Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Didn't see that coming, although I was sure he wouldn't be returning to the Newcastle team the way their season has gone so far. Hopefully he can regain his form before the injury as the season progresses.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
Anyone think it is anything to do with the Harper deal?

You want Harper, you will have to sign KL?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
drip,drip,BANG now see him go its always been my theory that Gus has not used him to often to try and reduce the price a little and I have no doubt that he has dripped away and eroded the price until it was right now watch the lad tear up some defences

Yes, I think there is a lot of truth in this. It wouldn't have been teh plan all along, but the way Noone started the season, it worked out to be the case. As for why now, it's probably a combination of Newcastle seeing him as a bench Championship player, and thereby agreeinga lower price, and perhaps Gus knowing he is about to give him a run in the side, and if that comes with some stand-out performances, then his price would be going straight back up again.

Result!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fairness, KLL was at times a rare moment of disappointment in the early part of the season when we were winning. His weakness appeared to be that he was bullied off the ball before he got into dangerous crossing positions. (Although once he is into a crossing position, he is excellent, and that is obviously what TCB means by match-winner.)
I recall an early season game where he appeared to be a bit shit by giving the ball away and going down too easily, but then in that same game he put in two top class crosses that should both have resulted in goals.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He played most of the game against Leeds and was, admittedly, not that great.

I thought in the first half he looked lost as he didn't seem to know what to do when the play was all going through noone. In the second half with noone on the bench and play going through lualua he had a much better performance.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Im not sure where this rumour of him being a good crosser has come from? From where I sit in the west stand about 90% of his crosses on his left foot go out of play.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Im not sure where this rumour of him being a good crosser has come from? From where I sit in the west stand about 90% of his crosses on his left foot go out of play.

Try Specsavers as I've seen a good many crosses go into the 6 yard box which have been wasted because no one was there to tap them in. I'm in the north stand so maybe I have a better viewpoint of the byline.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes but that would mean Harley dropping out and would imagine he would be on the bench to cover and with Hoskins and Barnes in the squad running out attacking places on the bench especially if we continue with one winger

Harley isn't exactly an impact player ( even when he plays 90 mins!) so I would much rather see KLL on the bench or starting than him.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Personally I think this is great news. Kaz has found it a little harder this year in the championship but he is a class player and it will start to show soon. Give him a run in the team now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Maybe from deep, but when he runs past the full back on his outside, he only needs to steal a small amount of space and he can and does whip the ball in across the box at pace. Very dangerous when he does that, which is 2 or 3 times a game in the ones I have seen.

I'd say his biggest problems are giving the ball away and being muscled off the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here