Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
missed loads of shot ON PURPOSE so the forest fans went home happy

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Re: can someone please explain?

scarby said:
cannot be arsed to troll through the endless self obsessed drivel that some slagboats post on here

Quote of the week.

:thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
Liz was not the first person to raise this topic on the phone-in. Someone called Matt mentioned Leon's removing his arm band first. And he was followed immediately by another caller making the same point.

I stopped listening before Liz came on, but clearly there were a number of people in the North Stand who had been upset.

I guess I'm not the only person in the South Stand who saw nothing.

I personally think Liz in her position shouldn't be ringing in a local radio station to complain.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
FFS amazing really isn't it

when Leon plays a blinder , hes everyones hero , when he has a bad game , he gets abuse

YES the black armband thing was a bit disrespectfully done , he should have dealt with it better but as mentioned in previous threads ,he wasn't the only one to do it

please would people stop bitching :)

thank you.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
So it seems 99%+ of people on here think this is a complete non-issue, then. Quite right, too. I'm somewhat disappointed that Liz Costa, as someone in a position to represent Albion fans, chose to go on the radio and single out one player out of three for criticism when it was nothing to do with her.

If Adam Virgo is offended, that's a matter for him, Leon, Charlie and Michel, but I very much doubt he is. She should have kept her nose out - I only hope she's rather ashamed of herself now.

And London Irish - what's wrong with you? You're being awfully reasonable tonight!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is just so pathetic.

He did nothing wrong and I have to say I believe it was used as a contentious point to give more beef to the phone-in.

Beach Hut said:
This is just so pathetic.

He did nothing wrong and I have to say I believe it was used as a contentious point to give more beef to the phone-in.
Whilst I'm regularly irritated by the Phone-In's Mrs Merton-style "LET'S HAVE A HEATED DEBATE" approach to trivial issues, I don't think that this particular one was kick-started by Harty.

When the first caller mentioned the alleged incident, IH sounded completely baffled and simply said that he hadn't got a clue what the caller was talking about.

It was only when the next caller made the same point that Harty realised that something had apparently happened. Obviously it took off from then.

Did ANYONE in the South Stand see anything at all? I certainly didn't.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Well I saw nothing from the North Stand, albeit entrenched by the hammer nets - with a fine view of certain people in the south Stand in the front row ???

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I was in the South stand and didnt see anything.

I've just read this whole thread and wished I hadn't. It seems like everyone has just had an excuse to have a go at everyone else yet again.

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I saw the whole thing, officer (from 2nd row of Block R)

Leon had come down the channel and had just been wrestled off the ball quite physically by one of the Forest players, who (I believe) had grabbed him by his armband (as well as his head, and waist!). As the ball had gone back up field, Leon stomped a few yards up and yanked at his armband (which was now round his wrist) and flung it off. A handful of people started shouting "pick it up!" but that soon turned into one guy going "Leon, show some f***ing respect", which then turned into "F***ing pick it up you b**tard", which elicited the 'f**k off' reaction from Leon (which was practically under his breath, but you could defo see the lips move - I couldn't hear it) and then about 2 minutes later, he shouted "w***er" at Leon, to which Leon just did a w**ker signal back, and a few people cheered, quite ironically. Somebody had a word I think cos the bloke shut up after that.

Personally I felt Leon was wound up before the game tonight, but he seemed more annoyed from the mix-up with OGH when they were both through on goal in the first half, than he did the penalty save. Anyway, the idiot who abused him clearly got what he wanted because LK was pretty much anonymous in the 2nd half, I felt.

Anyway, my personal view is that the few touches of brilliance Leon showed, some of them AFTER all this kicked off, reaffirmed my belief that not only should we get behind Leon, but we should make a special effort to applaud him regardless - because he's a fragile and talented personality player, and the better screwed on his head is, the better he'll play. My tuppence worth.

Repugnant Toad said:
And London Irish - what's wrong with you? You're being awfully reasonable tonight!

Shut it Toad - you should be hanging your head with shame at the disgraceful performance of your first team today at Shithurst Park :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Or am I confusing you with your comedy partner again :jester: :jester: :jester:

......oh and great post from Comedy Steve there - sums the entire issue up in a nutshell.

Really, if this armband crap gains any momentum at all over the next few days - and surely it deserves to disappear straight away - but if it does, then we should be looking to send Leon messages of support to demonstrate that the likes of Liz Costa DO NOT represent the views of Brighton fans on this issue.

Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Re: Lets all pick on Leon Knight shall we?

Richie Morris said:

He obviously gets on well with the rest of the team and despite his penalty miss the two team mates who were on the radio were full of praise for him.

Completely agree with everything you said, especially this...do you remember last season, an NSC poster starting threads about how Leon didn't get on with the other players and would be off. Can't remember the wind up merchant's name...something like Mitchie Doris...something like that....:dunce:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
who is Liz Costa? just a fan like the rest of us,o.k because of her position she may be a bit overblown & self important but surely leon can ignore people like her & hart , the palace fan in disguise

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Could you explain the " Palace Fan in Disguise" bit?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Notice that when Liz Costa calls the phone-in, she chooses to make it abundently clear that its Liz COSTA (and not just "Liz").

Just so we all KNOW, like. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Lord Bracknell said:
Whilst I'm regularly irritated by the Phone-In's Mrs Merton-style "LET'S HAVE A HEATED DEBATE" approach to trivial issues, I don't think that this particular one was kick-started by Harty.

When the first caller mentioned the alleged incident, IH sounded completely baffled and simply said that he hadn't got a clue what the caller was talking about.

It was only when the next caller made the same point that Harty realised that something had apparently happened. Obviously it took off from then.

Agree the caller mentioned it first, but Hart replied something along the lines of "I wasn't going to say anything until someone else mentioned it". That, to me, meant that Hart HAD seen something but wasn't sure how to interpret it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here