Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kazenga Lua Lua signed permanently from Newcastle (merged)

D

Deleted member 18477

f***ing BRILLIANT!!! i love Kaz and always knew Poyet was just taking it easy due to his previous injury! So glad to have been right BUT thats all well and good, we all need Kaz to step up when Poyet feels hes ready now. He's been a player who can win games by himself at league 1 level thus far, he now needs to prove he can do at championship level and i'm confident he can do so. Get in!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Best news for ages. KLL still my favourite Albion player and I really do feel when he gets a run, he will be dynamite. Look at what he did last season and to Spurs in the pre-season friendly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agreed, but I still maintain Kazenga is the MATCH-WINNER of the two. He's the BOX OFFICE option. Noone is good and I've no problems with him because he's one of the few to really raise his game this season to step up to the new division, but I just don't see him creating many chances, which is ultimately the job of a winger. With Kazenga, it's not unusual for him to lay on several open opportunities in one game. Even this season, when all the brains of nsc will tell you he's been shit, off the top of my head I can remember him coming on against Blackpool, raping the full-back three times and putting it across the six yard box for anybody to tap in had they bothered to be there.

I don't often agree with you but LuaLua does get his crosses in whereas Noone has become predictable albeit that he's been played on the right instead of on the left.

D

Deleted member 18477

Agreed, but I still maintain Kazenga is the MATCH-WINNER of the two. He's the BOX OFFICE option. Noone is good and I've no problems with him because he's one of the few to really raise his game this season to step up to the new division, but I just don't see him creating many chances, which is ultimately the job of a winger. With Kazenga, it's not unusual for him to lay on several open opportunities in one game. Even this season, when all the brains of nsc will tell you he's been shit, off the top of my head I can remember him coming on against Blackpool, raping the full-back three times and putting it across the six yard box for anybody to tap in had they bothered to be there.

you said it! even when he's played this season he's put the ball into the box a lot more than some of our players. he's box office, i'm excited!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Fascinating, and is actually making me quite hopeful now. On the few occasions he's played this season he's not set the world alight & I'm sure I'm not the only one who was thinking he may not come back in January. But Noone was very flat against Saints and perhaps needs a break, this could be the perfect timing.

Lua Lua should draw confidence from this, as it clearly proves Poyet does rate him. Opponents like Coventry could be the perfect chance to get him out there and set him free.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Brilliant. I'm looking forward to bouncing the thread where numerous morons told me I was wrong for backing Kazenga over Noone. It's a matter of time before their roles are reversed and we see what Kazenga is made of (which is a lot more than Noone).

Have to agree with you on this one. Just need to ease him back in to the side slowly.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think if you already have a player on a long term loan, you're allowed to make that deal permanent outside the regular transfer windows.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
This has been a real bolt from the blue.

He's hardly played - and looked unsure for the 200 mins that he has.

Perhaps as others have said, we've been keeping him in cotton wool to get him over his injury or we've been negotiating on the price and his lack of appearances have helped that. The insurance story stacks up too.

Either way I cant believe we've signed him to just sit in the stands and claim his wages.

So lets all sit back and hope we watch him tear a new arsehole for the rest of the Championship teams.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Strangely underwhelmed by this. I'd like to see KLL stay on his feet a bit longer, and release the ball slightly earlier, before I get really excited. I don't doubt he has the talent, but his brief cameos so far this year haven't got the pulse racing yet. I'm trusting Gus's judgement.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Strangely underwhelmed by this. I'd like to see KLL stay on his feet a bit longer, and release the ball slightly earlier, before I get really excited. I don't doubt he has the talent, but his brief cameos so far this year haven't got the pulse racing yet. I'm trusting Gus's judgement.

You mean he shouldn't be allowed to get hacked down three times in a row like last time he played?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Agreed, but I still maintain Kazenga is the MATCH-WINNER of the two.

It's an interesting point. You could argue that both are match winners when they're introduced as subs.
Nooney is often easy to second guess and his final ball can let him down, but Kaz seems to have that unpredictable nature about him that defenders always seem to struggle with. Even if he's off form he wins free kicks and always tries to get to the byline and whip in a cross.

I'm well chuffed with this signing.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Looking at the fixture list we've got Cotterill coming to the Amex in a couple of weeks.

Cue: "Ok we've been beaten 5-0 today but i can't believe we didn't win the game. We were undoubtably the better team!".

D

Deleted member 18477

what a strange thing to say. it's not like he's running along with no defenders hacking at his ankles is it...

D

Deleted member 18477

Looking at the fixture list we've got Cotterill coming to the Amex in a couple of weeks.

Cue: "Ok we've been beaten 5-0 today but i can't believe we didn't win the game. We were undoubtably the better team!".

Cotterill's post match analysis is becoming legendary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here