Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leon and the Black Armband [Merged threads]

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Dont agree about him not liking to sign autographs either he signed plenty without problem at Newcastle airport on way back from Sunderland.
Leave Leon alone.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
NickL said:
I agree, but his reaction to the crowd was poor and isn't something i like to see from one of my favourite players.
I think its easy to sit dispassionately after the event and say "he shouldn't have done this" and "he shouldn't have donen that". But during a competative football match, reactions happen in the heat of the moment. Leon was pumped up, probably frustrated having run himself into the ground (again) for little reward, discarded the armband, and immediately saw a load of people giving him a hail of abuse. So he turned round and gave some back.

Come on, he's young. He's human. Get off the fella's back. Why do people always expect footballers to be "whiter than white". He was probably pissed off at what he perceived to be a complete overreaction by a few people. I'm not saying he was right to dish abuse back, but for christs sake get a grip. This is turning into a storm about absolutely nothing.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My gable end needs re-pointing and he failed to fix it this afternoon as he was too busy being disrespectful

larus

Easy 10 said:
I think its easy to sit dispassionately after the event and say "he shouldn't have done this" and "he shouldn't have donen that". But during a competative football match, reactions happen in the heat of the moment. Leon was pumped up, probably frustrated having run himself into the ground (again) for little reward, discarded the armband, and immediately saw a load of people giving him a hail of abuse. So he turned round and gave some back.

Come on, he's young. He's human. Get off the fella's back. Why do people always expect footballers to be "whiter than white". He was probably pissed off at what he perceived to be a complete overreaction by a few people. I'm not saying he was right to dish abuse back, but for christs sake get a grip. This is turning into a storm about absolutely nothing.

Seems some people will only be content when we can run our best players out of here, we can then plumm,et back down the leagues and they can go back and enjoy the wallowing in self-pity.

Leave the guy alone. If you can't say anything positive at the game, then SHUT THE f*** UP (please).

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
She quite annoyed me this time. Whatever happened, she could have written a letter to McGhee or Knight if she had a problem- but why go on local radio and slag off Leon.

Last edited:

Liz was not the first person to raise this topic on the phone-in. Someone called Matt mentioned Leon's removing his arm band first. And he was followed immediately by another caller making the same point.

I stopped listening before Liz came on, but clearly there were a number of people in the North Stand who had been upset.

I guess I'm not the only person in the South Stand who saw nothing.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Lush said:
He spent the whole of the QPR game "picking at" the black "tsunami" armband. I think he just finds them uncomfortable and irritating.

There is no way he would be purposely disrespectful. Maybe he's got bigger biceps than most, what with all those press-ups.
yeah , agreed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here