Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Seems to have been sorted a long time ago.. At the fans forum Gus was VERY clear in his point that KLL was going to be here for many years.
I would suggest that was all agreed on, but we needed to wait for the Insurance all clear.. must be approximately a year since his injury? Maybe there's a '12 month after the event' issue... it might explain why he hasn't played a huge amount, given we've perhaps needed the options he can bring.

Walker_this_way

Oct 18, 2011
Great news about LuaLua but i'm suprised he signed, we haven't played him in so long its unreal. Now this move has been made he better get some game time. I expect at least 15-20 mins for him vs Coventry next weekend. Noones hit a stumble and we need that pace back.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Seems to have been sorted a long time ago.. At the fans forum Gus was VERY clear in his point that KLL was going to be here for many years.
I would suggest that was all agreed on, but we needed to wait for the Insurance all clear.. must be approximately a year since his injury? Maybe there's a '12 month after the event' issue... it might explain why he hasn't played a huge amount, given we've perhaps needed the options he can bring.

Might be a lot of truth in this. Our signing him was always dependent on his insurance and it looks as this has now come through.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Poker playing by Gus & Tony.

Keeping him in the background for a few months, keeping his profile low, then sign him for the price they want to.

Lua Lua, prepare to be unleashed!

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Imagine a midfield from Buckley, KLL, Bridcutt, Vicente, Noone, Harley. Thats got goals and creativity written all over it. Hopefully, Navarro, Dicker and Sparrow wont worm their way into the team

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Imagine a midfield from Buckley, KLL, Bridcutt, Vicente, Noone, Harley. Thats got goals and creativity written all over it. Hopefully, Navarro, Dicker and Sparrow wont worm their way into the team

Wow. What a post.

You do realise that there isn't just one catch-all position of 'midfielder' and that there are actually different roles to play?

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15

Prefer Dicker too Harley tbh.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Wow. What a post.

You do realise that there isn't just one catch-all position of 'midfielder' and that there are actually different roles to play?

Ok, remind me what 'role' Navarro or Sparrow has in the team. And if you say Navarro stops others playing you obviously havnt seen him play in the Championship. Bridcutt is our holding midfielder, you dont need more than him, he's outstanding at this level. These players offer nothing to us. I hardly think the roles of someone like harley or Vicente are the same as the 3 wingers mentioned either!!! In fact your reply is utter rubbish

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Harley can f*** off. Thats my considered opinion. Rather have my gran in the middle of the park.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I like the way we got him on loan then never played him to push the price down.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure this is actually true. The Southampton fans were raving about him.

I'm not knocking Noone who is a brilliant player but of late for all his jinking runs he hasn't actually set up a decent goal scoring chance or looked like scoring himself. Time for a rest.

Coleby1007

Feb 28, 2011
Lancing
Harley can f*** off. Thats my considered opinion. Rather have my gran in the middle of the park.

He's an enigma. Sometimes he looks class and that goal on his debut was outstanding, but most of the time he looks like he cant be arsed, looks lazy and we carry him away from home. One of the most frustrating players ive ever watched.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agreed, but I still maintain Kazenga is the MATCH-WINNER of the two. He's the BOX OFFICE option. Noone is good and I've no problems with him because he's one of the few to really raise his game this season to step up to the new division, but I just don't see him creating many chances, which is ultimately the job of a winger. With Kazenga, it's not unusual for him to lay on several open opportunities in one game. Even this season, when all the brains of nsc will tell you he's been shit, off the top of my head I can remember him coming on against Blackpool, raping the full-back three times and putting it across the six yard box for anybody to tap in had they bothered to be there.

That`s about right. When KLL is firing he is a special player. Noone might be a harder worker and track back but Kaz will hurt teams so much more.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think if you already have a player on a long term loan, you're allowed to make that deal permanent outside the regular transfer windows.
Really? Wouldn't that mean that after a transfer window has closed, a club can take a player on loan and then sign him, meaning that the window being closed means nothing?

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
I hope Gus capitalises on this good news for Lua Lua and starts him on Saturday. It will hopefully kickstart his season and take the pressure off Noone who been fantastic but needs a rest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Cue: "Ok we've been beaten 5-0 today but i can't believe we didn't win the game. We were undoubtably the better team!".
Cotterill's post match analysis is becoming legendary.
That's what Dougie Freedman said after the Leicester game on SSN. (roughly: ) 'We could have been 3-0 up, but it went Leicester's way so they were'. What a f***ing idiot :lolol:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here