon was wrong to slag MM off, and perhaps MM has just had enough of being chipped away at by Leon?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leon has to go in the transfer window. McGhee has given him plenty of chances recently but Leon is clearly unhappy.

I expect the clubs most interested to be anyone in the top half of League 1 and any big clubs in the bottom half of League 1.

It is a very sad situation. Leon's goals got us up and I'll be forever grateful for that, but it's time for him to leave.

This story is worrying, especially on the back of the Mark McCammon bust-up. McGhee needs to bring in new blood, and fast.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
HampshireSeagulls said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the other sides of this story. We know that Leon is not blameless (he doesn't come across as blameless in this article, he admits that he can be opinionated (he's a black LI!)), but we also know that MM does not always handle people very well, and has been known to do his "right, off my coach" trick before. Not sure about FDM, because he doesn't seem the sort to attract problems - if he was, then we would have noticed from his first match.

Leon was wrong to slag MM off, and perhaps MM has just had enough of being chipped away at by Leon?

Thats would I said, Lets wait and see what Kuipers has to say....

LI - THATS LETS WAIT AND SEE WHAT KUIPERS SAYS, NOTHING ELSE:jester:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Two things spring to mind from that article.

1) If you were the manager trying to prepare a team for a big game, might you not fancy kicking off the coach a player who's stirring up trouble and therefore disrupting the build-up?

2) What a poor excuse for being late for training? I live in Woking so sometimes I get held up.

Well, Leon, most people that commute make sure they get to work on time regardless by leaving some time in hand... and if you really can't stop being late, why not move closer to Brighton as you're supposedly so keen on staying here??

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
he has fallen out with every manager hes ever played for, the blame cant be laid at mcghees feet solely

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
seagullion said:
he has fallen out with every manager hes ever played for

No he hasn't. He's fallen out with Chris Turner, who's too shit for Stockport, and Mark McGhee, who's a useless, clueless twat.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
London Irish said:
Knight's comments are a disgrace to any professional footballer. Not content with f***ing up his own career at the Albion, he is now trying to stir up shit between Kuipers and the management. He is an utterly poisonous influence at this club and I wish McGhee and Dick Knight the best of luck in trying to get something for this misfit, but it will be very hard now given the reputation Leon Knight has made for himself as a self-obsessed immature troublemaker.

:clap:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
London Irish said:
a self-obsessed immature troublemaker.

Yup, that sounds a pretty fair description of McGhee.

Good on Leon for being so honest - although it's a poor state of affairs if our 22-year old striker is more mature than our "manager". His words should answer the critics who reckon he doesn't care about the club - not that they'll listen. Good luck Leon!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Repugnant Toad said:
No he hasn't. He's fallen out with Chris Turner, who's too shit for Stockport, and Mark McGhee, who's a useless, clueless twat.

not forgetting the youth team coaches at chelsea, who are obviously clueless as well

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Scotty M said:
not forgetting the youth team coaches at chelsea, who are obviously clueless as well
:lolol:

You can't just make things up you know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Repugnant Toad said:
Yup, that sounds a pretty fair description of McGhee.

Good on Leon for being so honest - although it's a poor state of affairs if our 22-year old striker is more mature than our "manager". His words should answer the critics who reckon he doesn't care about the club - not that they'll listen. Good luck Leon!
McGhee's Albion record is as follows:

Two and a half seasons:
1 - took over when we were 5th, finished 4th, promoted to the Championship via the playoffs
2 - red hot favourites for the drop, kept us up. Season included away victory at West Ham, & home victory v Sunderland
Sold £2m worth of talent, replaced with £300k.
3 - half way through and 1 point from safety. But we were 4 points clear of the drop zone just 2 weeks ago.

Yet Leon Knight stands up on the team bus and moans that the manager doesn't know what he's doing. Do me a favour. :nono:

McGhee is not above criticism but I fail to see how Knight ranting like this has earned your respect. ???

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
London Irish said:
Knight's comments are a disgrace to any professional footballer. Not content with f***ing up his own career at the Albion, he is now trying to stir up shit between Kuipers and the management. He is an utterly poisonous influence at this club and I wish McGhee and Dick Knight the best of luck in trying to get something for this misfit, but it will be very hard now given the reputation Leon Knight has made for himself as a self-obsessed immature troublemaker.
spot on,.although i hate being right:(

E

enigma

Repugnant Toad said:

I hardly think that McGhee is useless after he kept us up last season.

The trouble is with you lot is that you think the club can attract player s and managers that wouldnt come to the cclub, and that McGhee is holding the club back from being a mid-table team. :lolol:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The whole thing makes me sick. The one thing that we have had going for us since we had no stadium is the much heralded "spirit" in the squad.
That poisonous little prat has fkd it up and I for one can't wait to see the back of him. As for who would buy him and how much we get, I'd settle for a free and spend his wages on the likes of Gatting and Lynch:albion:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Barry Hazgon said:
The whole thing makes me sick. The one thing that we have had going for us since we had no stadium is the much heralded "spirit" in the squad.
That poisonous little prat has fkd it up and I for one can't wait to see the back of him. As for who would buy him and how much we get, I'd settle for a free and spend his wages on the likes of Gatting and Lynch:albion:

Again im not going to deny he has an attitude, but could this thing have been avoidable if mcghee hadnt gone blabber mouthing to the press?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Pikey said:
Leon Knight is coming to gills in a swoop deal for Darren Byfield.
A tin pot lower league team would the ideal place for the stroppy gobshite to attempt to rebuild his career. Mind you jills don't get on his back when he starts moaning at the lack of service. :wave:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here