Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon and the Black Armband [Merged threads]

Squiggsy

Oct 26, 2003
Worthing
Jesus wept.

I know who I think is more important to this club at the moment and it isn't a bloody coach trip organiser. That whole bloody clique should sort themselves out and get a life.

Leon has been pretty sensational for the last month, cut out a lot of the diving, upped his workrate and does things that most people in this division can't dream about.

If he left this club we would be a lot worse off, he thrives on confidence and that's exactly what he should be getting from the crowd. We know that team spirit is not a problem in the Albion camp and I'm pretty sure that McGhee is more than capable of sorting it out if that became an issue, as he's a bloody good manager.

On which point, I'm more than prepared to back his judgement on big Mark - look at the points we've picked up when he's been on the pitch. He might not be the prettiest player but he's damn effective.

Can't believe some people - we should be well chuffed after the last month we've had. Take a good look at yourselves and stop bloody whinging.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I cant believe this utter BOLLOCKS - Kuipers (the man who can do no wrong) took his off nothing was said but as soon as leon "Diving little shit" does it its an outrage, I really hope he leaves for the sake of his career he will score a lot of goals at this level if he plays for a decent side.

For all you moaners you really will miss him when he is gone - you really will have something to moan about then.
No disrespect to LI here but can you imagine a strike force of Mccamon and Hart? That really will be something to moan about

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Looks like Toads handwriting to me. :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All I saw and heard from the South Stand was Leon getting abuse and then him turning round and making a jesture to the fans.

Fair enough I thought bearing in mind the amount of shit he gets off some so called Brighton fans.

I do wonder sometimes how much of the Leon treatment is hidden racism?

Im not saying all the people who abuse Leon are racist. They are not.

BUT

Some people that sit near me constantly slate and moan at him. One even told me that he wouldnt celebrate his goal against Cardiff because he was 'a lcuky little fucker and he didnt want him in the Brighton team'.

Jarret came on later and lo and behold got the same unjustified abuse.

Leon is our most talented player and we should be getting behind him, not driving him out of the club.

The majority of fans have reacted well to Leon's recent run of form and apparant change of attitude, which makes me think all the more that those who refuse to do this are perhaps a little bit prejudice.

On a different topic I thought the way some people were making a joke about Harding was harsh.

I am not his biggest fan and have been critical of him on here but when he plays for us, we should get behind him.

He is only a young lad and it wont help his confidence shouting abuse at him like some were doing in B Block.

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I don't think that this particular one was kick-started by Harty.

When the first caller mentioned the alleged incident, IH sounded completely baffled and simply said that he hadn't got a clue what the caller was talking about.

It was only when the next caller made the same point that Harty realised that something had apparently happened.

Hmmmmmm .... you may think that ... but I could not possibly comment

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Comedy Steve said:
Leon had come down the channel and had just been wrestled off the ball quite physically by one of the Forest players, who (I believe) had grabbed him by his armband

spot on - and the prime reason why he dislikes wearing armbands and usually removes them (after a respectable period).

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
Richie Morris said:

Leon is our most talented player and we should be getting behind him, not driving him out of the club.

Absolutely, no one should abuse Leon. Neither should anyone post stupid rumours about him arguing with team mates. Not that any of us would do that.:jester:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Richie Morris said:
All I saw and heard from the South Stand was Leon getting abuse and then him turning round and making a jesture to the fans.

Fair enough I thought bearing in mind the amount of shit he gets off some so called Brighton fans.

I do wonder sometimes how much of the Leon treatment is hidden racism?

Im not saying all the people who abuse Leon are racist. They are not.

BUT

Some people that sit near me constantly slate and moan at him. One even told me that he wouldnt celebrate his goal against Cardiff because he was 'a lcuky little fucker and he didnt want him in the Brighton team'.

Jarret came on later and lo and behold got the same unjustified abuse.

The majority of fans have reacted well to Leon's recent run of form and apparant change of attitude, which makes me think all the more that those who refuse to do this are perhaps a little bit prejudice.

On a different topic I thought the way some people were making a joke about Harding was harsh.

I am not his biggest fan and have been critical of him on here but when he plays for us, we should get behind him.

He is only a young lad and it wont help his confidence shouting abuse at him like some were doing in B Block.

We he said

the best one i heard was in north stand where somebody said Leon was slow and we should bring Kerry on fror him?!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Richard Whiteley said:
Absolutely, no one should abuse Leon. Neither should anyone post stupid rumours about him arguing with team mates. Not that any of us would do that.:jester:

No. And neither should we post about him crashing his Mini at Seven Dials, either :D

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Robert Lester Zamora said:
spot on - and the prime reason why he dislikes wearing armbands and usually removes them (after a respectable period).

Good. Glad I wasn't the only person who saw this!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Could you explain the " Palace Fan in Disguise" bit?

always happy to give people slagging the club air time but seems to cut others short. Irealise Hart &the rest of the gulls eye
lot were instrumental in exposing the 2 asset stripping bastards, but now he "has gone legit" he sometimes tries too off hard to be seen not to have a blinkered opnion of the Albion &the players, even though I realise hes brighton through & through he sometimes pisses me right off. whether Leon was right or wrong no-one at the moment knows virgos opinion &Idoubt that its the most important thing on his mind , so people like liz costa & hart should not be shit stirring on air . being called a palace fan was just the shittiest insult that came to mind & a bit twatty really.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Rangdo said:
Both her and Harty were very hard on him.

For someone who kept saying "(he) wasn't going to mention it" Harty didn't half f***ing go on about it didn't he.

Give the guy a break, there is absolutely no way he was being disrespectful to Bob Virgo, and as for the swearing at the guy in the North Stand, I'm sure it was no worse than the language he was on the receiving end of.

I NEVER understand the moral high ground fans take when they dish out merciless abuse to a player who then turns round and says "f*** oiff". All of a sudden the fan who's language was previously bluer than a Northern comedian is all shocked and appalled at the language coming back. How ridiculous.

Leon Knight is class, and I dearly hope he signs a new contract,

:clap: ... but I fear he won't.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here