Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talking out of his arse

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
If the club spent so much of its time confirming or refuting every rumour, or clarifying every piece of horseshit that some fan 'who has heard something' can enlighten us with, nothing would ever get done. Dick Knight has better things to do than to answer to some fantasist's whimsies.
Certainly, but I was referring to figures quoted in the Argus, not the ones banded about on here. If the Argus has spouted a load of shite about us bidding x amount for Tom Brighton for example, and the club decide not to bother correcting it if indeed it is totally inaccurate, then it just leaves the fans once again completely misinformed about the situation.

As said elsewhere, I get the feeling that the financial situation is considerably more dire than Mr Knight is letting on.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Easy 10 said:
Certainly, but I was referring to figures quoted in the Argus, not the ones banded about on here. If the Argus has spouted a load of shite about us bidding x amount for Tom Brighton for example, and the club decide not to bother correcting it if indeed it is totally inaccurate, then it just leaves the fans once again completely misinformed about the situation.

As said elsewhere, I get the feeling that the financial situation is considerably more dire than Mr Knight is letting on.

What he said

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Gifton Noel Williams doesnt want to come - shock

Mcghee seemed to blame Knight.

How could Brighton not afford him after getting Leon and a few others off the wage bill, lets face it Burnley are not a rich club. or is it the fact No one wants to play for Mcghee.
I am glad your understanding of fiscal matters only comes out on a messageboard. If it was in a real life company, there would be 'Ye Olde Kinky's Revolving Door' at the Bankruptcy Courts.

Did you really believe that we are now financially rosy for offloading one or two players? Or even three or four? We pay our players sod all, so in loaning out or selling these players we have saved, what? Four lots of sod all? GNW, on the other hand wants a damn site more than sod all.

Kinky Gerbils said:
or is it the fact No one wants to play for Mcghee.
I am fascinated with this obsessional fantasy, (and it is an obsession) that you have about players not wanting to play for Mark McGhee. You appear to make out that there is a conspiracy (quote: 'no-one wants to play for MM') amongst the rest of the professional footballers across the UK that Mark McGhee is not someone you should ever play for.

It's difficult to know where to begin to counter such a ludicrous charge.

And before we get the daft 'look at the evidence - Knight, Jarrett, Molango...' bit, how about considering what the truth might be, learning to accept it, and dealing with it appropriately. Then, when all avenues of consideration are exhausted, THEN we can think about the PFA's attitude to Mark McGhee.

Isn't it interesting that the current crop of Albion players have the 'utmost respect' for McGhee, but no-one else does?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The Large One said:
I am glad your understanding of fiscal matters only comes out on a messageboard. If it was in a real life company, there would be 'Ye Olde Kinky's Revolving Door' at the Bankruptcy Courts.

Did you really believe that we are now financially rosy for offloading one or two players? Or even three or four? We pay our players sod all, so in loaning out or selling these players we have saved, what? Four lots of sod all? GNW, on the other hand wants a damn site more than sod all.

I am fascinated with this obsessional fantasy, (and it is an obsession) that you have about players not wanting to play for Mark McGhee. You appear to make out that there is a conspiracy (quote: 'no-one wants to play for MM') amongst the rest of the professional footballers across the UK that Mark McGhee is not someone you should ever play for.

It's difficult to know where to begin to counter such a ludicrous charge.

And before we get the daft 'look at the evidence - Knight, Jarrett, Molango...' bit, how about considering what the truth might be, learning to accept it, and dealing with it appropriately. Then, when all avenues of consideration are exhausted, THEN we can think about the PFA's attitude to Mark McGhee.

Isn't it interesting that the current crop of Albion players have the 'utmost respect' for McGhee, but no-one else does?

What proof have you got then that players DO want to play for Mr Mcghee?

and im not the only one that thinks in this way am I?

Albion Rob

The Large One said:

Is it because most of them know they wouldn't get a look in at a club at this level and many wouldn't even make the regular starting eleven in the division below?

Joking, joking, joking. I love them all and we'd best get right behind them on Saturday because it really is shit or bust this week.

:albion: :albion:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Easy 10 said:

I am sure it is. But what is the point of worrying everyone, especially if you can't do anything about it.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Sid James said:
And you would know would you ?

It is exactly this sort of twaddle, that others then peddle as truth, that generates so much misinformation in the first place.

Well it pretty common fact the Burnley are not a rich club at all and they will not be breaking the bank to sign players.

Look at most of the signings they make mainly from the lower leagues.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Kinky Gerbils said:

What proof have you got that they don't?

And there is a handful of you on NSC that think that way, but that's because you want MM out, nothing else. That's hardly representative is it?

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
The Large One said:
I am sure it is. But what is the point of worrying everyone, especially if you can't do anything about it.

....and weakening your negotiating position should you decide to or have to cash in on one of your players.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Large One said:
I'm already worried anyway. Might as well know the facts on what I need to be worried about !

Look, I don't want to use this as a stick to beat DK with, because I absolutely back him 100% for all the usual reasons. But going on the fans phone-in and telling everyone that money IS available for McGhee to bring in some players, when all the evidence points to completely the opposite, is not helping matters. The only thing worse than having no hope, is being given false hope first.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Easy 10 said:
I'm already worried anyway. Might as well know the facts on what I need to be worried about !

Look, I don't want to use this as a stick to beat DK with, because I absolutely back him 100% for all the usual reasons. But going on the fans phone-in and telling everyone that money IS available for McGhee to bring in some players, when all the evidence points to completely the opposite, is not helping matters. The only thing worse than having no hope, is being given false hope first.

Quite right. Which is why I have been concerned for weeks that MM is being 'hung-out to dry' so to speak.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I dont think its a case of not wanting to play for him as they are professionals and get paid for playing football. Maybe if we are in the top 6 next season (of League 1) then people will want to join us - loans or perm signings. I suppose no one wants to play for a struggling side.

However interesting to note that Martin Jol in Four Four Two this month said its an English mentality that Managers have to keep their players happy. On the continent its the other way around!

However as a fan Im entitled to be a little bit pissed off with MM for the continual squad 'rotation', tactics, apparant lack of set piece coaching etc etc. Maybe some of the players are as well.

Dont forget on the phone in McCammon did blame the service that the strikers are getting. Now I know he is shit but he does have a point. Maybe some players are 'frustrated' as opposed to not wanting to play for him.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Seagull73 said:
Quite right. Which is why I have been concerned for weeks that MM is being 'hung-out to dry' so to speak.

even mm SEEMED to be having a little bit of a dig at dk in the argus today i thought.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Kinky Gerbils said:
Well it pretty common fact the Burnley are not a rich club at all and they will not be breaking the bank to sign players.

Look at most of the signings they make mainly from the lower leagues.

True but they are also capable of paying when they want to .. ie no tranfer fee but signing ricketts from cardiff who was still on a Premship type of salary (no proof here before flamed ,but he was on a high wage at cardiff )

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Kinky Gerbils said:
Sorry, Kinky, but that reply really is worthy of Kev the Ape. All you did there was to word that statement to fit your own obsessional agenda. Of all the reasons that there are for players not to come here, you pick on one which is the daftest.

Kinky Gerbils said:
So?

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
London Irish said:
But it beggars belief that it has taken this long for the penny to drop with you? How long have all of us known this!!!!!!!!!!!

How many interviews does McGhee have to give that the market we deal in is other people's mistakes, like Darren Currie? The other bits of the market we deal in is gambling on young players with a handful of games behind them (Zamora, CKR), players nearing the end of their careers (Butters, Blackwell, Morgan, both Ro(d)ger(s), Dodd, Kitson), young foreign players no one has ever heard of (Turienzo, Carole, Frutos, Molango) and occasionally we get lucky with loan players who we can never afford once everyone realises how good they are (Sidwell, McShane).

That's the reality! Deal with it and stop flaying McGhee and Knight - be thankful the club have had four promotions in recent years despite all these handicaps! We CANNOT afford established Championship-level players because they either cost to much in transfer fees or too much (in Noel-Williams' case) in wages. That is what all the fuss about the Falmer stadium is about - only that will deliver us the financial security and the revenues to be able to have higher players budgets. That and the odd Argentine takeover! :lol: (But I'm not banking on the latter).

What LI said, twice over with a cherry on the top and a little sprinkling of hundreds and thousands...

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
I think the difficulty is that DK has said money is availalble for "the right player"

IMO, That "right player" is probably:

1) an experienced professional centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

OR

2) an unknowing EU centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

OR

3) a talented and hugely inexperienced young centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

The sensible money would be on option 3...

Last edited:

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Barnet Seagull said:
I think the difficulty is that DK has said money is availalble for "the right player"

IMO, That "right player" is probably:

1) an experienced professional centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

OR

2) an unknowing EU centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

OR

3) a talented and hugely inexperienced young centre forward who's willing to come to a club with a piss poor facilities for f*** all money.

You could be right

The sensible money would be on option 3...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here