Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon Knight admits Brighton career is over

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
KinkyHitler said:
Would Understand if Knight Snr would be pissed he paid 100k for Knight and could lose him for nothing.

I doubt not playing Nicolas after begging for Knight to find the funds for him doesnt help nor the el turi mishap.

It is funny, every time the club is asked they say that Knight came on a free. Why is it that you know better?

I find it amusing that if anybody has a criticism of Leon Knight you jump on them and claim that they are speaking rubbish. However, your constant digs at Mark McGhee irritate me. You are yet to come up with a viable alternative and ignore the great signings e.g. Henderson, Reid, McShane, Frutos, Carole, Kazim-Richards etc. Nicolas has been a big disappointment since signing permanently and is not played as a result. I think everybody thought he would be better than he has been.

Maybe if you look at our squad in comparison to others then you will realise that we should be in the bottom three and keeping us up last year was a great achievement. Since then we have lost Virgo and Harding. Two young players who were turned from reserves into regular first teamers by McGhee. Their sales will have made £2m for the club in February when Leeds pay their second installment. This money is to keep the club going. The simple fact is that we are still paying for the loss of the Goldstone and whether you want to look that far back or not it is the root of all our problems (not Mark McGhee or Dick Knight). Back McGhee or don't go because I think Dick Knight has the sense to know that he should stay even if we go down!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I thought they did to. However I do agree with the rest of Finchley's points except the one about Nicolas. I feel Nicolas should be given a run in the team and is a rare example of MM practicing poor man-management.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
It's a shame it has come to this. Sounds like Knight should've learned to keep his mouth shut rather than stir up trouble regarding Kuipers' non selection when he was already in McGhee's bad books. But he won't change his personality, so if he is going to be a disruptive influence he sadly has to go.

Knight's comments are a disgrace to any professional footballer. Not content with f***ing up his own career at the Albion, he is now trying to stir up shit between Kuipers and the management. He is an utterly poisonous influence at this club and I wish McGhee and Dick Knight the best of luck in trying to get something for this misfit, but it will be very hard now given the reputation Leon Knight has made for himself as a self-obsessed immature troublemaker.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Knight's comments are a disgrace to any professional footballer. Not content with f***ing up his own career at the Albion, he is now trying to stir up shit between Kuipers and the management. He is an utterly poisonous influence at this club and I wish McGhee and Dick Knight the best of luck in trying to get something for this misfit, but it will be very hard now given the reputation Leon Knight has made for himself as a self-obsessed immature troublemaker.

Again, lets wait to see what Kuipers has to say first shall we.:wave:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
LI spot on. Didn't Knight turn all against him at Sheff Weds as well ???

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
KinkyHitler said:
Sorry, where is Chris Turner now?

You need a new argument.

Chris Turner getting fired has no bearing whatsoever on Knight being a little shit.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
KinkyHitler said:
Sorry, where is Chris Turner now?

Chris Turner is the only person I can think of out side the top flightwho is as big a shithead as Leon. He's got his comeuppance lets hope Leon gets his.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bwian said:
You need a new argument.

Chris Turner getting fired has no bearing whatsoever on Knight being a little shit.

So do you really, calling him a little shit is just as dull.

No but the fact he is a woeful manager who took a decent team in wed down then being fired for taking stockport from lg 1 to the bottom of league 2 says a lot about his judgement.

Funny How Gary Stevens (i believe) said i have never had a problem with him.

Also if he was such a little shit why did QPR and Huddersfield both want him?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
"In my opinion they don't know what they are doing'.

" Perhaps he doesn't like me mouthing off on the training field but I've always been the same, I speak my mind.

"Some managers accept the way I go on, some think it's offensive and they don't like it.

And this is after Leon's agent has done his best to spin the story ? I'm thinking he needs a new agent and we need a new striker. I can't imagine anyone giving us money for Leon, given his reputation and history.

Last edited:

KinkyHitler said:
Again, lets wait to see what Kuipers has to say first shall we.:wave:

Stop being the Leon Knight of this messageboard Kinky. You have done nothing but slag off Kuipers on this messageboard for as long as you have been a member of it.

Now suddenly you're a big fan of Kuipers because he's (naturally) unhappy at being left out at Chaigneau's expense?

You take your dislike of McGhee to new heights of opportunism and double standards.

If you genuinely believed any of the crap you've written about Kuipers for years on here, you should be applauding McGhee for giving Chaigneau his chance before we get Hendo (and maybe Blayney?) back.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Stop being the Leon Knight of this messageboard Kinky. You have done nothing but slag off Kuipers on this messageboard for as long as you have been a member of it.

Now suddenly you're a big fan of Kuipers because he's (naturally) unhappy at being left out at Chaigneau's expense?

You take your dislike of McGhee to new heights of opportunism and double standards.

If you genuinely believed any of the crap you've written about Kuipers for years on here, you should be applauding McGhee for giving Chaigneau his chance before we get Hendo (and maybe Blayney?) back.

You do really read into things that are not there dont you:lolol:

All I said was lets see what Kuipers says.:jester:

But of course what i really ment was lets sign Ian Walker:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:

You do really read into things that are not there dont you:lolol:

All I said was lets see what Kuipers says.:jester:

But of course what i really ment was lets sign Ian Walker:lolol:

Whatever Kinky. Is Michel now your new favourite player now Leon has left?
You pick the one who is the biggest pain in the arse to the management, don't you? :)

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Whatever Kinky. Is Michel now your new favourite player now Leon has left?
You pick the one who is the biggest pain in the arse to the management, don't you? :)

So you are agreeing that I didnt say any of the above shit you just posted :jester:

Didnt think Ben Roberts was that much trouble, nor was simon Morgan.

Last time I checked Butters nor Brooker caused any blazing rows.

But hey ho - you carry on talking crap. :lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I can't link, but if you go to Ebay and the Brighton Shirt section look what is on there!:ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here