Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Knight talking out of his arse

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Easy 10 said:
But if the club arn't going to refute it, then what are the fans left to believe ?

Dont believe anything you read in the paper or on here!!! I know DK said about Tom Brighton but no figures were mentioned. MM has said there is money for wages to bring in a player but not for transfer fees, so confusing maybe.

Last edited:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
WATFORD O said:
What a load of arse. I'd still rather have your chairman than ours. DK has done wonders for your club. Show respect.

For once matey you are talking sense:)

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Race said:
Dont believe anything you read in the paper or on here!!! I know DK said about Tom Brighton but no figures were mentioned. MM has said there is money for wages to bring in a player but not for transfer fees, so confusing maybe.

Raceo - what's happening with Turienzo at the moment? Is he still injured, available but shit, dead or what? Has anyone seen him? I didn't know hamstring injuries could last 3 months.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Albion Rob said:
As ever, it is the likes of Archer, Bellotti, De Vecchi and such who are to blame here.

Would we feel so shit if we were still at the Gioldstone while this dragged on?

Would we feel so shit if the foundations were being poured for Falmer?

Would we be so suspicious of everything that comes out of the club were it not for four years of bullshit from Bellotti?

Yes, performances this season have been appalling at times but the team have generally given tgheir best and over a 46 game season, the weakest sides usually finish in the bottom three.

Obviously it's frustrating to contemplate League One football, obviously it's a worry that we won't get out of this slump and obviously it's a worrk that we so clearly need a striker but seem unable to sign one.

However, we're all on the same team and if we suddenly hit a hot streak and by some miracle stay up then we'll all be hugging each other on the pitch after the Stoke game.

There seems to be a plethora of people in the county who clearly don't know what it means to Sussex to have a professional football team and not become some obscure curiosity like Cornwall. We can't let these bastards win.

STICK TOGETHER.
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
The problem is that we are not made aware of the full peril of our Financial situation. Rightly or wrongly DK is protecting us from the full horror.

Unfortunately, to then turn round on the phone-in and say that wages was not an issue with the loan targets, and to then say there were various reasons why we missed out on various players, just didn't really wash with me.

If we mean wages wasn't a problem, but signing fees, bonuses etc was a problem, then tell us that, we can cope with that information.

If we don't have a pot to piss in (I fear that too), then let's not kid ourselves that McGhee has a transfer budget. Apart from anything else, it's not fair on the manager, as we end up thinking he's incapable of signing a player when he has the money to.

Tell us how bad things are, it may jolt us into more direct action towards LDC, and will take some heat of MM if we all realise just how much his hands are tied.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Normandy seagull said:
The old 'they don't want to play at Withdean' chestnut doesn't wash with me.

But why is that so hard to believe though? Players want to play in the best surroundings and for the best money they can possibly get. Some would rather sit on the bench and stay where they are rather than play 1st team football, some might have made other arrangements with other clubs for next season, the reasons are endless. Players are just as fickle as fans you know!

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Benny Zamora said:
Raceo - what's happening with Turienzo at the moment? Is he still injured, available but shit, dead or what? Has anyone seen him? I didn't know hamstring injuries could last 3 months.

Think hes training with them now.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If we cannot foot the wage bill for this guy we do not deserve to be competiting the the championship and if by some freak we stay up we will be plum bottom of the championship next season with the lowest points total ever.

This story confirms WE CANNOT COMPETE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP. theres not point in pretending we can, its 3/4 seasons in div 1 and then a push back up if we ever get Falmer.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Race said:
Oh I don't.
But if the club let this (supposed) mis-information pass in the local paper without comment, then we, the fans, are just the preverbial mushrooms arn't we, ie left in the dark and fed shit. If the Argus is fabricating figures then surely someone at the club should be having a word in Mr Naylors shell-like.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Benny Zamora said:
Could you ask Guy if he knows if Turi will be able to play at any point this season?

*Awaits Naylor exclusive tomorrow*

I could ask but he's the wrong person to be asking!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Race said:
I know DK said about Tom Brighton but no figures were mentioned.
6 figures were mentioned, I think by MM in the Argus and certainly by Clyde.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Silent Bob said:
6 figures were mentioned, I think by MM in the Argus and certainly by Clyde.

I meant DK never mentioned the actual figures in his interview. I know there has been stuff printed.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Race said:
But why is that so hard to believe though? Players want to play in the best surroundings and for the best money they can possibly get. Some would rather sit on the bench and stay where they are rather than play 1st team football, some might have made other arrangements with other clubs for next season, the reasons are endless. Players are just as fickle as fans you know!

So someone like Leon Knight was bothered about anything other than Wages/Bling/Cars etc ?

I have known several pro footballers down the years and all of them have put money over pretty much everything, I dont blame them its a short career.

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
Rougvie said:
So someone like Leon Knight was bothered about anything other than Wages/Bling/Cars etc ?

I have known several pro footballers down the years and all of them have put money over pretty much everything, I dont blame them its a short career.

Sorry, dont quite get what's meant there about Leon?

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Gritt23 said:
The problem is that we are not made aware of the full peril of our Financial situation. Rightly or wrongly DK is protecting us from the full horror.

Unfortunately, to then turn round on the phone-in and say that wages was not an issue with the loan targets, and to then say there were various reasons why we missed out on various players, just didn't really wash with me.

If we mean wages wasn't a problem, but signing fees, bonuses etc was a problem, then tell us that, we can cope with that information.

If we don't have a pot to piss in (I fear that too), then let's not kid ourselves that McGhee has a transfer budget. Apart from anything else, it's not fair on the manager, as we end up thinking he's incapable of signing a player when he has the money to.

Tell us how bad things are, it may jolt us into more direct action towards LDC, and will take some heat of MM if we all realise just how much his hands are tied.

DK shuold not be protecting us from the full horrors. We should know. Honesty and openess is the only way forward

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here