Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon and the Black Armband [Merged threads]

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Who caused all the trouble? Bleedin' Season Ticket holders again. Ban 'em all I say.

wilderabeast

Jul 27, 2004
The Promised Land
Armband thing purely frustration defender was tugging it at every opportunity...Leon and the players will have allready showed there respect to Virgs by being supportive of him..so no probs there....telling the bloke to f*ck in the north stand good on leon supprised you have told liz Costcutter and ian hart to f*ck off yet i would have !!!!

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Why can't they do like is done for the Captain's armband and tape it on ?

rool

Jul 10, 2003
e77 said:
Why can't they do like is done for the Captain's armband and tape it on ?

The wearing of black armbands appears to be more frequent the last few years so why not incorporate it into the shirt design?.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Liz Costa has always had it in for Leon and if you had the misfortune of sitting anywhere near her in the North Stand as I do you would hear her slagging him off week in, week out.

No doubt she could barely contain her excitement when he gave her a reason to ring up and slag him off over the airwaves.

And shame on Harty for joining in the witch hunt. I normally agree with him on most things but not this time.

Some people seem determined to drive him away from this club and won't be happy until they see him playing for Reading.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
227 BHA said:
Liz Costa has always had it in for Leon and if you had the misfortune of sitting anywhere near her in the North Stand as I do you would hear her slagging him off week in, week out.

Very true. I have the same misfortune.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
i wish people would get a perpective on this. leon threw off a piece of black cloth. if some beleive it to be dis-repectful so be it. personally i pay bloody good money to watch football and to me thats what i perfer to question. on saturday i was more annoyed that leon stayed prolasped on the ground in the last few minutes when all around him were battling for the ball. this happens all too often. one day he is actually going to get properly injured and no buggars going to notice.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
PILTDOWN MAN said:
on saturday i was more annoyed that leon stayed prolasped on the ground in the last few minutes when all around him were battling for the ball. this happens all too often.

I must say, I don't remember that. Be fair, he's virtually cut out the diving and theatrics since McGhee left him out for a few games, and works as hard as anyone in that side. Get off his back.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Repugnant Toad said:
I must say, I don't remember that. Be fair, he's virtually cut out the diving and theatrics since McGhee left him out for a few games, and works as hard as anyone in that side. Get off his back.

i'm not on his back just passing comment on team ethics! if a defender laid on his back allowing the forward to score when theirs buggar all wrong with him i beleive there would be extreme critisism from the fans, so whats the difference?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here