Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kevin McLeod joins Albion

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Just reading throught these threads it's amazing how many fights CB has got into in the last 24 hrs. IMO you're ruining a lot of them with pointless squables, you should take a break from the board to calm down.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Have never seen him play. Like the sound of him but not sure how highly he was rated at Colchester. Below are some quotes from their fans...

Will not be missed. good riddance.

W'Heeeey.......... that's the best news I've heard for months. Now all the dead wood is well and truly gone...... what a waste of space. Col U's worst signing I can remember. Lets hope we can hold on to our best players and add a few more to the squad. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

It gets even better! Not only have they signed McClown, but, according to 606 on BBC, Virgo (no, not John!) could be going back there too! and they're actually mildly excited by the prospect! Relegation fodder me thinks :)

Lurvvvvvv that he was so bad worst player over last 2 years followed close by teddy and granville, get rid ov guy and ill be happy

Great news - according to the Brighton management team, McClown's a pacy winger and a good crosser of the ball!!! He must have forgotten about that during his time at CUFC.

Have never seen him play. Like the sound of him but not sure how highly he was rated at Colchester. Below are some quotes from their fans...

Will not be missed. good riddance.

W'Heeeey.......... that's the best news I've heard for months. Now all the dead wood is well and truly gone...... what a waste of space. Col U's worst signing I can remember. Lets hope we can hold on to our best players and add a few more to the squad. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!

It gets even better! Not only have they signed McClown, but, according to 606 on BBC, Virgo (no, not John!) could be going back there too! and they're actually mildly excited by the prospect! Relegation fodder me thinks :)

Lurvvvvvv that he was so bad worst player over last 2 years followed close by teddy and granville, get rid ov guy and ill be happy

Great news - according to the Brighton management team, McClown's a pacy winger and a good crosser of the ball!!! He must have forgotten about that during his time at CUFC.

From reading this thread on 606, it seems that McLeod was a waste of space while at Colchester.

They didnt rate Virgo much either, but what do they know, they went down last season.

BBC - 606 - - A36856399 - Thank You Brighton !!!!!!!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
If you're not sure after quotes like that, you may want to read them again!

No need.You want to swallow that shit like a tipical mug then you a bigger fool.I'll make my own judement when he pulls on a blue and white shirt.Why do idiots like you take other fans views gospel?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No need.You want to swallow that shit like a tipical mug then you a bigger fool.I'll make my own judement when he pulls on a blue and white shirt.

he did that at Colchester!:blush:

Seriously - he has the ability but lacks consistency. Let's see what Adams can do - he has a great track record with this type of player

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
On papewr this looks a good signing... a player who played first team football to a reasonable standard in a divison above us and plays in a problem position for us. Of course the proof is in the pudding but seems a good one. Would hazard a guess that Adams being here (a name) and Wilkins not will have influenced McLeod's decision to come to us over Colchester.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
No need.You want to swallow that shit like a tipical mug then you a bigger fool.I'll make my own judement when he pulls on a blue and white shirt.Why do idiots like you take other fans views gospel?

Whoa horsey. I was referring to the original point which was "I'm not sure what Colchester fans think of him..."; what they say won't cloud my view at all.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Well Colchester offered him a new contract which he refused.
Virgo was impressive whilst here, so yes I think it is a bit of sour grapes.

They seem to not mention his parting performance of scoring 2 goals.

Welcome on board!!!

I can also see Adams getting the best out of Murray!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
And your point is???? Were you complaining about the balance of contribution in 2000 and 2001 when Zamora won us two consecutive championships?!! How many times has Ronaldo almost single-handedly won games for Manure? The only thing that counts is where you finish in the table.

Oh dear :nono:

Don't bother posing if you haven't read the previous posts.

I wasn't complaining about the imbalance of contribution. My point, to spell it out for you, was about our weak midfield. When I was told it was 'strong enough to get us to 7th' in which my reply was the one you picked up on. I pointed out our league positioning was mainly down to two players - Kuipers & Forster not the midfield.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
What is more worrying is that your responses make it clear that you would be delighted to be proved right and Elphick to fail. Pretty stupid to want one of the club's prized assets to fail. Also, he is not an NSC phenomenon as he was voted player of the year and funnily not all Brighton supporters read NSC.

Personally, I think Elphick is a fantastic player and I hope to be proved right this season (awaits smug prats throwing this back in my face when he makes his first mistake this season).

That is your opinion and I have mine.

I don't think he is as good as everybody makes out, and I am entitled to that opinion without accusations being made as ridiculous as wanting somebody to fail! I am a Brighton fan and so why would I want that. If he proves me wrong next season so beit and good for him, but until then I shall stick with my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here