Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kicked off in LODZ

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I was in Katawice in 1997 and yes the Poles were game as f*** but the English gave as good as they got. However from my point of view the Poles only wanted to attack each other and they only sold ticket in the ground in section as to where you actually lived. This trip was possibly the last time England could say that they turned up with a real firm and lost their crown of being number 1 in Saski park in Warsaw in 1999.

i did that trip to Katowice and it was crazy,the poles were fighting each other all day and the police beat anything that moved .You seem to have forgotten the game in Rome later that year though which went slightly pear shaped.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
The police dont police the stadiums reading a report they leave it to stewards if they cant handle it the police step in, they said the stewards handled that well yeah after 4 ended up in hospital

When asked why the police did not step in to assist the stadium staff at the time, Sokolowski said: "It was at the stadium. We react when security and steward at the stadium cannot handle things. In this case they fast took control at the situation."
According to Eurosport's Polish office, four members of stadium staff were taken to hospital but all were released later that evening.
The footage shows one steward left in a heap on the ground after being set upon by several assailants before the violence dissipates and he is helped to his feet, while another is kicked in the head while trying to evade a lone attacker.
Sokolowski added: "Nothing serious happened to the man who was kicked."
Russia's next match is against co-hosts Poland in Warsaw on Tuesday. According to reports, mayor Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz will decide whether or not to let the anticipated thousands of Russian fans travel to the capital for the game.

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One last point that you may have missed, is that letting teachers compete and open schools will mean good teachers pay will rise, as they will be free to open their own business / schools. As I say, its a mentality thing of safe pension and safe cheque at the end of each month against innovation, competition and being good at what you do. Its not teacher bashing, its about delivering for kids and frankly only a teacher could think that schools are good enough as they are.

have your thread back

Last edited:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
One last point that you may have missed, is that letting teachers compete and open schools will mean good teachers pay will rise, as they will be free to open their own business / schools. As I say, its a mentality thing of safe pension and safe cheque at the end of each month against innovation, competition and being good at what you do. Its not teacher bashing, its about delivering for kids and frankly only a teacher could think that schools are good enough as they are.

have your thread back

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
What's with all the teacher crap on here?

Have NUT got their own firm over for the Euros?

The NUT are having it large with the Polish NASUWT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here