Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin McLeod joins Albion

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
As things stand you or I could walk into our midfield. We clearly need two more signings in there, but I still don't think Westlake would be the argus. Good solid player, but he's got nothing special going for him, and he wouldn't be part of a squad looking for promotion. If we were trying to stay in league one I'd go for him.

Well done, completely agree.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He's not that good at all. Leeds can't of needed/wanted him that badly last season if they were pushing for promotion.

Well given they spend £350k plus Harding I would suggest he was pretty decent. Also played the first part of their season when they were awesome.

Oh and have you seen how good there centre midfield was at the end of the season? Howson and Douglas, one an Ireland international and the other one of the best prospects in the league.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Strong enough to get us to 7th :thumbsup:

Oh please, you don't honestly think we've got a good enough all rounded team to actually compete. If we'd of got to the playoffs, we'd of stood no chance.

There's two main reasons why we got as far up the table as 7th - Forster and Kuipers!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'd say the goalkeeping, defending, and goalscoring parts of our team are good enough to get us 7th, and probably a lot higher. What let us down was the midfield. We got 7th in spite of the midfield, not because of it.

Stole my point, didn't realise you'd already put something similar :lol:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Oh please, you don't honestly think we've got a good enough team to actually compete. If we'd of got to the playoffs, we'd of stood no chance.

There's two main reasons why we got as far up the table as 7th - Forster and Kuipers!

Not at all, equally I dont think we will get to the play-offs this year. Our midfield was clearly the weakest part but for me Westlake was one of the reasons for our slight return to form at the end of the season.

We had three or four good players last year and that couple with the league being so shite got us to 7th. Just playing devils advocate a bit.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Oh please, you don't honestly think we've got a good enough all rounded team to actually compete. If we'd of got to the playoffs, we'd of stood no chance.

I agree the squad we had would have stood a chance in the play offs, and in the end we finished 7 points behind teams in 6th and 5th.

There are more players than Forster and Kuipers, I would add Murray and Elphick for sure

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Not at all, equally I dont think we will get to the play-offs this year. Our midfield was clearly the weakest part but for me Westlake was one of the reasons for our slight return to form at the end of the season.

We had three or four good players last year and that couple with the league being so shite got us to 7th. Just playing devils advocate a bit.

Yes I do agree, and least we agree our midfield was weak!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I agree the squad we had would have stood a chance in the play offs, and in the end we finished 7 points behind teams in 6th and 5th.

There are more players than Forster and Kuipers, I would add Murray and Elphick for sure

No of course, they did all play their part (sometimes :rolleyes:), but I'm saying (for me) Kuipers & Forster were the main two that got us to where we ended up. To be honest, I think Elphick is over rated and while I really like Murray, did give some contribution but I think we will see more of him next season (here's hoping anyway!)

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
QUOTE=Nemesis;2437511]It isn't Wilkins signing players so don't hold your breath.

Also, expect bhadeb to make reference to Robin Reliants and the club not moving forward as fast as DK suggested a few days ago.[/QUOTE]

what was the need for that i have even posted on this subject and you have a pop -
:tosser::tosser::tosser:

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Absolutely. Michel and Forster contributed most last season, but I'd fully expect Murray and Lynch to be right up there with them next season. Whing won't be far behind either, plus whatever we bring in. Elphick is just an nsc craze. Wait for him to make a couple of glaring cock-ups and people will realise how wrong they were.

:lolol:

Yes definately (hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the arse)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well he left Swansea to go to a higher level, not sure why Colchester though but they are hardly an attractive club are they!

I think Colchester have been paying through the nose. Swansea do not seem to be big spenders on the wage bill front. Robinson has left and I see Ferrie Bodde has handed in a transfer request.

I don't know much about him, but he sounds as though he is our saviour. One bad game though and I will be calling for him to be transfer listed and or proclaim that we have been mugged, whilst turning on the manager.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here