Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin McLeod joins Albion

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
No of course, they did all play their part (sometimes :rolleyes:), but I'm saying (for me) Kuipers & Forster were the main two that got us to where we ended up. To be honest, I think Elphick is over rated and while I really like Murray, did give some contribution but I think we will see more of him next season (here's hoping anyway!)
Elphick is over-rated. You obviously don't know football then.

acrossthepond

Jan 30, 2006
Ruritania
Kuipers

Whing - Elphick/Hawkins - Lynch - new signing

Cox - Thomson - new signing - Mcleod

Forster - Murray

Is starting to look quite tasty to me.

If we can get a bit of pace coming off the bench to change a game then I think we could be in business this year. I've already said we'll go up, and I still believe it.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Sounds a good signing, keep up the good work Micky.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
ooooh I don't know football, that's it, thanks! :thumbsup: That's why my opinion of him is so different from you deluded lot.

What is more worrying is that your responses make it clear that you would be delighted to be proved right and Elphick to fail. Pretty stupid to want one of the club's prized assets to fail. Also, he is not an NSC phenomenon as he was voted player of the year and funnily not all Brighton supporters read NSC.

Personally, I think Elphick is a fantastic player and I hope to be proved right this season (awaits smug prats throwing this back in my face when he makes his first mistake this season).

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Oh please, you don't honestly think we've got a good enough all rounded team to actually compete. If we'd of got to the playoffs, we'd of stood no chance.

There's two main reasons why we got as far up the table as 7th - Forster and Kuipers!

And your point is???? Were you complaining about the balance of contribution in 2000 and 2001 when Zamora won us two consecutive championships?!! How many times has Ronaldo almost single-handedly won games for Manure? The only thing that counts is where you finish in the table.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Great signing if consistent. Mate of mine is a swans fan said he's a match winner on his day, was gutted when he left them :thumbsup:

Adams is good at dealing with these types of players and getting them onside.......he got the respect of Dennis Wise at leicester.....which to me seems impossible because he's a spiteful little c***

Last edited:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
happy with that have always thought mcleod was a decent player and gives us some pace out wide

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As things stand you or I could walk into our midfield. We clearly need two more signings in there, but I still don't think Westlake would be the argus. Good solid player, but he's got nothing special going for him, and he wouldn't be part of a squad looking for promotion. If we were trying to stay in league one I'd go for him.

I'd love it, just love it if you could play a full 90 minute game with the Albion team. I'd pit Kerry Mayo opposite you and watch you destroy the ginger prince with your silky skills and talent. You could then run rings around Thomson, Cox and Robinson before finally bossing Fraser.

You da man, CB.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
And hopefully the arrival of quality players may encourage others we are after to join the Adams revolution at the Withdean.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This looks like a decent signing. As Micky says, 2 goals in his last game for Colchester for a wide men with a left foot is impressive, as is 7 in 28 prior to his departure from Swansea.

Adams loves to sign a player with a point to prove and McLeod and Hawkins both tick those boxes. For the first time in ages we seem to have a side with experience without being past it.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Great news that Mickey keeps bringing in experienced players, quite excited by those two so far. Shame about Westlake, seemed like a great chap.

Ok so whats next? Left Back, Central Midfielder, Striker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here