Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kicked off in LODZ

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
US - not sure where you pluck these views out , almost as bad as LB on this subject.

As someone mentioned without the bans we'd be a different proposition . That said, still more than enough there to have it if needed.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
god help the authorites if Poland meet Germany. WWW3 will commence

I hope not! We our country was ruined, and lost its empire as a result of our last interference in a war between those two. Let the pair of them just get on with it. Personally, I hope that Germany wins - and that would be the first and last time I thought that, but I am sick of all the poles over here at the moment.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
god help the authorites if Poland meet Germany. WWW3 will commence

That match passed off at 2006 World Cup in Dortmund without incident! This time would all depend how many Germans travel, and whether the Polish/Ukranian (as could be in Ukraine) police are able to cope. Reading some reports, would be a far right love in!

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I hope not! We our country was ruined, and lost its empire as a result of our last interference in a war between those two. Let the pair of them just get on with it. Personally, I hope that Germany wins - and that would be the first and last time I thought that, but I am sick of all the poles over here at the moment.

Don't say that to Thomas Kuszak.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Your being silly now mate. I have expressed my views. You have expressed yours. Job done.

Indeed. We've both put our views across and agreed that mine was right. Have a nice weekend.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
That match passed off at 2006 World Cup in Dortmund without incident! This time would all depend how many Germans travel, and whether the Polish/Ukranian (as could be in Ukraine) police are able to cope. Reading some reports, would be a far right love in!

there were a few rumbles outside the ground, but the police did a good job, Im not too sure about the polish police...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
This tournaent will go ok in the group stages without too much incident, there will be minor scuffles as above, but nothing major, the problem will be when the hosts are out which could well be group stage. Then I think it will kick off.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I was living in Frankfurt for the last world cup, and I think there was something like 40,000 England fans in the stadium, and 40 or 50,000 in the city and apart from lobbing blow-up spitfires at the police, i didnt see any trouble at all... although it f***ed my mind up seeing British police patrolling the city center.
Ive had black friends, male and female in the club, and not really sensed any great racism towards them from Ukrainians, whether thats respect for me or not, i dont know. They and the Poles have nitwits, the same as England does, the big difference is theres a lot more of them, and they do take their football violence seriously. They actually train for it. Its like all sports...England invents it, and everybody else gets better at it. Having said that, im not going, I cant be bothered, and its only a hop, skip and jump from here.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

They come over here, do the jobs that British people think are beneath them ...

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I do not begrudge any pole over here prepared to work hard and improve their lives, which they almost exclusively do.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They come over here, do the jobs that British people think are beneath them ...

What a crock of shit, they do the jobs for wages that British families cannot survive on, most Poles over here don't have families and homes to finance, they live in cheap digs, share rents, then go back home when they have enough saved, to be replaced by another eastern European.

Dec 29, 2011
What a crock of shit, they do the jobs for wages that British families cannot survive on, most Poles over here don't have families and homes to finance, they live in cheap digs, share rents, then go back home when they have enough saved, to be replaced by another eastern European.

If they're taking jobs that English people cannot do (due to wages to too low), what's the problem?

We have spent no money educating them, and will probably spend no money on their pension, yet they come over here, pay tax and generally increase the performance of the economy. What is wrong with that?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Tony Bloom will no doubt be hoping that Tomasz Kuszczak's wage negotiations go along the lines you describe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here